izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR

Add Reply
New Poll

we brought our drums & this is how we dance, Cleo Mcleod | Gryffindor | 5th Year
Airie · 16 · 5th · · Halfblood · 5'5
Gryffindor
Awards:
Awards: None
Jul 4 2018, 08:36 PM   Link Quote

16 years old Gryffindor 5th Year Halfblood
Meet Cleo. She was raised by her muggle father, and the two of them only figured out she had magical powers after her witch mum abandoned them. Her dad's pretty clueless and has let her get away with just about everything. Between her lack of boundaries, her guilt, and the shock of her true identity, Chloe can get a bit... moody.

At her best, she's everybody's friend. She loves to joke around, kick back with a drink, and get the latest gossip. Usually, her wit is snarky and a bit blunt. She's the kind of person you can count on to give genuine advice without worrying about hurting your feelings.

On a bad day, be prepared for extra snark or utter silence. Her coping mechanism is to find the fastest thing around and zoom. But if a broomstick or fast creature or some kind of vehicle isn't available, she's likely to lash out with some remarks that cut to the quick.

When it comes to friends, Cleo's pretty laid-back. She doesn't care about house, blood status, or any of those things. If you appreciate honesty, a sarcastic sense of humor, and a little bit of rebellious streak, you will most likely end up with Cleo in your corner.

I think of her as having two groups of friends. The first is a broader circle that knows her fairly well. They have class together, maybe have been to Hogsmeade or just hung out in the dining hall. They know she can sometimes be moody but mostly navigate around it. They see more of her rebellious but fun side.

The second group is a smaller circle of close friends that she's more vulnerable with. She's more likely to talk to them about her past or vent to them when she's feeling low. She doesn't want to chase them away when she's upset because she trusts them. This is her "ride or die" gang. I imagine these people who bond over similar "ghosts" in their past, or perhaps they reach out to her because they're sensitive and good listeners.

I'm open to ideas on all ends.

I love romance plots! Cleo is straight and currently single. I am open to just about anything for her. Some ideas I've floated around:

- a hook-up when she's feeling particularly upset that she immensely regrets later
- a one-sided crush (on her end or his)
- heartbreak: an ill-fated relationship, brief or longterm
- an actual healthy relationship (whaaa???)

Note that for long-term romances, I do prefer the "slow burn": friendship that turns to flirting that slowly turns into something more. But again, I'm open to at least considering all ideas. Have I mentioned I love romance??

People that Cleo might hate? Those who are overly optimistic, too much of a goody-two-shoes, or those who are sensitive to her sometimes harsh tongue.

People that might hate Cleo? I'm sure there's plenty. Again, she's a blast to be around most of the time, but it comes at a price. I'm sure in her moments of angst she's said some pretty rude things to people. Her rebellious attitude or pessimistic nature could easily rub people the wrong way.

Mah · 18 · 7TH · · HALF-BLOOD · 6'1
Ravenclaw Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 17

Jul 4 2018, 08:56 PM   Link Quote

Hey, Airie!! I was about to send you a PM but I'm so happy you've posted this, works even better :3 Welcome to Wurr! *here's a person who can't say much more because she's been in this rp for less than a week lmao Anyways, I'm Mah (short for Maria)! (Also Brazilian, 17, Hufflepuff, love hugs, etc)

Mason here is my only character so far and he's a Ravenclaw who has just arrived at Hogwarts. He used to study at Durmstrang but after an accident he found out his half-brother is still alive and studying at HO, hence the decision to change schools.

Anyways, what you should know about him personality-wise: He's stoical. He's reserved. He doesn't tell people much about himself because he can't see any good reason to (sounds like a waste of time and effort). His mother went as far as beating him up due to disappointment because he wasn't at all good to magic - his parents only believed he was in fact a wizard after receiving the letter from school. He's also a strategist and loves to learn! Very practical in his approach to everything. At the end of the day, his heart is in a good place - joined by some talent with cooking and love for swimming.

I'm not sure how exactly our characters could meet as they're from different houses and years (and Mason doesn't help at all -.-'). Could be something broom-related as he's terribly afraid of flying. Maybe she's heard some gossips about JR (Mason's half-brother, who is the Head-Boy) being related to somebody at school and decided to do some digging? He could have even caught her in a moment when she was by herself and needed to lash out... we could see how this goes.

I never know how to end these messages lmao soooo welcome again and I hope we can chat too!! (my Skype is mariaferodigue78 if you have it :3)
Gryffindor
Awards:
Jul 5 2018, 10:52 AM   Link Quote
Hi Mah! Great to officially meet you xD

Oooh, I think it would be fun to throw these two together and see what happens! Cleo's curiosity would definitely be piqued by the fact that he's JR's half-brother and a latecomer to Hogwarts. She'd have to get the scoop on that. I wonder if we could do a thread where she starts off by falling off her broom and Mason is either in the way (hit by a falling broomstick??) or he sees her crash and feels obligated to help. Whatever seems more up his alley.

In the long run, I'm dying to see Cleo's reaction if he ever reveals his past to her. Part of her is using her mom leaving as an excuse to be a spoiled brat and I feel like she might realize that when she sees she's not the only one dealing with skeletons in her closet.
Mah · 18 · 7TH · · HALF-BLOOD · 6'1
Ravenclaw Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 17

Jul 5 2018, 01:04 PM   Link Quote
I think it would certainly be fun if Mason ended up in the way as she's falling off her broom! Maybe not get him into another accident so soon (lmao) but he could be very close and even try to stop her fall with a spell! This could go wrong... or not minimize the damages so much... would be fun xD What do you think?

Ooooh same here now! I really like what you have for her, seems to me if Mason ever understood why she acts the way she does he might even see her as a really spoiled, but in a way he understands that it sucks to have a mother who isn't present? and since his was still there even though she paid no attention to him, but Cleo's left... at the end of the day he might not even be too harsh. Idk. Still getting to know this character but I'd love to see how it'd go as well!

If we go with the first idea maybe you could write the starter for us? :3 it's okay if you prefer that I do or follow through another idea! I'm very excited now to see how this will go
Gryffindor
Awards:
Jul 6 2018, 07:28 AM   Link Quote
I'm a bit busy today, but when I have the chance I'll start a thread for them and PM you when it's up! ^^
Sunny · 15 · 5th · N/A · Halfblood · 5'8"
Hufflepuff
Awards:
Awards: 1

Aug 8 2018, 10:56 AM   Link Quote
Hey Airie! I'm Sunny and I think I might have some shenanigans to throw your way.

The primary shenanigan is named Matthew Spigot, and I think he and Cleo could have some fun together. They're in the same year, are both halfbloods who grew up experiencing more of their muggle roots than their magical roots, they both maybe have some abandonment angst tying them down, and they both like to have a good time. At the very least, I think they could be good friends, or I could even see them taking a romantic interest in each other. However, as far as romance is concerned, I would like to talk to you in more detail about it because I have another plot lined up and (spoiler) things aren't going to work out. Let me know if you're interested!

My other character is Ronan Ivers. He's pretty nerdy and awkward, so I don't think he and Cleo would run into each other much. But if you want to plot with him, I'd be happy to throw him your way! They could always accidentally get locked in a supply closet or something.

If you're interested in plotting more, let me know and I'll send you my contact info so we can keep chatting. I hope to write with you soon!

@Cleopatra Mcleod
Morgan · 17 · Seventh · Neutral · PUREBLOOD · 5'6"
Slytherin Intermediate
Awards:
Aug 10 2018, 11:47 AM   Link Quote
    hiiii love! I'm Morgan and I have Bailey here! She has a deep need for close friends. She is more of the listening type when it comes to issues, but will give her close friends much needed advice. She quite likes reading, Charms, and her pet snake Cila. She speaks the language of the snakes! But in her redevelopment (since I have been gone and she was created over 10 years ago), she needs to be brought out of her comfort zone. Having close friends would help. Especially when it comes to "ride or die" standards. Lemme know what you think!

--------------------
YOU AINT BEEN PRAYING,
but i know you've been down on your knees
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD