REALM

AU Harry Potter | Winter 2018

Staff

House Points

G: 479 H: 469 R: 675 S: 363

Otm's

Add Reply
New Poll

a russian rat is clever, clever or he ends up dead, come plot with nick!

Nikolai Volkov

a son becomes a man at his father’s knee

Hailey Profile Plotter Tracker Ranking Extra Info Etc

Slytherin
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Year
Undecided
Clash
Halfblood
Status
6'0"
Height
Hailey
She/Her
Pronouns
12-January 18

Jan 12 2018, 11:35 PM   LINK Quote
Nikolai Volkov
seventeen » slytherin » cunning » ambitious » heterosexual

Nikolai Maratovich Volkov was born in St. Petersburg, Russia and it was there he had intended to live out his days. However, sometimes what people intend is no were close to reality. Nick's mother, a pureblood English witch, died in childbirth and his father, a Russian muggle, was murdered right before his eyes for stealing money to send Nikolai to England where he could live with his mother's wealthy, but previously estranged, aunt and uncle and have a real education. Due to his father's low social standing, Nikolai worked as a paperboy for two years and knows the city of St. Petersburg like the back of his hand, and still has the cap to prove it!

Nick is a very stressed boy, but he's cunning and knows how to take care of himself. He's not good at expressing emotions...either as too many, or not enough; however, he has an unrivaled passion, ambition, stubbornness, and sense of loyalty. He's a good kiddo deep down...I swear, but he's been through a lot so isn't very open and approachable. He's flexible...but also really bad at taking orders, and always worried about letting people down.

In terms of Friends: Nick wouldn't have that many, only a few close friends...but really good friends. These would be the people he'd trust with his life.

Relationships: I'm honestly looking for anything! He's not much of a fling guy, but has certainly had one a few times. I'm looking for past relationships...endgames...honestly I'm a hopeless romantic and am willing to find some love for my little child.

Lastly...Enemies: oh my...Nick has probably made some enemies. He can seem as a callous person and that may rub people the wrong way...plus he's really out for self preservation unless you're one of his really close friends...whoops.

--------------------
there's a lover in the story, but the story's still the same.

Farrah Revah

Even amidst fierce flames the Golden Lotus can be planted

Mari Profile Plotter Tracker Ranking Extra Info Etc

Hufflepuff
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Hufflepuff
Year
Undecided
Clash
Pureblood
Status
5'6"
Height
Mari
She + Her
Pronouns
4-January 18

Jan 13 2018, 12:02 AM   LINK Quote
Hai. It's me. Mari. c:

I have arrived

Milena & Nick: So we kind of talked about this and I think I would like to offer Milena up as a lose friend! They're both kind of rough around the edges and I think she would have punched someone who tried to make fun of Nick early on. Even if they weren't friends. She's not that much into bullies, and she's not very much into rumors but she also doesn't like them being spread. If they were somehow put together as firsties during their classes and boded, she's the type to go to mat for her friends. They both had trouble sleeping so I can actually see them having late night chats over hot chocolate or s'mores in the kitchen. He'd probably have to walk Milena to the tower though cause she's terrified of the dark. xD So there is that for you! Yell at me here or on skype.

Farrah & Nick: Given their temperament I kind of want to throw Farrah at Nick as a possible love interest with no actual strings! Just more of feeling out what direction they would go. She's very go with the flow despite being a pureblood, and to be honest she's probably heard a rumor or two regarding the circumstances with his parents. Even though she is easy going Farrah does have flaws, she's a prideful little thing and people think she's so easy going that she wouldn't say something but she's the type to lowkey throw insults. I think she wouldn't forgive someone if they betrayed her so she can be harsh. Maybe they start off on the wrong foot, just not traveling in the same social circles, they pair up and he's got the wrong impression of her? I'm working this out. Also toying with the idea of them being at the festival and visiting @Henrietta Woodbane's and @William Pierce's stall and one of them getting robbed? Either they catch the actual thief or accusations are flung. Idk, these are just ideas.

That's all for now! <3 @Nikolai Volkov

Edit! because I just thought of this!

Cassandra & Nick: Cass here saw her entire family murdered, spent a couple of years hiding out with her aunt in an enchanted forest all because she was a halfblood. Her mother was a halfblood too and all her aunts and uncles (and paternal grandparents) were blood purists. She mostly keeps to herself, is a piano prodigy and likes to camp outside when given the chance. I don't know how she'd interact with Nick, but sine she has zero actual friends, I assume it would be bad. Lol. She's not the easiest person to get along with mostly because she doesn't have time and doesn't know what she wants.

Okay now I'm done for real

--------------------

She's the lust in love, the flames in fire and the wet in your mouth.

user posted image
01/20/18
Slytherin
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Sixteen
Year
Clash
Pureblood
Status
5'5''
Height
Lacey-Jay
She/Her
Pronouns
4-January 18

Jan 13 2018, 03:36 AM   LINK Quote
Yes hi hello! I believed we have talked briefly in the chatbox, but my name is Lacey! Feel free to add me on Skype at laceyjay1992

So I have a couple of children running around, but my newest girl is Novalie here and I want to offer you up her first!

Nova is a 6th year Slytherin pureblood who grew up in Sweden! She's a famous ballerina who has spent most of her childhood traveling the world and preforming. With that being said, she's kind of an awkward teenager, who hasn't spent much time just being 'normal' or hanging out with those her age. She doesn't understand puns, nor some common jokes. For example, if you say 'couch potato' she would literally be like 'oh, that doesn't sound appetizing' because like..potatos are for eating, no? She's sweet and kind, and quiet for the most part. Patient and determined. Fiercely proud of her country, parents and her craft; ballet. Even though she is a pureblood, she doesn't care for blood status, so that wouldn't matter to her.

I can throw her at you for anything, really? She is about to engaged to another Russian Slytherin, but we haven't worked out if it were a love plot or anything yet. I really wanna let Nova go out and flourish, and see where it goes! She's never kissed a boy before, nor has she been in a relationship. She isn't much of a flirt, and wouldn't know what too do if she developed a crush on someone.

<3 @Nikolai Volkov

--------------------
user posted image
Avatar by Evan <3 Signature by chocoLATE. Of Shadowplay

Nikolai Volkov

Slytherin
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Year
Undecided
Clash
Halfblood
Status
6'0"
Height
Hailey
She/Her
Pronouns
12-January 18

Jan 13 2018, 09:21 AM   LINK Quote
@Farrah Revah
Hey Mari! <3

Milena and Nick: THAT WOULD BE SO CUTE, honestly he's punched his own fair share of people...whoops...but I definitely think Milena and Nick could be good friends. Nick doesn't like to talk about his parents and seeing that Milena doesn't like rumors...he'd appreciate that. But yessss, hot chocolate and s'mores at night sounds so cuteeee

Farrah and Nick: Oooo this could be a cool dynamic and if anything romantic happened between them i kinda get the feeling it would be a more casual sort of deal? like you said, no string attached. But yes, Nick is all about self-preservation, though close friends are his exception. i definitely feel like with both of their strong personalities they definitely started off on the wrong foot. BUT THAT IDEA IS ACTUALLY HILARIOUS, Nick would be like "what the hell, i'm used to robbing people...not being robbed..." and if it was Farrah who was robbed and was accusing him....hahahaaaa he would be like "well fair...i get where this accusation is coming from but for once i didn't do it."

Cassandra and Nick: I feel like Cassandra and Nick would at least have some sort of an understanding between the two of them...they probably wouldn't really interact as Nick isn't much of a social butterfly but both seeing their family murdered? they both kinda share that same aspect...yeah...we'll have to talk more about them!

____
@Novalie Mårtensson
Hey Lacey!

Novalie and Nick: I THINK THIS COULD BE SO CUTE. Nick spent the first ten years of his life in St. Petersburg, Russia and coming to Hogwarts was the first time he really stepped out of the city, that being said he was also raised as a muggle and while was poor...does know a bit more about muggle things. For instance: he does know Disney movies, and actually quite a bit of what was going on in Russia 9-7 years ago (he would learn to read the newspaper...). Nick still has some Russian pride even if he's not sure he has any intention of returning, he also does understand puns and common jokes and would find it kind of adorable that she doesn't. Nick doesn't know much about ballet but he does know that there are very famous Russian ballets...Nutcracker...Swan Lake...etc...and if Nova had a moment where she was nationalistic...Nick could be like "yep and what ballet did you do? The Nutcracker? Isn't that...Russian?."

Honestly...I would not be opposed to seeing where a romantic relationship goes...i'm such a romantic...I'd love to talk more about this with you on skype!

--------------------

Florentin Deschamps

Looks still cute but lips are sore

Tine Profile Plotter Tracker Ranking Extra Info Etc

Slytherin Intermediate
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Year
Neutral
Clash
Pureblood
Status
6'2
Height
Tine
She/Her
Pronouns
14-July 16

Jan 13 2018, 12:47 PM   LINK Quote
Why does your member title say "I'll bless my ho" oh my god. Blessed be the hos.

Anyway I told you I would hop in here but I feel very useless right now in who to throw at you BUT I WANT THIS CUTIE BECAUSE YOU GOT ME ALL HYPED. So. Let's try this.

First of all there is Florentin Deschamps who happens to be his dorm mate. Now the thing about Flo is that he literally is at war with 99 % of his dorm mates because either he was being a bitch or they were being mean to him or maybe he just does not like people....who knows, right. So, given ththat Nikolai is halfblood, Flo already dislikes him because the Deschamps are quite the elitists. Then again he is a bit at odds with his family right now because when December started, his dad dragged his secret second son home as Florentin is not a befitting heir in dad's eyes (which means: Flo is gay af and gets worse at disguising it). So depending on what we want this could go either down the enemy part or in some twisted kind of tolerance. Either way, I wanna try it?

Then I have another seventh year for you, which would be Dracon Yaxley. Now the Yaxleys are purebloods as well, but they are super open-minded and have muggle business and technology and whatnot. Anyway, he is the third child out of three and only boy, which means he has like zero responsibilities as the Yaxleys follow matriarchial traditions. Drake likes Quidditch, vampire romance novels (in secret) and sheep. Recently he smuggled a lamb from home and is now hiding poor Annabelle in his dorm. I think he would feel kinda protective when Nikolai is anxious? So that would be a more positive encounter.

I have a lot of characters more and somewhere under Erik's name there's my new plotter in here so -vague gestures- come @ me @Nikolai Volkov

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by the wonderful Kaly <3
user posted image
Gryffindor
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Gryffindor
Year
Undecided
Clash
Half-blood
Status
5'6"
Height
Mari
She + Her
Pronouns
13-August 17

Jan 13 2018, 02:44 PM   LINK Quote
Milena & Nick: That's fair because Milena doesn't talk about her sister or home situation! But I think it might be nice if at some point they ended up going in that direction. I'm thinking maybe something late post ball where they can't sleep? Idk what your plans are but it could easily be another night when they get together to catch up on things. Or maybe something after the holidays where Milena comes back to Hogwarts early because of family things so she's shook up and owls him? They can meet in the kitchens. :3

Farrah & Nick: I definitely think we should do this theft thing! I'll poke Jinx and Sammeh. In the meantime do you think you want to have him be robbed or be accused? Either way is fine with me. Lol. As for the casual thing, I meant that we could give the romance aspect a shot. Maybe an on and off again thing until we find out where it could lead. So there wouldn't be a "they are endgames" forced on either of us but more an exploration of what they're like together and apart.

Cass & Nick: This one can wait until we think more on it and it's no big if they don't have anything in common. Just through I would throw her into this pile. :3

@Nikolai Volkov

--------------------

Thoughts of you -- they have their home,
they swell in me like wounds

Petra Connor

Softness is not weakness.

Allie <3 Profile Plotter Tracker Ranking Extra Info Etc

Slytherin Beginner
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Year
neutral
Clash
engaged to Hadleigh
Status
5"5
Height
Allie <3
her/she/princess
Pronouns
20-August 12

Jan 14 2018, 05:17 PM   LINK Quote
soo i have two Slytherin girls.. Petra is the most likely to get along with him and have some sort of relationship with the boy. Her grandparents(well grandfather side is from Russia) soo she most likely have been to St. Petersburg. Petra is not fluent in Russian but I think she will know enough to get her by if ever lost in Russia. Her older sister, Adalie Connor, speaks fluent Russian but not likely to talk to him bc he is lesser blood ;-; even if he is hot

Maybe the Connors know or close to the Westphall? Robert Connor is the Undersecretary of the Minister of Magic soo Connors are known in the political and pureblood circles??

we can talk plot on discord or skype? ask on here or cbox if you want<333

@Nikolai Volkov

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
avatar and sig by greywaren. of CTTW Jingle <33(MADE BY BOLT)

Nikolai Volkov

Slytherin
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Year
Undecided
Clash
Halfblood
Status
6'0"
Height
Hailey
She/Her
Pronouns
12-January 18

Jan 14 2018, 05:28 PM   LINK Quote
@Petra Connor

Hey Allie! Petra and Nick definitely would have definitely known each other, yes...Nick might gush about St. Petersburg to her...he'd be excited to have someone who's been there. AND NICK WOULD BE WILLING TO TEACH HER RUSSIAN IF NEED BE smile.gif

I like this idea of the Connors knowing the Westphalls! Though the only living ones are John and Evelyn, Nick's great aunt and uncle. Annemarie's parents/Nick's grandparents died, and then Anne died...then John and Evelyn never had kids. So pretty much Nick is their heir...so even if he is a halfblood, he's inheriting a lot from his legal guardians.

My skype is morethanjustastoryy@gmail.com, I'd love to talk more!

--------------------

Isaac Jackson

don't threaten me with a good time

Benno Profile Plotter Tracker Ranking Extra Info Etc

Hufflepuff
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Hufflepuff
Year
Clash
Pureblood
Status
5'2
Height
Benno
He/him
Pronouns
8-January 18

Jan 14 2018, 11:11 PM   LINK Quote
@Nikolai Volkov

-rollerblades in and does a sick trick or two-[i] HEYA

I'm Ben and I would like to throw Isaac at Nikolai! Isaac is a very loving individual, but it's all hidden under a rebellious, snarky, flippant bravado. He's not rude, however, and is really easy going and nice to talk to- he's very good at empathizing and won't ever judge people for their past or upbringing, but he won't exactly tolerate assholes either. I think him and Nikolai would be interesting together because where Nikolai is a little more reserved and distant, Isaac is really warm and inviting, so it would likely be easy for them to meld together. Isaac tends to be a bit of a shitdisturber in the loveliest way, and he loves to go on adventures-- he was also an illegal broomstick racer, so he has an illegally modded tricked out broom with room for two c; <3

As far as relationships go, Isaac has a reputation. He is a little slutty. But I [i]do
want to endgame him with someone, because when he's in love, he's so in love that it's just adorable and gushy and cute. But I would wanna see how they work before guaranteeing anything like that! He really wants to commit he just ain't used to it!

Isaac also loves to learn if it catches his attention, so Nikolai could even teach him russian!

--------------------

Nikolai Volkov

Slytherin
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Year
Undecided
Clash
Halfblood
Status
6'0"
Height
Hailey
She/Her
Pronouns
12-January 18

Jan 16 2018, 07:45 PM   LINK Quote
@Isaac Jackson

Hey Ben!

Honestly, I feel like Nick would be a little unsure how to act around Isaac. Like that boy may be a little much for the poor child. Nick isn't very good around people even if he wants to be and just having someone so open and friendly he'd just be like: how the heck? So I could see them having this awkward little situation where maybe Isaac tries to talk to him and Nick is just like "oh god, help me."

But Nick definitely wouldn't hate Isaac! He'd just be a little overwhelmed by the openness, little unsure how to act and just all out awkward so might try to avoid having conversations with him.

That's my thought but we can talk more about it on skype if you want!

--------------------

Adelaide Wilmont

living in a state of dreaming

Abigail Profile Plotter Tracker Ranking Extra Info Etc

Hufflepuff
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Hufflepuff
Year
Clash
Halfblood
Status
5'5"
Height
Abigail
She/Her
Pronouns
30-June 17
Jan 16 2018, 08:27 PM   LINK Quote
heeello <33

my names abby and i'm gonna swing adelaide your way cause i think we could get a nice dynamic. like nick, adelaide has a small inner circle of people she genuinely cares for (mostly made up of people who can tolerate her). she chooses her friends carefully. she likes people who can keep her entertained and who are pretty darn loyal, cause she's big on that. she's not one to put in a lot of effort, but when she sets her mind to something, she'll do almost anything to get what she wants. if nick captures her interest (which his more calloused nature totally would), she'd really make a point of getting to know him. i wouldn't put it past her to drag him out to the courtyard just to poke at him for hours trying to get him to open up, relax, goof around, whatever. its up to you whether that annoys or amuses him. anywaay this is getting a little rambly so i'm gonna cut myself off here

but! i'd love to hit you up on skype if you wanna talk more??

Nikolai Volkov

Slytherin
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Year
Undecided
Clash
Halfblood
Status
6'0"
Height
Hailey
She/Her
Pronouns
12-January 18

Yesterday at 06:39 pm   LINK Quote
@Adelaide Wilmont

Hey Abby! Sorry, it took me so long to get to you, but I'm here now! <3

I don't know how entertained Nick could keep her (...sober that is...) but he's most certainly loyal! Honestly, I feel like her poking at him to elicit some reaction I feel would simultaneously annoy and amuse him. Like why is this happening to me... but also this is kinda sweet though. My skype is morethanjustastoryy@gmail.com and i'd love to talk to you more about it!

--------------------

Slytherin Prefect
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Year
TBD
Clash
Pureblood
Status
1.75 m / 5' 9"
Height
Kimmy
She / Her
Pronouns
12-July 17

Yesterday at 07:17 pm   LINK Quote
HI! Like I said I am finally getting around to posting in your plotter.

So I have three kids running about. I don't know who exactly to throw at you because Nick seems so awesome.

Firstly on offer I have Fina, someone who I'm sure you know. She's a mess. But they are in the same year and house so she would know him. I could see this going either way in terms of friends or enemies. For some reason my girl seems to be friends with almost everyone so I would assume these two would get along HOWEVER if you want some fun, then I'm sure we can go down a dislike route. Whatever it is they don't like each other about, I'm sure we can plot over Skype about it. But yeah she's my .. crazy child.

Secondly I have Cassius, who is also a seventh year and a Gryffindor. He's recently transferred to Hogwarts though (ie halfway through his seventh year). Cass is friendly but has a much darker history behind his public persona. He's the twin to Fina but this is not a commonly known fact until I work out the details. Just a note, both Fina and Cass are currently engaged but Fina is the only one out of the two who actually has flings on the side. Anyways, if anything Nick would probably get along the best with Cass I think.

Lastly I have my sixth year Hufflepuff Brianna Cortez. Now she's one I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to take so I am actually open to anything with her. I am not sure if I'll completely revamp her or just write her to see which way she takes me, but she's a little bit of an innocent one. She's super friendly and can be very loyal and vicious to those that hurt her friend.

So let me know if anything spikes your interest hmu on Skype and we can plot more!

--------------------
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts.

Want to join in on the fun? Sign up by registering your in character name in proper cases!