Height
Status
Year
7th
House
Slytherin
clash
Awards: None

There is a picture hidden at the bottom of trunk. A picture that has been visited before, countless of times, alone when no prying eyes were around to see a vulnerable girl trying not to feel abandon by an older cousin. The picture was taken just as the boy was making a silly face and the little girl was giggling at her older cousin's antics.

And it made her angry. It was such a happy memory. It look like they were happy. So why did he leave? Why did he leave Tris and her? The snake hated feeling these emotions. She hated knowing that he had abandon her even though she had loved him so much. He was her favorite, out of the whole family, and he just left.

And here she was standing outside his office, not sure what to do. Should she continue to ignore that he was her cousin or knock? Ignoring him felt like she was letting him off easily, but knocking meant that she was admitting that she was still hurt by him leaving.

The snake finally knocked, she had some manners, before opening the door to his office. Like her older brother, she felt her older cousin belong in his office. A simple office, that match the simple man who occupied the room. He felt familiar, like she use to know him a long time ago even though she didn't really have memories of him. The girl only had stories and what her parents told her about him. He was a stranger to her. The realization of this made her hurt deeper and her anger stronger.

"Hello," She greeted as she walked deeper into the room. Her eyes moved everywhere but never seem to stay on him. "Hardly any pictures." She commented, moving to the bookshelf. It was filled with books, mostly books on being an Auror and what not. "How did that worked out for you? Being an auror?" She knowingly asked, as she took out the book from the bookshelf. She knew about how he was kick out of Auror training. Though, that didn't stop her from throwing it in his face in order to hurt him. "Petra wants to do that. I should send her your way. You should meet her." She added, flipping through the pages before sitting down in one of his chairs. She knew what she was doing; adding more fire to the flame. The problem was that she wanted him to hurt.

@Jacian Turner

--------------------

sig and avatar accredited to the lovely lily <3 I love them <33

user posted image
PM
^
Jacian Turner
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 09:05 PM
"Can't we give ourselves one more chance?"
Nadya
She/Her
87 Posts
Rep: 3 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hogwarts Staff Beginner
Height
5'8"
Status
Pureblood
Year
Counselor
House
Gryffindor Alumni
clash
n/a
Awards: 18

Sundays were a blessing and a curse - as the saying went - it was a reprieve from the week's work, some much needed rest, but it also left him idle which left his mind to wander its own paths. Which were never pleasant scenic routes... The evenings lately he'd taken to stepping outside to get out of his office and breathe some fresh air, which had been helpful, then that had lead him to the meeting with Tristan and that had been rather a disaster. He'd spent most of this particular Sunday morning going through his notes and files, reading anything new that had been sent to him, and reorganizing his notes from some group therapy work he was doing with Carlo. His lunch had been three cups of black tea as he worked through the latter rewrites, but now he sat, lounging heavily in the leather upholstered armchair, staring at the ceiling while listening to a vinyl of Bowie that was occasionally punctuated by the random crackle of the woodstove. He wondered where his friends might be, off living their lives in the muggle world, completely oblivious to the fact that they had been friends with a wizard - even if he was a sorry excuse for one.

His old bicycle was behind him and he was quite tempted to ride over to Hogsmeade for the not quite promised, but certainly implied, return visit to Myra's bakery that she rarely failed to encourage, the occasional times they ran into each other when she visited Hogwarts to deliver baked goods. He just needed to get past the contemplation stage and move on to the motion part of his plans, but frankly he was struggling. The matter with Tristan just kept wearing on him as he had no idea how it could be fixed - if it were even possible - though thinking it was a lost cause didn't help his state of mind in the least. His eyes kept drifting to the journal, sitting on top of the old wooden box that more or less served the same purpose for him as the journal did for Tris...or had for Tristan.

It was with the start of the second verse of "Heroes" that Jace sent the tone arm zipping off the record with a flick of his wand and with a clipped breath of frustration he dropped his head into his hands. Scratching his short nails across his scalp, finally he straightened in the chair and took a deep breath to calm himself. That was decided then, nothing good could come of sitting in this room, he needed to get out for a while, he'd head to Hogsmeade - he could use something to eat and some light-hearted laughter.

He was about to stand, when there was a knock on his door that almost immediately preceded it opening. Instantly, he was alert and his fingers wrapped around the wand that he had discarded in the seat beside him. The very first thing he felt was a sharp bit of worry that something had happened to his brother - though that was ridiculous as no one actually knew they were brothers, at least by blood - the next beat had him wondering if it might be one of his students, with some crisis that just couldn't wait. It was neither of these things, however, as he watched a young woman stroll into his office like she belonged or was expected. With her first words - besides 'hello' - Jace found himself forcing neutrality to cover his scowl, though the more words that poured from the Slytherin's mouth, the harder it was to hold the mask in place. The former lion didn't even bother standing, he simply leaned forward where he sat, blue eyes piercing, and growled, "get out."

---
General Room Layout
Outfit
@Adalie Connor

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Adalie Connor
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 10:15 PM
"Advanced Member"
Allie the great <3
79 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Slytherin
Height
Status
Year
7th
House
Slytherin
clash

Adalie frown at the man who was telling her to leave. That wasn't very nice. In fact, it was rude. Did he not know who she was? Judging by his scowl, though most people ended up scowling after a while of talking to her, he had no idea that she was his little cousin. Of course, not. That was silly to think that Jacian would recognize her. He only knew her as a toddler. He didn't watch her grow up. He didn't go to any of the family's birthdays or holiday dinners. He didn't know her or who she had become.

And it hurt, more than she wanted it too. How can a stranger hurt her so badly. How can she let something hurt her. For so long, nothing fazed her and nothing really matter. Hogwarts was starting to effect her in the most horrible of ways. She had feelings and that was gross.

Adalie smiled ever so politely, "Adalie Connor." She introduced as she got up, from where she was sitting, to put back the book. She was quite bored with the book and plus, she didn't want to actually look at him. The slytherin had too many emotions swirling around. Adalie was afraid that she was letting them slip through the cracks. The seventh year didn't want him to see that he had hurt her. She didn't want to seem weak.

"I guess family means little to you." The snake quietly commented as she continue to look through his things. Flipping through his folders and notes; not actually reading them since she had no interest in knowing about other people problems. She finally got to a collection of-well she wasn't really sure. She picked up a square like sleeve that had a picture of man on it. Inside the sleeve was a round plate. "What is this?" She asked, curious to what the thing was and why there was a black plate in a sleeve. Her curiosity continue to intensify when she saw a machine that had the black plate on it. "Do you wash the plate on there?" Another question rolled from her tongue as she began to examine the machine.

@Jacian Turner

OUTFIT

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Jacian Turner
 Posted: Apr 6 2017, 06:58 AM
Nadya
She/Her
87 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hogwarts Staff Beginner
Height
5'8"
Status
Pureblood
Year
Counselor
House
Gryffindor Alumni
clash
n/a

"Addie?" his voice was breathy disbelief, speaking a nickname that hadn't rolled off his tongue since he was just a child and a young one at that. Why was there suddenly this influx of his past coming back to haunt him? The former lion dropped his gaze and shook his head slowly. But as he saw movement in his periphery, he looked up once more to watch the young woman analyze the contents of his shelves. It was fairly easy for him to note that she was avoiding eye contact, though he wasn't sure how much he should read from that. From his studies he'd learned enough to now see that a number of the blatantly cruel students from his Hogwarts years likely had reason for being little shites. Perhaps he wouldn't have bloodied his knuckles on them so many times had he known that when he was younger - but perhaps he still would have, even having issues that make you lash out, shouldn't have you bullying those weaker than yourself. He of all people had learned that no matter the reason for your actions you still had to deal with the consequences - that lesson seemed to be making itself quite clear to him as of late.

Her accusation made him grind his teeth and a furrowed brow broke through his neutral mask. As his intense blue glaze followed her toward his shelf of files, he finally stood. Those weren't personal items, they were his work and confidential to those they were about. Then there was a thought, had she been put up to this? Was this some new attempt to ruin his life from his bastard that helped bring him into this world. Thankfully, she didn't linger at that shelf or do any damage, as this clearly was all a show...but why? Was his notion correct or just paranoid? Was she there for someone else's game or was she here for her own? He paced around, behind the settee as she move toward the corner bookshelf, almost as if they were circling the room, then she stopped, eyeing his shelf of vinyls before removing one and making the connection between them and the turntable to the side.

As she asked her question, either as a momentary distraction on her part or part of this game to catch him off guard, he learned back against the edge of his desk, crossing his arms. "Those are vinyls, they have music recorded in the surface, and it plays on the turn table, which is that there," he nodded his head toward each item, respectively, his tone having evened though it was still clipped with tension. The he continued with the same intonation as if the statements weren't so vastly different in both topic and emotion,"family means plenty t' me, but as I was removed from mine that doesn't seem t' make any difference." The words were followed by an irritated sigh, the only show that this latter topic held a deep resentment, though neither his gaze nor expression wavered. "Why are ye even here, what dae ye want from me?"

---
@Adalie Connor

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Adalie Connor
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 08:39 PM
"Advanced Member"
Allie the great <3
79 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Slytherin
Height
Status
Year
7th
House
Slytherin
clash

Adalie stood completely still at the sound of her childhood nickname that was only used by a few people; she was guessing he used to be one of them. "Surprise you still remember it." She commented as she turned to face him. "Hmm," She responded to his little explanation of what she was holding in her hands. The blonde was excepting something more exciting than some disc playing music.

Hearing him ask if she wanted something from him and why she was there, the girl could only bitterly laugh in response to his mundane question. "What I'm curious about is that you knew who we are. You knew that one of us was bound to be at Hogwarts. And I'm pretty certain you were aware that Tris was attending school here. So don't play the victim in your little play. I doubt you are dumb." The girl comment as she sat back down, crossing her legs, meeting his gaze.

"Answering you question. I don't want anything from you. I'm here because, as I stated earlier, I'm curious about you." She honestly answered her cousin. She wanted to know how he turned out to be. And the looks of it, he was obviously fighting some inner demon. Adalie also noted that he did look tired and worn out. "And why your idiotic mother disowned you. Though she is crazy and I doubt there was any sane reason for her reasoning behind it. You should count yourself lucky. " She had always wonder what was the reasoning behind her crazy aunt's decision of disowning her first born child.

"Have you seen Tris yet?" She asked. Adalie hoped he did that at least. Tris was the man's little brother, and though she was not sentimental. She did like Tris more than most people and wanted what was best for him. "He grew up with us. He is basically my little brother." Adalie said off-handly. "Which was a good thing. Your mother is crazy." Adalie never really liked her aunt growing up and she didn't like it when Tris was at his house, alone.

@Jacian Turner

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Jacian Turner
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 08:06 AM
Nadya
She/Her
87 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hogwarts Staff Beginner
Height
5'8"
Status
Pureblood
Year
Counselor
House
Gryffindor Alumni
clash
n/a

"Ye got nae idea who I am." Jacian for once wasn't fidgeting, where he leaned at his desk, arms crossed, though his gaze was aimed away toward the wood-stove and his eyes were unfocused. So, he got it already, all his reasons for not reconnecting with the family he was banished from were apparently piss poor reasons, but he laid them out anyway. What else was he supposed to do? "I had no bloody reason te think any of ye would even know who I was. I've been tryin' te restart meh life for th' third time over; why would I think any good would come 'a lookin' any of ye up. 'Oh, ay, I'm yer estranged cousin or brother - better yet - th' barely got 'is shite together, jist thought ye'd like te know.' I'm sure parents on both sides would'a jist loved that." The former lion shook his head, the sarcasm of his voice quite dry, a hand running through his hair before returning to crossing the other arm. Nothing about how the girl was acting or speaking to him was anything new, he'd seen it enough before, other than she was in fact once the little toddler he'd adored when he was a kid. It felt like all that was some other life, though, at this point. Like the memories were from looking through someone else's photo album; it wasn't that he didn't care. When she said that Tris was like her little brother it actually warmed his heart a little to know that at least his brother had had someone. All the while this talk of his mother being crazy had him worried. What had his brother gone through?

"Ye, I saw Tris, an' it didnae go ta' well." The counselor sighed. "'m glad to hear he had someone." Jacian stood straight from where he leaned and turned picking up his cup that still had some remains of now cold black tea. Returning to his former stance he drank the slightly more bitter tasting tea before he spoke further. "Honestly, I didnae know a damn thin' 'bout meh mother. I donae think I was worth her time. Hearin' she's crazy, guess isn't much of a surprise, married te meh dad an' all." He held the cup between his hands slightly lower than where he'd had his arms crossed before. "I found out twice ov'r what happens when ye cross th'Trumans, straight fucked my life, might have been a shite excuse but I dinnae want te' 'cause trouble. I've nae idea wha' they'd do if they thought I was influencin' their son." The face of his nanny surfaced in his mind, surprisingly clear after two decades now since he last saw her - honey brown eyes, freckles, silver hair with a few remaining streaks of auburn, and laugh lines at the corners of her eyes - she'd been more of a mother than his own had been, until his father sent her away for 'corrupting his son'. He downed the rest of the tea and set it to the side on his desk without turning. The Scotsmen's voice had mostly sounded weary, like someone complaining about the Ministry or how their Quidditch team lost again. However, the mentions of his parents gained slightly more bite to the words, and his brows furrowed.

---
@Adalie Connor

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning Sunset To Sunrise Avalon a Panfandom RP Storybrooke