izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR

Add Reply
New Poll

A cookie a day keeps the sadness away, Cloe
Mah · 14 · 3D Year · · Unknown · 5'4
Hufflepuff
Awards:
Awards: None
Jul 23 2018, 06:47 PM   Link Quote
There was nothing quite like the smell of fresh-baked cookies to light up somebody’s mood. Tiger knew it better than anybody, having served so many indeed she almost saw people’s smiles before they could actually show it. Not that it mattered to her, no, no! Nothing got her so excited and happy with herself as the thought that somebody enjoyed her food, and could serve themselves with both good pieces to the stomach and the mind. If anything, the scent of ingredients that lingered on her body for too many hours was a reminder of just about how many people tasted whatever it was she tried to do; oftentimes, successfully.

She knew more than that, though - she knew not to rush things on the kitchen, instead repeating the process that seemed unnecessary because love was food and making sure it was done to perfection meant love in excess - excess of love was always good. She reminded herself not to act as if she had two arms, because if she did then the probability of dropping something was bigger, and there were not many things as hurtful as the sight of lost ingredients. Then again, nothing would ever beat the sight of a recently finished recipe.

Tiger thought about it while she walked through the hallways, skilfully dodging from older students as her only hand graciously held the tray with said cookies. She was small enough to go in between them and just as noticeable so they gave way to her; perhaps one of the funny things about not having an arm was people tried harder to make sure they weren’t, literally, on her path. The Hufflepuff girl didn’t mind one bit, smiling to those she encountered, strangers or not, while making sure nobody but the ones with the yellow badges stole the cookies; if it had been any other day, she would have made sure anybody who wanted a piece of it could get one, but not that day! That day was only for the Hufflepuff. Which is why she practically ran to their Common Room, eager to see the grins on their faces as they tasted what she made - because yes, she was that confident on her own cookies.

“Hello! Can you help me? I can’t access the dorm…” With a shy smile and cheeks slightly blushed, Tiger looked at the first person who appeared next to the entrance. Unfortunately, she couldn’t do the whole beating-on-the-way-with-Hufflepuff-rhythm with only one hand, when said hand was busy holding the tray. “Thank you!” She would have hugged the person if she could, and finally entered the dorm. Looking at them again, she whispered. “Please try one! Consider this a thank you. The second you can try like any other Hufflepuff.” And with that, she tried what should have been a loud cough, and probably was. “Hey, everyone! I just made these. There aren’t much but I’m sure we can make it work for everyone who wants one. I promise it tastes good.” Grinning again, she stared at the faces of people who, by the end of the next five minutes, would know of her cooking skills just fine.

----

Thanks for plotting with me <3 I think Selene can either be the person who helped Tiger thus got two cookies or somebody inside the common room! Whatever suit you really :3 (aushuashua imagine Tiger disturbing the people there… for food. greatly appreciated obvs)
@Selene Daphne Lee
Cloe · 16 · 6th year · · Halfblood · 5'1''
Hufflepuff Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 6

Jul 24 2018, 05:42 PM   Link Quote
She had always believed that one of the best things about being a Hufflepuff was having the common room near the Kitchens. Selene just loved coming back to her common room after a long day of classes, or researches in the Library, and smelling all the delicious things that were being cooked in the Kitchens by the Elves. She liked to try and guess what they were cooking just by the smell and then see if she was right at Dinner in the Great Hall. It might have been childish but it was a fun little game that she had done since her first year at Hogwarts and she had fun doing it.
Moreover, it was a perfect position for a midnight snack. You could easily sneak into the Kitchens and come back with your loot to the Common Room without anybody noticing and in approximately ten minutes.

That day she was walking back to her dorm after spending her free time at the Lake. It was one of her favourite places at Hogwarts, even though, to be honest, she loved everything about the castle. She used to go with a good book and read while sitting near the Lake, especially during the summer. Usually, she was by herself: Selene loved being with her friends and also making new friends, but there were some days when all she wanted was to be in the company of the book she was reading.
She found it peaceful and relaxing and it was also a way of spending some time outside for once. More often than not Selene felt the need of getting outside the castle, even if it was for just an hour, and get some fresh hair.

She was about to enter the Hufflepuff Common Room when she heard a sweet voice, asking for help. Only then she realized that she wasn't alone: there was a girl right next to her, a Hufflepuff as well, as Selene could see from the yellow symbol on her uniform, identical to the one she had on hers. The girl was about her height, but she was probably younger than her... she might have been a third or fourth year. She had red hair and freckles...Selene was pretty sure she had never talked to her, but she had probably seen the girl in the common room. She was holding a tray of cookies, which looked very good, and, therefore, couldn't enter the common room.
Selene wondered how long the girl had been waiting there with her cookies, waiting for someone to arrive and help her accessing the dorm. "Of course!" She smiled at the cookie-girl and then tapped on the correct barrels at the correct rhythm. It might seem easy, but it wasn't, she was now used to it, but Selene made more than one mistakes when trying to enter the common room during her first year.

They entered the Common Room together and the girl offered her not one, but two cookies. As a thank you for her help. Selene smiled while she grabbed her two cookies and while the red-haired was offering a cookie to all the other Hufflepuffs.
This girl just spent her free time baking for her fellow house-mates... it was something very sweet and kind. This was one of Selene's favourite things about Hufflepuffs: their kindness and those small, but meaningful, gestures.
"I'm Selene," she said after everybody stopped thanking the girl "I don't think we have met before."
She took a bite from the first cookie "wow these are so good! Did you bake them on your own" she asked with a friendly smile.

@Tigerlily Whipple
Mah · 14 · 3D Year · · Unknown · 5'4
Hufflepuff
Awards:
Awards: None
Jul 27 2018, 12:41 PM   Link Quote
Suddenly too many uniforms entered her vision, as lots of hands fought their way into the crowd to get a cookie. Tiger loved it, seeing how excited they were just for a bite of what she made, and it was enough for her to know her time had been well spent cooking. Pleasing others was something that brought an entirely new type of satisfaction for Tiger, that had nothing to do with doing something good to herself; instead, the thought of helping other people, of making their days better, it all turned her into a happier girl.

However, something else lifted her spirit, almost as much - whenever somebody offered her help instead, not the other way around. It happened quite often, considering the amount of attention she attracted now that the lack of a left arm was a clear vision, but it still had an effect on Tiger, especially when people were so generous and offered some kind of help that made all the difference - for example, letting her into the Hufflepuff dorm. It was hard enough to tap ‘Hufflepuff’ in the right rhythm having only one arm, let alone when she carried something. They were all so generous at the Common Room, always ready to offer a piece of advice, asking questions about how welcomed she felt and telling her just how she should be relaxed no matter how behind or advanced in her studies her tutor had left her. It all turned the experience at Hogwarts into a comfortable, warm one, and she did feel at home.

Which is why it felt even more pleasing when the older student let her in, hence why she took no time to offer another cookie. Her smile turned into a warmer, larger one at the words of Selene - not that Tiger knew her name - praising her for the food. At that point she stared at the girl, only carrying an empty tray as the cookies were all gone, so she left it aside before sitting on a couch, a small gesture with her head calling the older girl. The third year had to lose a moment just moving a strand of red hair, not that she minded much. “I did, I- I really enjoy cooking!” She grinned, not caring for almost missing a word; she always got a little nervous when people talked about her cooking, although it wasn’t really much or had many effects at all. Usually, it simply meant too much happiness for one little person.

“We haven’t met, but I’m happy we did now. Thank you for helping me, it’s difficult sometimes to enter the Common Room. Because I’m always walking around with a tray and…” She frowned, blushing slightly as she waved her right arm, pointing at the space the left one should be. If there were two, she could have held the tray with one hand and tapped using the other, but this wasn’t the case. “I’m Tiger! Tigerlily Whipple. More than happy to cook and offer cookies, I’m glad you like mine. What’s your name too?”

@Selene Daphne Lee
Cloe · 16 · 6th year · · Halfblood · 5'1''
Hufflepuff Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 6

Jul 29 2018, 06:24 PM   Link Quote
The Hufflepuff common room was probably where the girl felt most at home at Hogwarts. Selene could still remember clearly the evening when, after being sorted into Hufflepuff, she first walked into the common room which was going to be her home for the next seven years. She loved it from the very first second. Its round shape and the low ceiling made it incredibly unique, while the predominant yellow immediately gave her a sense of calm and happiness and a warm feeling she still had everytime she stepped foot in there. Selene looked around: every day she seemed to notice a new detail that she didn't spot the day before. She smiled looking at her favourite armchair, near the entrance and right under one of the circular windows, which certainly were one of the most amazing things about that place, so that she had always enough light to read. There was a beautiful plan with lilac flowers near it, actually, there were a lot of plants all around the common room, a lot of them hanged from the ceiling and Selene believed that it was one of the reasons why the common room had such a welcoming feeling.

Selene took another bite of the biscuit "that's great! I really like cooking too!" Selene liked to cook with her mother, she used to help her cook dinner when she was home for the holidays, she did it when she was little as well, but her mother didn't let her do much then because the girl didn't really know what she was doing. Sometimes she also liked cooking with her sister, they had a lot of fun together, but they messed up quite a few times, especially at the beginning. Once, when Selene was about ten, they decided to cook a cake to celebrate the fact that their grandparents were coming over. The only problem was that they used salt instead of sugar without realizing it, the two were incredibly disappointed when they realized their mistake and understood that nobody was really enjoying the cake they took so much time to bake.

Selene nodded at the words of the younger girl. She quickly looked at where her missing arm would have been when the girl pointed at it, then she looked away. She didn't want to embarrass her or make her feel like she needed to speak about it. Selene wondered if someone had made fun of her because of that, people could be so cruel sometimes. "Don't even worry about it, during my first year I had some problems entering the common room, it took me a long time to memorize the right sequence" she smiled, luckily there was always some kind Hufflepuff, usually older, ready to help her out.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Tiger! What year are you in?" She asked kindly. Tigerlily was a very odd name, Selene had never heard it before... odd in a good way, of course! Selene's own name was pretty uncommon and that was a good thing according to the brunette.
"I'm Selene Daphne Lee" she rarely introduced herself with her full name, but Tiger did it, so why not?
That girl reminded her of herself a lot, even though she didn't really know her yet, and she immediately felt close to her because of that and she decided she wanted to get to know her better.

@Tigerlily Whipple
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD