Staff
House points
Gryffindor
1347
Hufflepuff
830
Ravenclaw
1106
Slytherin
1449
Head Students
Prefects
of the months

 
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll

 Healing Spring Class, Ferula
Chai Beauvelle
 Posted: May 8 2017, 02:56 AM
Quote
""Lady luck is smilin'." - Twisted Fate"
Akkey
Offline
They/Them
47 Posts
Rep: 2 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hogwarts Staff
Age
24
Height
5'4"
Status
Single
Year
Healer
House
Ravenclaw Alumna
clash
Awards: 3



Scritch. Scratch.

An enchanted quill wrote as Chai Beauvelle’s wand traced over lines from a book on her desk. She was writing all the important parts of the books and compiling them onto one journal. There were three books open at a time. One that was muggle and two that were magic but all three were first aid and nothing too advanced. The muggle one was open on how to clean an open wound and how to bandage it while the other two that were magic was on how to do the same but with spells and the other with potions.

Tap.

The quill pressed on the parchment with a period. It was time for classes to which Chai’s feather quill responded with floating at ease at the corner of the parchment just atop the open ink bottle.

Her classroom wasn’t the typical classrooms that had writing desks or cauldrons. That day was set up almost like a auditorium from a hospital. There were low set bleachers and a workspace desk in front much like a divinations or charms class and in the middle was a table with a dummy arm on it. The new Healing professor was confident in her steps towards the center where everyone can see. Even when the woman had little experience on teaching she was still unfazed and had an air of charisma.

While the students came in one by one Chai had an easy smile on her face. Teaching these kids to be prepared for anything was a job that the witch wanted to do, she didn’t know why people would think it was a downgrade from her usual glamorous celebrity career. This was fulfilling and fun.

Once the room had been occupied by students the professor pointedd her wand towards her neck and proceeded with a sonorus.

“Welcome to Healing Classes! I am so pleased to see you all today, I am Chai Beauvelle and I will be your Professor starting this spring.”

Looking around, Chai felt her heart beat slightly fast. Her first class. Wow.

“Well then, Introduction to this class.” She started off with the rules that were posted beforehand, she wrote with her wand and white smoke puffs formed the letters.
  • Do not wear jewelry during healing class, they might get in the way.
  • Wear something you’re comfortable in. We don’t have a dress code but please wear something decent and non-constricting.
  • Be prepared to get hurt, there will be times when the practicals are dangerous. You may opt out of them if you wish before or during the class.
  • Listen carefully. Be attentive. Healing is not a joke nor easy. Every step you take may lead to a full healing or more damage to whom you’re practicing it.
  • When you are unsure of what to do, do not panic and raise your hand. The professor and one or two of the assistants will aid you.

“Our assistants for this spring term will be Mr. Leander and Ms. Sei. Now that we’re refreshed with those simple rules let’s begin. Please look down at each of your desks. There should be a dummy am for you to practice on.”

Chai’s own workspace in the middle had three dummy arms.

“We will start with the most basic first aid spell. Ferula. Now, for those who have not heard of the spell it is quite simply a bandage spell or splinting spell depending on the case you need it for. You can use this spell on minor cuts and sprains. Very useful if you can cast it properly. Almost every healing spell needs precision and calmness. Your emotions can also affect the spell. It’s best to have a clear head and sound mind when attempting a healing.”

She then cast ferula onto the first dummy arm. “Ferula.” To which bandages were conjured to make a snuggly bandaged arm. “This is what a nicely bandaged arm looks like.”

After that she moved onto the next. “Ferula.” This time the bandage were too loose and looked as though the strips of gauze would slip off if the arm were not rested on the table. “Now this is when you are too afraid or distracted. This will not be able to cover or secure a wound or sprain.”

“And lastly, Ferula.” She tapped at the last arm and it conjured very tight gauze bandages that visually grabbed at the last arm showing a visible denting onto the dummy arm accompanied by slight sound of strains onto it. “This is when you are too eager or too focused on the target. It will be too tight and will stop blood flow which will rather be painful after a while.”

“In order to cast Ferula. As charms would instruct, pronunciation is key. The pronunciation is 'fer-ROOL-lah’ and the wand movement is a simple tap.”

“Your goal for this lesson is to at least get one perfect spell cast on your dummy, after that you’ll do the same with your non-wand arm. Once you successfully cast the spells you are free to do anything you’d like with your free time but I do suggest you practice on your own because those practice dummies are now yours to use, and do homework that will be about our next class.”

~~~
GOALS:
Cast the spell at least once perfectly on your dummy
After the above is achieved, do the same with your non-wand arm

Roll
CODE
[roll]1d12[/roll]


Roll guide:
1-4 : Your bandages are too loose. Remove the bandages and try again.
5-8: Perfect! Well done, you’ve done a wonderful job at casting Ferula!
9-12 : Oh my. I hope it isn’t too tight. If you cast it on your dummy you’ll have a bit of a problem removing the bandages or if you cast it on yourself you may feel a sting as the tightness may block your arm’s blood flow it’s best to remove the bandages quick before you feel pins and needles.

~~~
@Imogen Reeve, @Felton Quigley, @Lien Hong, @Kala Faraji, @Rode Connors, @Sigurd Nilsson, @Kiljan Leander, @Nalia Steinberg, @Timothy Wilde

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

RAVENCLAW ALUMNA
{ HOGWARTS }

Workshop - Tracker - Classes

user posted image
Babylon made by the wonderful Bolt~
PM
^
Nalia Steinberg
 Posted: May 8 2017, 04:12 AM
Quote
"[HIATUS] You go ahead, let your hair down"
Tyler
Offline
He, Him, They
48 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Beginner
Age
13
Height
5'4
Status
Pure-blood?
Year
Third
House
Ravenclaw
clash
Awards: 6



"Ferula... Ferula... Ferula..." her voice mumbled quietly as she looked at the dummy arm right before her.

Nalia went into the class with vast knowledge concerning the task that was at hand. Theoretically, she knew it quite well in her head. When she saw the gauze conjure from the professor's wand, it made her let out a sigh. 'So it does a simple bandage method by producing a gauze that wraps around it comfortably. Not too distracted. Not too focused. Just right.'

This wasn't only the first time the professor was teaching the class--it was also Nalia's first time to ever enter a Healing class or even think of Healing magic. The dummy arms were situated in a way that would have a set of students on one side of the table whilst another one was situated to the other side, facing them. The eagle was curious as to how the arms were made due to them looking quite realistic and having human-like qualities, distinctive to that of an arm made of plastic and rubber materials.

She looked around the vicinity and the members of the classes. She seemed to be the youngest one in there. She looked to her sides before letting out a sigh. Nalia had herself signed up because of her friend's doing--but of course, she wasn't forced to. It had been the eagle's awaited dream to be able to help people, and she thought that Healing would do it. But there were too many things on her mind. The young girl couldn't help it. Thoughts were constantly in her head and a time to think about many things while other thoughts come to you was like trying to take a picture of a scenery when boarding a bullet train. She'd hope she would see her, wanting to wave and indicate that she was currently in attendance.

Beside her was an older student, who was minding his own business. The young Ravenclaw's observant inquisitiveness revved up and she was quietly looking at the young man. They say that every part of the body is part of a man, but the eagle was keenly interested in the older student's face. There was something about the way he was looking at the arms and the way his smile formed that made the young Ravenclaw smile in return too. A stifled giggle was heard before she quickly looked away with a slight blush on her cheek. What was she doing? She shook her head, and looked at him one last time before letting out one last chuckle. Nalia already inferred in her mind that the boy was kind, but she couldn't bring herself to say that. She could only sheepishly and hopefully not in a stalkerish way, observe him.

She took a deep breath, concentrating on the spell she was about to do. Not too loose. Not too serious. She practiced a few more times pronouncing the words and she grabbed her wand and pointed to the dummy arm. With a gentle tap, she spoke in a quiet voice, "Ferula."




@Drew Silvers

- - - - - - - - -
Nalia seems to be understanding quickly as well (in theory and in practice) the art of flirting (not discreetly though):

Dice Roll: 1d12: 1 = 1

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫


--- Tracker ---
PMEmail
^
Kala Faraji
 Posted: May 8 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote
"Grace is wild, it is not tame. Grace messes up your hair"
Mari
Offline
She+Her
183 Posts
Rep: 5 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Gryffindor
Age
Sixteen
Height
5'6
Status
Pureblood
Year
Sixth
House
Gryffindor
clash
Awards: 13



Kala stared at the dummy arm before her and then glanced around to see how the others were fairing. Her eyes settled on a dark haired girl whose bandaging was a little less than stellar, and eventually she seemed distracted by a boy. Kala's eyebrows rose but her gaze eventually moved away from her and back to browsing the rest of the classroom. What had driven her to take healing classes was beyond her but if she was going to be looking forward to the future as an Auror then she needed to know how to heal when out in the field.

Slowly the Griffyndor picked up her wand, she still wasn't one hundred percent accustomed to the whole wand as a magical vessel or the movements, preferring to use her fingers and feel the magic flow and blossom from their fingertips over this strange conductor which she felt no real connection too.

Shifting in her seat Kala let out a breath through her lips and relaxed her body, she looked at the dummy arm again and pictured the way she wanted to go about it before uttering out a confident "Ferula". The wand tapped against her dummy's arm and bandages appeared and snapped into place over where she had visualized this, she looked at the wrappings of her dummy's "wound" and then towards the three dummy arms on her teacher's desk, comparing their appearance before smiling to herself.

Having successfully bandaged her dummy's arm, Kala pondered waiting for a few more minutes before moving onto her arm. She looked at the limb, eyes narrowed as she wondered whether she could duplicate her first action again. The giggle filtered through her ears and she looked up again, eyes drifting lazily towards the Ravenclaw girl and then the boy she kept stealing glances at. While Kala didn't take studying too seriously, she couldn't help but roll her eyes; it wasn't anyone's fault really she just didn't see the point in giggling if she wasn't going to talk to him, or make eye contact. To be fair, the boy was fairly cute in a lost puppy kind of way; but definitely not Kala's type.

Turning back to her own arm, she pointed the tip of her wand towards it, feeling a little awkward in how she was holding it. "Guess I'd better do this quickly so I can have a free period of sorts." if she could finish right away, she might be able to get lots of homework done and not have to bother for a while.

-----
Kala manages to perform the healing perfectly on her first try and idly wonders if @Nalia Steinberg is just going to ogle @Drew Silvers the entirety of the class or actually talk to him.
<span style="border:red solid 3px;" class="dice-roll"> Dice Roll: 1d12: 7 = 7</span>

--------------------
user posted image
Avatars by Kaly & Lyx. Signature by the lovely Lyx
user posted image 08/22/17
PM
^
Drew Silvers
 Posted: May 8 2017, 03:05 PM
Quote
" to me you are the kite string and the anchor rope"
Puzzles
Offline
She/Her
46 Posts
Rep: 1 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Age
17
Height
6'0"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
undecided
Awards: 4



Head down, hands shoved in pockets and a hint of smile teasing at his lips, Drew walked casually into class, trying to avoid unwanted attention as he picked a spot nearer the back of the auditorium. His dusty blue eyes fixed on front of the room for a moment as the professor began speaking about today’s exercise. Pulling his arms free from his backpack as he listened, he set the bag on the ground and produced an empty black and white speckled notebook and a dark blue pen. Then, cracking it open, he began jotting down notes pertaining to the woman’s lecture.

“FUR-rol-a… Fer-rool-AH… Fer-RUL-uh…” the badger muttered the spell over and over again, tapping his pen against the pages he had been writing on. Even to his untrained ears, the pronunciation didn’t seem right at all. “For-ROOL-uh… Fer-ROOL-lah… Ferula!” Upon getting it, he exclaimed it a bit louder than intended. One of his long-fingered hands flew to his mouth, coving it as if trying to keep more sound from coming out unwanted. Nobody seemed to notice, in fact, most of the other students seemed to be fairly absorbed in their own attempts to magically bandage the arm. Except, it seemed, for one girl.

If he was honest, and he usually was, the girl was quite cute, Drew had a thing for girls with gently curling brown hair and deep coffee eyes. When he glanced at her, his eyes caught hers for a brief moment and him small smile turned a lopsided grin. His cheeks burned with a blush that made a point to quickly take over his face. Raising his hand, he gave the girl a short, friendly wave before looking back down at his notebook, hoping she might not notice the bright red that had taken over his face. Not that it really mattered what she thought of him. It was highly doubtful that he would ever work up the courage to speak to her. She was way too pretty. Definitely out of his league.

Refocusing on the fake arm in front of him, Drew pulled his wand from his backpack carefully. It was high time he did what he came here for, learn how to do magic. Healing was one of the subjects he found the least intimidating. Or, it was until Professor Chai had asked for their pain tolerance during signups. Still, they were just bandaging an arm. How bad could that be? Well, he was about to find out. In a soft voice, Drew incanted the spell and tapped his wand against the dummy limb, crossing the fingers on his other hand as he hopped the spell worked. Just as the tip of his want touched the rubber flesh, his eyes darted back to the younger girl and he smiled again, his blush returning to his face with a vengeance. Quickly, he turned away again. He really need to focus or he would never get this.
---

Drew thinks @Nalia Steinberg is super cute but totally out of his league. Hopefully he wasn't too distracted and managed to do this healing thing alright. On a more serious note, he's also a little scared as to why @Chai Beauvelle needed their pain tolerance.

Dice Roll: 1d12: 4 = 4

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Nalia Steinberg
 Posted: May 8 2017, 10:48 PM
Quote
"[HIATUS] You go ahead, let your hair down"
Tyler
Offline
He, Him, They
48 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Beginner
Age
13
Height
5'4
Status
Pure-blood?
Year
Third
House
Ravenclaw
clash
Awards: 6



True to the Ravenclaw's reputation, the wand produced quality bandage almost like a consolation to the work of bandaging to the fake (but still oddly realistic) hand dummy before her. The gauze was a kerfuffle at the dummy hand and Nalia sighed. This was going to be a LONG class. From her peripheral view, she could see the young man look back at her and shot a rather shy wave to which the young eagle thought was adorable, producing another shy blush one much like the boy on the other side of the table next to her.

The exclamation of discovery. The lopsided grin. The wave. Things about the boy and his eyes with a cool shade of blue. There was a seemingly a calm feel to it and when Nalia's eyes lingered a little longer, and it was as if the earth and sky met for the first time. Noticing that it must've been rude, her blush intensified, taking her gaze away from him. She combed her hair back, tucking it behind her ears as she looked up at him and then down at her gauze her wand produced. Something urged her to respond back to his wave but her fears were overtaking her. Who would take interest in a third year Ravenclaw who had the reputation of producing horrible spells in class? Another set of eyes seemed to observe her and Nalia realized that it was another girl who seemed interested in what she was doing but averted her attention quickly. She shrugged it off in her mind but almost kept a note to herself to be a little more self-aware.

Returning her thoughts to the male before her, the nagging of responding to him again was apparent and raging. It seemed odd because she could compare what she was feeling when she would walk into the odd encounters she countlessly had compared to her situation at hand. The difference was that it seemed like the attention and the embarrassment was coming from what she wasn't doing, not what she had done. The thumping intensified like gallop of a horse when in pursuit of another and the young eagle thought for a moment that someone might hear her chest thumping out a beat. With all the courage she had not discovered was within her, she waved back at him with a smile and then quickly looking back to the dummy hand she was about to bandage magically.

Again, there it was. The tapping at her chest because of her thoughts of the man before her. The young eagle looked down at her gauze and got rid of them, letting out a sigh. "Looks like it's going to take a while for me to get this." Nalia looked up and saw the badger's attempt also failing, producing a loose bandage, letting out a giggle from her covered mouth, hoping that the Hufflepuff understood that she was laughing with him and not at him. For a brief moment, her smile was apparent which made her self-conscious, again her blush returning and now somewhat getting more comfortable around him.

She cleared her throat and then looked at the hand with a bit more determination spoke the incantation a little clearer and firmer, "Ferula."


Dice Roll: 1d12: 5 = 5

- - - - - - - - - - -
Nalia thinks @Drew Silvers is very adorable and felt the eyes from @Kala Faraji but shrugged it off, keeping in mind that she was being watched but her whole attention is still on him. She hopes that Drew sees that she's giggling because he's adorable. She tries the spell with more concentration and focuses on the spell with a slight hint of the Hufflepuff boy on her mind.
- - - - - - - - - - -

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫


--- Tracker ---
PMEmail
^
Drew Silvers
 Posted: May 11 2017, 04:08 PM
Quote
" to me you are the kite string and the anchor rope"
Puzzles
Offline
She/Her
46 Posts
Rep: 1 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Age
17
Height
6'0"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
undecided
Awards: 4



Focus, you big lump! Drew berated himself upon seeing the bandages hang limply from the dummy arm in front of him. With a sigh, he made quick work of undoing the failed mess he had just made. And yet, he couldn’t focus. The cute girl next to her had let out an even cuter giggle that had caused the fading blush to return to his cheeks with a vengeance. How could he be so dumb? She probably thought he was a poor excuse for a wizard, screwing up such a simple spell the way he just did. Honestly, who did he think he was?

And yet, the badger couldn’t help but steal another glance at the dark hair beauty in his class. For a moment, he could have sworn her warm, chocolaty eyes met his cooler blue ones. It must have been his imagination, of course. She was basically a princess, perfect hair, a beautiful smile, an impressive magical talent. Drew opened his mouth to say something to her, then quickly changed his mind. Bad idea, bud. He chastised himself for the second time during the class period. He knew he was right though, how could he not be. Still, he could treasure the fantasy of having the prettiest girl in his healing class looking at him.

Honestly, would this blush ever go away? At this rate, it seemed like the whole class must have been against him and his red cheeks. As he went to steal one last glance at the girl, his eyes were drawn to another girl who had been looking at the both of them. Well, crap. He’d been caught. At least it hadn’t been by the girl he’d been eyeballing the entire period. Now that would have been worse. He looked back at his arm and made it seem like he was busy with his work. Totally not suspicious at all. Who was he kidding?

In all seriousness, it was high time he got his work done. Drew lifted his wand again. “Ferula.” He uttered, practicing the spell one before casting it for the second time. He had it get this right if he was to going to impress anyone. “Ferula,” he said again, deciding it would be best to sneak in one last practice before testing it out once more. Then, with a smooth motion, he tapped his magical tool against the faux arm and uttered the spell he had just practiced saying just a moment ago. He then closed his eyes tightly and crossed his fingers. Maybe, just maybe, he would do something right for once.
-----

Drew thinks @Nalia Steinberg is basically perfect. If only this dumb dumb would just get up the nerve to talk to her. But he thinks she's way too good for him. Oh and talk about all that blush! He caught @Kala Faraji looking at the two of them as well and is thoroughly embarrassed right now. Hopefully he can redeem himself and get his spell right.

Dice Roll: 1d12: 5 = 5

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Kala Faraji
 Posted: May 12 2017, 12:11 AM
Quote
"Grace is wild, it is not tame. Grace messes up your hair"
Mari
Offline
She+Her
183 Posts
Rep: 5 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Gryffindor
Age
Sixteen
Height
5'6
Status
Pureblood
Year
Sixth
House
Gryffindor
clash
Awards: 13



Merlin have mercy on me and strike me down now. If there was more of this back and forth giggling and blushing, and giggling and coy looks Kala was going to strangle somebody. She actually wanted to grab the fake arm and give it a good shake of aggravation, maybe slap herself with it hard enough they would send her to the infirmary where she could take a nap. Anything to get away from the damn shy children in the classroom. Where do they think we are, muggle high school? Kala resisted the urge to just strangle herself with her hair and swirled the springy curls around the tip of her wand, one hand cupping her chin, fingers strumming against her cheek.

Her eyes drifted lazily between all of the students, her ears perked for more giggling nonsense despite not wanting to hear it, it was too late, she was attuned and settled in for misery for the rest of the period. Someone tightened their bandages around their dummy arm and Kala's head cocked to the side, her eyes growing a little bit wider and her smile creeping very slowly. That's it... She looked over at the dark haired girl and then her eyes swept lazily, not giving herself away; back towards the boy whose mouth opened and closed like a guppy. She thought he might have said something, but then he closed his mouth and her hopes were dashed when he became engrossed in Ferula-ing his damn dummy arm.

Slowly, lazily so as not to startle anyone or draw attention to herself, Kala uncoiled the curl from her wand and sat back with a sigh, she brought her wand towards her non-wand arm, its tip pointed in its general direction... sneaked a look at their lovely professor and then muttered "Bombarda", flicking her wand in the direction of the boy's dummy arm. The spell connected, light arcing through the air at lightning speed and not more than two seconds later, his arm exploded.

A part of her might have felt bad but everything would be fine, including all karmic and cosmic justice since she'd prayed to the many gods that he wouldn't lose an arm or become amputated or blind... the arm hadn't blasted apart like shrapnel right? Maybe a few pieces might have burst off and shot through the air in all direction, it certainly seemed that way as students shrieked and ducked. Fortunately Kala had timed the flick of her wand just as the boy had flicked his, so anyone watching would have only seen her trying to bandage her arm while he tried to bandage the dummy arm.

To make it more authentic, she kind of ducked too. Delayed of course, no use in giving herself away.

---
Kala gets the bright idea to blow up @Drew Silvers dummy arm in the hopes that @Nalia Steinberg will provide magical healing. 10/10 would do again if it gets them to talk and hang and stuff.

--------------------
user posted image
Avatars by Kaly & Lyx. Signature by the lovely Lyx
user posted image 08/22/17
PM
^
Nalia Steinberg
 Posted: May 12 2017, 10:22 PM
Quote
"[HIATUS] You go ahead, let your hair down"
Tyler
Offline
He, Him, They
48 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Beginner
Age
13
Height
5'4
Status
Pure-blood?
Year
Third
House
Ravenclaw
clash
Awards: 6



The sounds of students attempting at the spell filled the room were muffled, focusing herself on the spell. When the eagle heard herself speak the spell and it was as if her thoughts took her back to the confines of her former memories.

She was doing the Levitation Charm for her first year and the professor told them to swish and flick to which she did. Everyone else's feathers, books, watches or whatever they wanted to levitate, were sure enough (after a swish and flick) floating in the air. Sadly, even until the end of the class, she wasn't able to do it. Liljan was comforting and reminding her to not get too hung up on it, but the Ravenclaw wanted to make sure she could do the charm by the next day, and so Nalia went off practicing the charm.

Time and time again the eagle tried in an empty classroom, yet her wand failed her. She had lost count; Nalia was sure it was about more than 60 tries. Just when she was about to give up, the Ravenclaw felt her wand almost shake in her hands. There seemed to be a slight humming sound coming from the vibration as if to indicate that her wand was well and truly much alive. Taking it as an indication to try again, Nalia swished and flicked the wand to her desired object to enchant with the charm. Sure enough, her spell worked as the bag levitated and was in mid-air. But her spell didn't end there.

The eagle knew (and paid attention in class and in her books) that proficiency and mastery of the spell allow the user to not only be able to call the item up and down but to also move the floating item directionally. The bag stood still from where her wand was and she tried directing it and in complete unison with the wand moved to her desired spot. She experimented on her control a little more and was able to use it to place her bag in a spot no one would be able to reach without using magic and she was able to retrieve it again, using the same charm. With a smile plastered on her face that whole night, the eagle with a little more pride in herself returned to her common room. Nalia retired for that day smiling at her wand that was on her bedside table.

Her thoughts broke off when everything right before her eyes transpired quickly. First, Nalia's attempt at the spell seemed to be successful, with the first bits of gauze coming out the tip of her wand. Then a blast came from the cute badger's direction and saw his dummy hand blasted into bits. This startled the Ravenclaw herself and her aim went off that made the bandaging spell, instead of hitting her fake dummy hand before her, redirect to her actual arm, to which the gauze started to wrap around it. A feeling of surprise and nervousness came upon her--the spell definitely worked the way the Professor had explained it to them and she could feel it wrapping around her arm not too loosely and not too tightly. The way the gauze twisted, turned and brushed against her skin felt like it was as if someone was tending to her hand. 'So this is what it feels like to do a Healing spell...'

The young Ravenclaw's attention quickly turned to the Hufflepuff boy next to him. He seemed unharmed and like someone copying her every move, the boy also was in the same dilemma. The blast had made him jump up and his own magical gauze wrapped around his hand that had been crossing its fingers for the hope that the spell would work. He relaxed them as his arms were being bandaged by the spell. Nalia was so invested in what was happening before her and the badger next to her. What happened to the dummy arm that was there before--no one knows. But the way it seemed like their spells were in unison really intrigued the young eagle. What had been happening? First, the cute badger and their shy conversations--not by words, but by looks and gestures as if two deaf people were trying to flirt with each other. Now, this. The eagle looked at his direction with concern and worry in her eyes. Was he alright? Did any of the bits of the dummy hand hit him? She barely even noticed to take in the fact that her spell was working, after two tries. A world record for Nalia Steinberg, that's for sure. Yet her mind lingered on the condition of the badger before her.

When witches and wizards express powerful emotions, usually a part of it comes bursting out altering things and expressed as magic. As the eagle and the badger's hand were being treated by the spell (which was about to be done) Nalia's end of the gauze decided to do something out of the ordinary. It seemed like it was alive, looking for something, then the tip turned to the direction of the badger and pulled her arm closer to him, with only the table separating them. Afterwards, it reached out for something else and to her surprise, it was the Hufflepuff's end of the gauze. With the boy's tip of the gauze looking at hers, it intertwined, looped and in a sight that both surprised and made her blush feverishly, it linked both her and the cute shy guy across her.

Their hands, inches away from each other were so tense for Nalia, yet a spark of excitement got to her like when she would learn how to first cast a spell. There was no point in even hiding their not-so-secret looks and waves. Again, mustering up the courage (but not so difficult as she had been oddly warming up to him) she opened her mouth and her voice gently spoke to the guy she had been secretly admiring, "A-are you alright?"


-------
Nalia gets distracted for the second time, but her Ferula spell worked! Unfortunately, it got redirected to her hand, intertwining with @Drew Silvers seeing as he did the same. It seems that @Kala Faraji and her wish to draw them nearer physically worked. With mustered courage, what will the shy badger do? Nalia also wonders at the back of her head if she should get @Chai Beauvelle but is too transfixed on how close she is to the cute Hufflepuff.

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫


--- Tracker ---
PMEmail
^
Tori Deveaux-Carroll
 Posted: May 13 2017, 10:30 AM
Quote
"Sweet Summer Child"
Ghostly Mouse
Offline
She/her
174 Posts
Rep: 8 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff Novice
Age
16
Height
5'4"
Status
Single
Year
6
House
Hufflefluff
clash
Awards: 23



Tori had so eagerly signed up for the healing class, she had accidentally blotted her ink on the page so badly she had to resign. She had been practically begging the staff to hire a new healing professor for years; she could only go so far with self-teaching after all. In her excited state, she had arrived to class early and been forced to sit and wait outside the room until the rest of the students arrived and were allowed in.

A quick study of the other students present allowed her to recognize a few people from the hufflepuff common room, and even one of the puffs being in the same year as her. Usually she'd try to sit next to friends, to have someone to chat with while working. This class was going to be different though, she wanted to focus entirely on her work and the teacher so she sat herself down next to a housemate she only vaguely recognized as being in the year below her. Safe enough to talk if needed but also unfamiliar enough that she wouldn't feel the urge to simply chat.

Professor Beauvelle posted the rules and she discreetly tucked her locket under her shirt, removing the rest of her jewelry and placing it in her bag. An explanation was given of what was needed of the class today and they were sent off to their tasks. Ferula was a simple enough spell to start off with, something she had actually put off learning on her own simply because she could bandage just as easily by hand. It would save time if she learned how to do it properly with magic, though.

"Ferula.... Ferula..." She practiced saying the spell a few times, envisioning a cut on her dummy arm. She was about to cast the spell when she heard a giggle behind her. Broken from her actions she blinked and turned around. Another hufflepuff and a young ravenclaw seemed to be awkwardly interacting. Or attempting to. She watched them a few seconds before shaking her head and turning back to her task. Most of the time she would be more interested, seeing how cute it was that two people attracted to each other were trying to communicate. They did certainly seem adorable. But she really must master this spell.

The word 'ferula' was repeated a couple more times before she took a breath and actually cast it. Just as the spell completed, the bandages leaving her wand's tip and finishing their wrapping, she was distracted yet again. This time, however, it was by an explosion. She jumped and turned, forgetting to check how well she had wrapped the arm. The other hufflepuff's dummy had blown up and pieces were flying through the air.

"Protego," the word leap from her lips as her wand raised without forethought, an invisible shield spreading out from the tip to defend herself and the person she was seated next to. Bits of plastic arm bounced off the shield and fell harmlessly down. The badger couldn't help but be a little impressed with her actions, those years spent with her grandfather trying to get her to duel had actually paid off a bit it seemed. She lowered her wand, letting the spell cancel as it seemed fairly safe.

"Are you alright?" She turned to the hufflepuff next to her, uncertain of how much the spell had actually shielded them. She was also concerned about the other hufflepuff, the one whose dummy had exploded, but knew that the professor would most likely be on them in an instant before checking on anyone else. That was usually how it worked, wasn't it?

----
Tori is super excited for her first lesson and was probably up all night with giddiness. She decided to sit next to @Felton Quigley so she wouldn't be tempted to talk too much. Kala's actions certainly did startle her, but for once her rashness and inability to think before speaking or acting have worked in her favor.

Dice Roll: 1d12: 9 = 9

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image user posted image
PMEmail
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: May 19 2017, 07:22 PM
Quote
"though she be but little, she is fierce"
Nadya
Offline
She/Her
86 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Age
12
Height
4'8"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a
Awards: 13



One of the aspects of her first year that the young Hufflepuff still clung to, was the focus she held herself to during classes. It wasn't so much because she was too nervous to make eye contact, as it mostly had been the year prior, instead she was legitimately interested and knew if she let her attention falter, she'd easily miss something, and the last thing she wanted was to end up sitting awkwardly, unsure of what to do and have to call the Professor over and explain that she had missed what was said. What kind of impression would that leave? This was particularly true in this class, Healing was after all a major part of what she really saw herself doing someday as a professional witch - that concept almost made her giggle at herself under her breath.

The Professor of this class was one she'd never seen before and she was absolutely lovely, almost so that she had to remember to blink and felt the flush of her cheeks. As the woman began explaining the rules, Imogen took the time to pull her hair back, honestly, it had been something she'd planned to do before the class started but had forgotten until she started outlining the rules in the air. Reaching into the bag at her feet, she pulled out a bandana, forcing it down over her head and past her wild mane of curls before pulling the front back up to the top of her head to provide some form of containment.

She watched the Professor demonstrate the spell with the same honest fascination she still seemed to give any spell she saw cast, and her red painted lips curved to a grin that reached her green-flecked dark eyes. Pulling out her wand, she closed her eyes for a moment and pictured what had been instructed, playing it threw a few times before she opened them again. Then her gaze scanned over her classmates as the incantation started echoing in different voices in the large room.That was when she noted that there was at least one familiar face, her Housemate Drew. They weren't super close, but enough so that she considered him a friend. Though as she was about to look away and focus on practice, she caught some mostly silence exchanges and the young badger had to hide her biting her lip with amusement behind her hand. Oh, that was just too adorable.

The not so subtle flirting, had her whimsically imagining a cute little romance of her own some day, but that was a daydream for another time that wasn't in the middle of what she considered one of her most important classes. Once again she raised her wand and this time even opened her mouth to start speaking the word, when the arm that was in front of her friend...blew up? It had made her jump and for once she didn't let out the embarrassing squeak she often made when startled. With a amused sigh, she shook her head and then closed her eyes and slowed her breathing again so she could focus on the spell. "Ferula."

---
Imogen tries to focus on practicing the spell, however, she finds herself distracted by her classmates and then the dummy arm that blew up. Finally, she takes a deep breath, in and out, and tries the spell.
Dice Roll: 1d12: 3 = 3

--------------------
user posted image
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
--
Workshop | Plotter | Tracker| Challenges
PM
^
Drew Silvers
 Posted: May 20 2017, 02:46 PM
Quote
" to me you are the kite string and the anchor rope"
Puzzles
Offline
She/Her
46 Posts
Rep: 1 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Age
17
Height
6'0"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
undecided
Awards: 4



The Hufflepuff boy was pleasantly surprised to see the bandage fly from the tip of his wand and wrap itself around his dummy arm. The compress was quite a bit tighter than his first go around but not so tight that it bit into the fake flesh. Pleased, that signature lopsided grin of his took over his face and he ran his fingers through his short hair. It wasn’t often that Drew felt accomplished when he did magic and so this moment seemed much more spectacular than it actually should have been. Feeling inspired and filled with an uncharacteristic sense of confidence, her pointed the wand at his own arm and said, “Ferula.”

Before the badger was able to examine his handy work, all hell broke loose in the classroom. Barely given time to realize what happened, Drew was pelted with aa barrage of highspeed shrapnel as his perfectly bandaged mannequin arm burst into millions of tiny pieces of rubber, plastics and metals. He dropped to the floor mere seconds after the blast and covered his neck and head, but the delayed reaction didn’t do much to protect him, since the damage from the explosion was already done. His ears rang with the screams of his other classmates who were panicked by the unexpected blast.

Things seemed to move in slow motion as he tried to regain his bearings. It hadn’t quite registered with the Hufflepuff exactly what happened. Cautiously, the boy uncurled from his protective ball and peered around, his brain moving at half its normal speed as it tried to work through the shock of exactly what happened. As the adrenaline in his system slowly faded, Drew felt a dull aching throb in his left bicep, or lack thereof, and a sting on the opposite side of his forehead. Looking down at his arm, he saw a thin, shallow cut that stretched about six centimeters along his appendage. Blood had blossomed around the injury, his white shirt soaking it up and making things look worse than they were.

“A-are you alright?”

Drew looked up from his arm, his brain taking a moment to register what was being asked and who was asking it. It was the girl he had been staring at. Here he was, crouched on the floor, a tiny trickle of blood running down his face and a gash in his arm. A blush spread across his face as he realized who it was and how much of an idiotic coward he looked like. Some knight in shining armour he was. Slowly, the boy stood up. The blood rushed to his head, making him dizzy and he grabbed onto the table that held the ruined remains of his practice limb. “Well... Um… I… Uh… Well… I don’t… I think so?” His words were verging on inaudible as he struggled to spit out something half was intelligible. “Well, I mean… I don’t… I don’t know. I feel kind of woozy, t-to be honest… Maybe I should just…” Not bothering to finish, he sat back down on the floor, not wanting to make even more of a fool of himself by straight up passing out.
-----

Drew managed to cast the spell on himself right before all hell broke loose, which is good because I'm not sure he'll be able to focus on trying to cast it again. He's more shaken than hurt. He hopes @Nalia Steinberg doesn't think he's a wimp.

Dice Roll: 1d12: 8 = 8

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Nalia Steinberg
 Posted: May 22 2017, 02:13 AM
Quote
"[HIATUS] You go ahead, let your hair down"
Tyler
Offline
He, Him, They
48 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Beginner
Age
13
Height
5'4
Status
Pure-blood?
Year
Third
House
Ravenclaw
clash
Awards: 6



Soft lines on her forehead were seen as a worried look on Nalia's face developed. There was clearly nothing majorly wrong with the Hufflepuff whom she had just been shyly exchanging glances at, but something brewed within the Ravenclaw that called her to action. She was about to pull her hand when she felt the tug of the bandage, still intertwined with him, catching her off guard. Luckily enough the force of her tug was not strong enough to make her fall, catching herself as she stabilized herself with the wooden table separating them. Though the Hufflepuff was already sitting down, she wanted to take a closer look to see what was actually wrong.

Her wand, still with her right hand and tightly gripped, she gently moved her hand before letting out a quick "Sorry" to the young man before her. Pointing her wand at the table she spoke, "Mobiliarbus." The wooden table magically moved away from them, removing their distance as Nalia with bent knees, looked carefully at the condition of the older boy.

The bloody white shirt was the first thing on the Ravenclaw's agenda as it was ripped from the shrapnel that hit him. Thankfully the cut wasn't deep and was rather clean, to which Nalia sighed in relief. Observing his forehead their faces were so close to each other, but the instinct to save was much more compared to their silly flirting. She looked around and mentally rummaged through her mind before she bobbed up and down wondering if what she was looking was there.

"Oh, I do hope it's here. Accio, Essence of Dittany!"

With a flick of her wand, a small vial with a stopper came to her call and landed on her free, but bandaged hand. There was no time to waste. She pointed her wand towards her bag before casting another spell, "Accio, water bottle." Her bag ruffled and out came a glass bottle. She placed her wand in a built-in cloth holster on her school robes to make room for her other hand so that she could tend to the badger, who was sitting down. Nalia gingerly folded the bloody collar of the affected area to reveal the wound fully. With her bandaged left hand, she stabilized the vial and twisted the dropper open with her right hand. Pinching the dropper it made a quiet filling-up sound and there it was--the dropper filled with the magical fluid. Carefully the eagle placed the tip from one end of the wound and looked at him with a worried look, "I haven't done this yet, so I'm sorry if it hurts."

With a gentle squeeze, drops of the essence came and smoke came out from where it fell as the wound started to close miraculously. A smile and a chuckle of delight came to her as a a quarter of the liquid collected from the dropper was only used, proving the liquid to be powerful as it has been. Nalia motioned for the older boy to tilt his head as she used a drop, almost clearing the boy's forehead of the wound.

"Essence of Dittany has extremely powerful healing properties. It sometimes releases a cloud of flammable smoke but when applied, the result is a wound looking several days old. If it is applied quickly, it can prevent scarification." She stood up, almost stating word for word what she had learned from her books, she looked at the results, twisting the dropper back into place and placing it on her pocket before leaning down again, hugging him.

"A-are you okay? D-do you feel better?"

She leaned back and shyly removed herself from her induced hug, a mouth gaped open combined with a raging blush as she moved their still bandaged hands, giving both of them a tug.

-------
I don't know why, but something within Nalia wanted to save @Drew Silvers and takes the matter to herself. Thinking of asking @Chai Beauvelle or someone else flew out the window. Plus, Nalia forgets actually why she pulled out the water bottle for. Maybe for Drew to drink in case he needed it?

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫


--- Tracker ---
PMEmail
^
Chai Beauvelle
 Posted: May 26 2017, 04:08 AM
Quote
""Lady luck is smilin'." - Twisted Fate"
Akkey
Offline
They/Them
47 Posts
Rep: 2 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hogwarts Staff
Age
24
Height
5'4"
Status
Single
Year
Healer
House
Ravenclaw Alumna
clash
Awards: 3



Chai had always had this wonderfully soft spot for those younger than her. Not to say she wasn’t young anymore. Mind you. She was at her early years of adulthood and teaching kids was much easier than it felt it would be like. Glancing at her students she did notice two wonderfully cute pair students who were eyeing each other. A Hufflepuff boy and a Ravenclaw girl just sitting a few ways away from a rather concerned Gryffindor. Now what was going on? Did this look like a blossoming school romance. Oh, how Chai loved reminiscing about school romance despite that her own romance only lasted less than a whole school year.

Young love. Lovely, the first class was going so well.

At first Miss Steinberg was definitely distracted by something or someone. Mr. Silvers was the same on his first try or maybe nervous. Chai couldn’t really tell and could only imagine. Miss Faraji on the other hand was excellent on her first try. Chai was going to congratulate the lioness when the two had continued doing something rather distracting.

Now Chai knew better, she did, but she was a flirt herself and this kind of flirting wasn’t really the bad kind. Normally a professor would have said something but then Miss Faraji had other things in mind.

It blew up.

The dummy arm that Silvers had in front of him blew up. Now that was one way of trying to get two people to be close to each other.

“Is everyone alright?” the Healing Professor asked. “Is anyone hurt?”

There was a perk to being in a healing class. There’s always someone inept in the room who’s inept in healing those who screw their spells or potions up. That and the most elaborate or in-elaborate ploys to brew up romance.

Chai laughed despite this though. They were kids! This is bound to happen at some point. To be young and full of love and hope… and some possibly brooding. But anyway, the safety of the students is still Chai’s top priority. The poised professor strode towards the three students causing the distractions. Upon seeing that her students are safe from harm she then gave a sigh of relief.

“Well then I think the flirting will have to stop here, Mister Silvers and Miss Steinberg. As for you miss Faraji as wonderfully helpful you have been the explosion could have badly hurt someone and since this is of no ill intentions, I’ll issue you a warning, love.”

The woman winked and Smiled at Faraji, “Wonderful first try. Remember that you still need to successfully cast it on your own arm, my dear.”

And then to the pair that were slowly smitten together, “I congratulate Mister Drew for being the first in the class to create successful attempts each on his… uh, well used to be non-incinerated dummy arm and his own arm.”

She leaned in and smiled at the two and in a hushed voice. “Next time, please try to limit the flirting to outside class. Like Miss Faraji I will let you two off with a warning. Although you may need to see me this afternoon for a word.” The professor then turned to look at Nalia and said, “You’re getting there wonderfully. Only one perfect cast on your arm and you two are free to go.”

With that Chai headed back towards the center of the class and congratulated those who have done their work splendidly so far.

There was Miss Carroll, who was so close to casting the spell perfectly but needed a little push of motivation.

“Miss Carroll, good work but not quite. Be careful, a tightly cast bandage will do more harm than good try again and imagine how careful you were to handle a loved one’s wounds but not too careful or you will do absolutely nothing for them to heal.”

And there was also the youngest in the class she has seen so far. A lovely young girl with majestic curls.

“Keep at it, Miss Reeve. They’re a bit too loose but you will get the hang of it. Practice is key. The more you do something the easier it gets.”

~~~
Chai breaks the distraction after the explosion from Mr. @Drew Silvers’s table and Ms. @Nalia Steinberg’s direction, warns and congratulates Ms. @Kala Faraji for the great first cast on Ferulla, encourages Ms. @Tori Deveaux-Carroll and Ms. @Imogen Reeve for their efforts at casting the spell.

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

RAVENCLAW ALUMNA
{ HOGWARTS }

Workshop - Tracker - Classes

user posted image
Babylon made by the wonderful Bolt~
PM
^
Kala Faraji
 Posted: May 26 2017, 03:05 PM
Quote
"Grace is wild, it is not tame. Grace messes up your hair"
Mari
Offline
She+Her
183 Posts
Rep: 5 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Gryffindor
Age
Sixteen
Height
5'6
Status
Pureblood
Year
Sixth
House
Gryffindor
clash
Awards: 13



Unfortunately for the lioness the professor was as astute and watchful as she was beautiful. The good news was that Kala was getting off with a scolding. Sabra - her mother - would not have accepted "I was trying to help love along" as a credible reason for her daughter to be spending time in detention at Hogwarts. Both parents expected their daughter to be as well-behaved as possible, they didn't impose any ultimatums or warn her that there would be consequences. Kala was simply self-aware enough of her actions and what could happen in the aftermath that she chose to behave as was expected of her to a degree.

The secret life of the witch was a different story altogether. Giving Professor Chai an unapologetic and knowing smile, Kala turned her mind back towards her spell casting. She knew better than to talk back to a professor. Yes, she definitely still had to perform the bandaging on her own arm. The flirts had been told to cease and desist at least until after class. Part of her attention was still on Nalia and Drew but the majority of it had moved towards the rest of the class, noticing that those which had cast the spell on both dummy arm and their own arm successfully were allowed to leave.

The desire to go outside and spend a good amount of time absorbing sunshine before the next class renewed Kala's interest. Sunshine was rare as the clouds seemed to hang heavily over Hogwarts, giving the school a gray and cold appearance. It also didn't help that the walls were made of stone and any water inside turned to dense moisture in some places.

Taking her wand, Kala pointed at her arm and murmured "Ferula."
--
Kala is not really sorry and just smiles at Professor Chai before returning to her casting, wanting to get out of here quickly.
Dice Roll: 1d12: 5 = 5

--------------------
user posted image
Avatars by Kaly & Lyx. Signature by the lovely Lyx
user posted image 08/22/17
PM
^
Drew Silvers
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 06:55 AM
Quote
" to me you are the kite string and the anchor rope"
Puzzles
Offline
She/Her
46 Posts
Rep: 1 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Age
17
Height
6'0"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
undecided
Awards: 4



As the pretty brunette knelt next to the badger, he could feel her eyes burning into him. Embarrassment kept his face a consistent shade of bright red as the girl tended to his wounds. He averted his eyes from her's hoping she might not notice him. In his shock, he hadn't realized that the bandage around his hand had somehow tangled itself around the girl's instead. Not thinking clearly, he tried to pull his hand away, tugging at the bandage with little success. His hands still shook uncontrollably and were mostly useless to him. Tired, he resigned himself to the girl's treatment. Even without the current events, he probably would have done the same, however he figured at least no no one would blame him for his actions.

When the drop of dittany hit Drew's skin he sucked in sharply, biting his lip and closing his eyes. The sting subsided almost as soon as it had hit him. Blindly, he reached up at touched the spot on his arm, it was sticky with blood but the cut had vanished. Just in time to see her motion to lean his head back, he had opened his eyes and glanced at her. He did as he was told, staring up at the ceiling as he prepared himself for the sting of the magical liquid. His ears still ringing from the explosion, he could't really hear what she was saying but he nodded anyways, the world felt like it was moving in slow motion.

The sudden movement of his head in combination with the spinning room had caused nausea to swell within his stomach. He just wanted to go up to his room and lay down for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, the teacher had noticed him glancing at the girl and had asked for them to come to her office later that afternoon. He had to bite back the crass word that had tried to escape his lips. He stood slowly and dizziness struck as the blood rushed to his head, causing his vision to black out for a split second. He stumbled forward and grabbed the table for stability.

A dazed look still in his eyes, Drew looked at Chai and nodded blankly. "Yeah um... Okay I'm just... I think I just need to lay down first." His word came out in a barely audible murmur. Not waiting to see if she had heard, he started to make his way towards the exit. Remembering he had left his bag, he went back to his spot in the class and picked it up. His eyes caught a glimpse at the girl who had helped him. "Oh, uh, thanks." He said,offering a shaky smile before stumbling back off to his dorm for a brief rest before having to go visit the professor.

---

Yeah. Drew is just done. My poor baby needs a rest, okay. Honestly, he's too shaken to be terribly upset about the teacher having noticed him and Nalia. He dismisses himself and thanks Nalia for her help.

@Chai Beauvelle, @Nalia Steinberg

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Nalia Steinberg
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 01:55 PM
Quote
"[HIATUS] You go ahead, let your hair down"
Tyler
Offline
He, Him, They
48 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Beginner
Age
13
Height
5'4
Status
Pure-blood?
Year
Third
House
Ravenclaw
clash
Awards: 6



Nalia watched the older badger struggle through the process of the Dittany heal instantly his wounds. Every time he would try to endure through the pain, the eagle would wince just the slightest but the essence was difficult to procure so carelessly pouring it would be a waste of resources.

She watched as he, almost in awe (but in an absent-minded state) feel and see for himself that his wounds were quickly eliminated by the drop of magical liquid. When they were approached by the professor, she almost shied away allowing room for her to be in between her and the Hufflepuff. Upon mention of a warning and a sudden realization at what her teacher stated--flirting, did a flash of red come upon her face. She had been flirting? Totally a green for love and its complicated concepts, she would never expect to hear something like that, especially from a teacher. She could only nod her head after she commented that she needed to do one more on her hand, again. Guessing that the professor saw that she had successfully done it once, Nalia only needed to do it again as was required for the class.

Him quickly grabbing a chair to stabilize made her jolt up to want to help him. There were probably a lot of eyes on her and the badger, yet it seemed like that was the last thing on her mind. Was the adrenaline subsiding because she was noticing the little things like that? But when the mention of the boy stating he needed to go worried Nalia a little more. Perhaps he needed to actually rest. After all, it wasn't like any day you'd have someone blast a dummy hand in front of you and have shrapnel from it hurt you. Plus, the Hufflepuff and her were at the closest point of impact. She surprised herself for her reflexes. Yet again, it was perhaps the odd luck the Ravenclaw had. None the matter, she would need to worry about it later, the task of putting another bandage on her was still at hand.

Something within her started to niggle with her feelings concerning the Hufflepuff who now had returned briefly for forgetting his bag. Nalia keenly observed the boy before he returned the gaze and offered the weak but adorable smile with his thanks. Now the feeling pressed on her, with a burden to want to do something more for the badger. A chance to help someone, right? Wasn't that something Nalia Steinberg said she would do? Help someone?

With her eyes looking at her hand, she unwrapped the bandage from her left hand as her own thoughts mingled with students' voices of enchanting the dummy arm and their hands were her points of focus. 'I need to get this done. For him.'

Ideas of getting something for him to get better were brainstorming within her when she was brought back again to the reality that she still had to do the spell.

'The second try was purely just luck', her thoughts urged on her.

'No, but surely it must've been something', another part of her replied.

'But I don't think I can do it again.', her mind retorted.

'But the Hufflepuff...', she gulped.

'Ugh! Focus, Nalia!' she slapped her cheeks, with her wand on her right hand. She squished them and she thought for a moment, she felt it emanating a low hum, as she felt the wand feel alive with a slight vibration on her hand. The Ravenclaw separated her hands from her cheeks and looked at the wand. Her thoughts took her back to the same experience she had with the levitation charm her first year. Was the wand trying to help her?

Nalia swapped her wand to her left hand just to vary from the previous successful spell. It felt weird holding her wand not in her normal wielding hand, feeling quite unnatural. With her palm facing forward, Ravenclaw took a deep breath and closed her eyes pointing her wand at her hand before casting, "Ferula."

Nalia wasn't expecting anything. All that was in her head was how she wanted to do something more for him. How she could help him. Because he seemed like the first one who wanted her help. Once she heard a sound near her, she opened her eyes to reveal that her wand had not only successfully wrapped her hands comfortably, but that there was an added extra to it. She felt something sticky and cool in her hand. It looked like just an ordinary spell that worked but the cool feeling on her her hand still bothered her. Zooming in a lot closer from her successful bandage, she could now see that it was a little bulkier than her last one, evident by a slight bump. Did her spell include a salve?

The eagle poked slightly on the top of her hand as she felt something sponge-like (perhaps a gauze) wedged between her hand and the bandage. Her action though made her wince in pain as she felt something sting, but subside quickly. Had she hurt herself in the process as well? Quickly realizing she was done, she ran up to the professor to get it checked and when she had the all clear, she grabbed her belongings along with the water bottle she had took out for the badger and paused, looking at it for a few seconds before she placed it back in her bag and getting up, making her way towards the exit.


Dice Roll: 1d12: 5 = 5


------
There's a lot of things going through Nalia's mind right now. Déjà vu, not knowing she was hurt and what to do to make @Drew Silvers feel better. She wonders if @Chai Beauvelle noticed her spell hadn't worked the way she anticipated but for an all clear anyways. She's probably heading off to the library now to research again.

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫


--- Tracker ---
PMEmail
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 09:33 PM
Quote
"though she be but little, she is fierce"
Nadya
Offline
She/Her
86 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Age
12
Height
4'8"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a
Awards: 13



Imogen was a bit embarrassed by her attempt at the spell, she knew how to wrap a bandage without magic, but this was totally different. It was also utterly fascinating, only imagining how something as simple as that would affect the muggle world. Professor Chai's encouragement brought a smile to her lips as well as deepening the flush of her cheeks, leaving her suddenly wishing she had her hair down and the mane of curls to hide behind.

She was a bit worried about her fellow Hufflepuff, though she was sure the teacher would have done something if he or the girl had been badly hurt - she was the Healing instructor after all. The woman's kind demeanor and the way she had handled the situation just made Imogen like her more, some of the Professors would not have laughed off something of that sort. It firmly cemented the class as being one of the ones she would look forward to the most this term, certainly. And she was determined to get this first spell right, it was so basic as most that were taught in the first class of a subject.

Removing the loose bandage from her last spell she worried her lip a bit between her teeth and rubbed her thumb along the side of her wand for a moment as she envisioned what she wanted the spell to do and focus as that was obviously part of what was missing from her last attempt. As a Healer, distraction was not an acceptable excuse, if a Healer was needed there was likely to be nothing but distractions. She had to work harder. With a deep breath in and out, the young badger narrowed her eyes and tried the spell once more, "Ferula"

Dice Roll: 1d12: 7 = 7
-----
Imogen is a bit embarrassed that she so badly failed her first try but takes the Professor's encouragement to heart and tries again.

--------------------
user posted image
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
--
Workshop | Plotter | Tracker| Challenges
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll


 


 



Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC