Status
5'10"
Height
Akkey
He/Him
Pronouns
1-November 17
Dec 14 2017, 11:33 AM   LINK Quote
A loud thud echoed the simple Muggle Studies classroom. It was as if the room was untouched up until the last Muggle Studies professor conducted classes in it. The same old and dusty bookshelves that contained various titles about what magic folk knew about Muggles were lined up on one side. While the other side, the side that had the castle's signature large windows fixated was lined with small shelves that housed various Muggle knick-knacks. In between these are the desks and seats, simple, casual and none out of the ordinary.

What changed, however, was the dainty desk the old professor sat in. Instead of books on Muggles, there sat actual Muggle books. Titles that encompassed topics from science to spirituality, medicine to traditional healing, history of flight to modern flight, and most importantly - well, in the new professor's opinion - books on how to survive outside of his own house.

'How in the actual fuck am I going to teach these kids how to survive in the Muggle world when I haven't even walked out of my own house for a year.' A young man in his twenties thought as his eyes glossed over the word 'survival' written in the book he was reading. His head sandwiched in between his hands with which were clenched, squashing his cheeks ever so slightly giving the coal-haired professor a set of lips pursed like a fish. It was his first day of class and he had just moved into the castle a few days before. This professor is Mattias Theodore Chase, former NEET, internet lurker, and anti-social to the point that he lived without setting a foot outside of his parents' house for almost a year. But that isn't something he's very proud of.

In all honesty, Mattias just wanted to make his parents proud, oh, and make them stop mentioning that their colleagues' son had a promotion or how his childhood friend had gotten married and opened up a small business in Diagon Alley two years after graduation, whilst at the dinner table. As if that wasn't enough to make the Chase son take the teaching job at Hogwarts right after his father had mentioned the opening for it.

Although, Mattias wasn't one to dwell much on the past. There really wasn't much to do in the castle and classes to him was a way to pass time. Even when it was likely the most exhausting part of his day besides socializing with his colleagues.

The dull blue eyes stationed on the professor's eyelids scanned the room which had filled with a few students during his duck face session in front of a book, Mattias scowled. 'I hope this number of students won't go up or else I'll have a mountain of papers to read through during. Fuck, being a professor is troublesome.'

"Attention you zygotes! I am Professor Mattias Chase. You can call me whatever you want to call me, I don't give a flying monkey's glutes as long as the title 'Professor' is in there." he started, not bothering with a sonorous or even whipping out his wand for attention. "As you probably have seen, there are two boards outside, one is for class rules and the other is for assignments. Try to at least look at those boards for changes each class because I will update them."

Mattias began to stand from his seat, closing the book he had been reading revealing the book's title, 'Socialization for Dummies' before reaching the front of his desk and leaning on it.

"That out of the way, your first class will determine how we'll be proceeding to the next class. What I want you all to do today is to one by one stand up and answer these three questions: One, your name, two,your blood status, and three, what experience have you had with the opposite of your blood status. If you're a muggle-born or half-blood then state an experience you've had with a pureblood and vise versa. You are allowed to state if you are uncomfortable with the second question."

~~~
Mattias does not beat around the bush. Your character has to answer three questions: Name, Blood Status, and state an experience with the opposite of your blood status. Also, he's added an assignment for the Second Class so check that out.

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

PUCKWUDGIE ALUMNUS
{ ILVERMORNY }
Hufflepuff
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Hufflepuff
Year
love faction
Clash
Pureblood
Status
6'2"
Height
Cat
She/Her
Pronouns
17-September 12

Dec 16 2017, 01:24 PM   LINK Quote
Gavin shivered despite the layers under his uniform, the warming charms he’d used earlier just beginning to wear off by then. He expelled a heavy sigh as he entered the classroom, noting the professor - bookish, clearly, from how deeply engrossed he seemed in his book. That, or the man enjoyed sticking his nose into things. Grinning at himself, Gavin suppressed the urge to laugh, taking up a seat at the front away from the windows, hardly wanting any reason to feel colder than he already started to feel.

He chewed on the edge of his tongue as he sat and waited, his peers trickling in out of his peripherals. Before he knew it, the professor started talking, introducing himself and garnering a small grin as Gavin considered what to call the man. By the look of him, he was almost weaselly, with the sort of baby face that either meant he was young, or unlucky enough to appear so. Still, he was almost cute with that button nose - no Professor Connor, of course, but the badger didn’t think anyone else was really blessed with that Nordic god look.

He slid a little into his seat, foot casually slipped out and wiggling faintly as he tried to pay attention to the instruction. He lazily reached into his bag to pull his notebook out, a quick bit of his bottom lip as he fished his quill and ink well out and rested it beside his paper.

Great.. A chance to speak, freely and openly - a usual mistake when it came to Gavin, but he sort of pitied the professor from what he could see of him, so he kept in mind to behave. Mostly.

“Ay, yea. My name’s Gavin. Gavin Woodbane,” he introduced, a sly grin slowly growing across his lips as he stood and showed off his staggering height. “I’m a Pureblood. Not very impressive, half the damn school is right? Anyway, an experience with the opposite blood? Well, to be honest, I’ve had my suspicions about Markus my entire life. I reckon he’s mixed blood, just won’t tell me for sure. Anyway,” he continued, taking a pause to breathe and shake his head solemnly, as if it hurt him that his cat wouldn’t tell him his blood status. “I guess the most recent experience involved us eating supper. Markus demanded his food prepared a certain way, and I says to him, hey mate, chill, food is food. But he goes off on a rant - I can’t understand when he gets so worked up - and eventually pisses off and I don’t see him for at least a day later.” He finished, crossing his arms over his chest and slinking back down to his seat.

“Yea. That’s sort of the whole of it. Thanks for letting me vent, Professor Matt, I don’t often get a chance to get these things off my chest,” he commented, pouting a little, absolutely pleased at himself.

————-
Gavin takes the piss after his introduction and complains about Markus, which he leaves out as being his cat. He’s just here to play tbh.

--------------------

user posted image
HUFFLEPUFF
{ pride }

kitty pixel by heidi

Petra Connor

Softness is not weakness.

Allie <3 Profile Plotter Tracker Ranking Extra Info Etc

Slytherin Beginner
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Slytherin
Year
neutral
Clash
engaged to Hadleigh
Status
5"5
Height
Allie <3
her/she/princess
Pronouns
20-August 12

Jan 1 2018, 11:31 PM   LINK Quote

When it came to muggle things. The young Miss Connor was clueless. She knew a few things about them because of Lucus, but Petra only visited him in the muggle world a couple of times. She knew about movies and muggle homes, but that was the extent of her knowledge. Everything else she knew about them was through second-hand knowledge and things she had heard. Though she knew that she shouldn't believe everything she heard when it came to the Muggle-borns at the castle. They did like to play tricks on purebloods and tell them false information about muggle things to get a laugh.

Well, this is a peculiar question. Though Petra wasn't one to question a professor, well, that's a lie. If the professor is wrong. She will point it because it is a sin to let the wrong information out in the world when she knew the correct information.

The young blonde stood up after Gavin, "My name is Petra Connor," She added a little curtsy, "I'm a Connor, so, I'm practically pureblood royalty." She paused, that was all changing with her dad's decision to marry her off to a half-blood. Not that she was against it. She actually liked Hadleigh as a person and didn't mind being in an arranged marriage to him. There were worst people to be stuck with. "Well, two of my best friends are lesser bloods." She paused, mortified in what she said. "Oh goodness, I didn't say it to be cruel. One is half-blood and the other is muggle-born." She explained before growing bright red, she cleared her throat as she sat back down. "I have little experience with muggle things" She added before shutting up again.

Petra just hoped that no one else will get the wrong idea. Her family was known for being purists, but in light of recent events. Everyone's view of her family was changing, but her sister wasn't helping. Adalie was a purist to the very core and even made her opinions known. She even got a girl to walk out of class because of her bigoted remarks about lesser bloods. Though, she was no better because she still did call them lesser bloods.

--------------------------
Petra answers the questions....

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
avatar and sig by greywaren. of CTTW Jingle <33(MADE BY BOLT)

Mattias Chase

"Keep it together..." - Zac

Akkey Profile Plotter Tracker Ranking Extra Info Etc

Professor
Status
Account
Post Count
Member ID.
Send a PM
Year
Clash
Halfblood
Status
5'10"
Height
Akkey
He/Him
Pronouns
1-November 17
Jan 5 2018, 12:31 PM   LINK Quote
Mattias' brow curved giving him a puzzled expression as the first male student to answer forth, Mr. Woodbane started talking. The Professor wasn't sure if the boy was joking or serious about his answer much more his story about a certain person named, Markus. It was awkward for him to listen to someone actually state a name when they're talking about the said person publicly. It was new to him. Not that it hasn't happened before. Nonetheless, even if it was somewhat something he hadn't expected, Gavin had answered his questions promptly and was actually impressed that the student went out of his way to tell the story.

"I didn't need you to name your.. uh... half-blood friend... question mark? But that was a good start. What puzzles me is how are you even related to them to even be the one feeding them?"

Life was full of mysteries and maybe Gavin Woodbane was either a mystery to Mattias or just someone with so much time on their hands. The other student, however, Miss Connor was polite and quaint, well in Professor Chase's book she was. To him, she seemed like a girl who was rather soft spoken when it came to these things. The Muggle Studies professor knew right away that maybe she hadn't had much experience with Muggle society and socialization other than with those two friends of hers.

Mattias wasn't sure how the two would do after the second lesson is done. The young professor had planned out a first-hand experience for his students, although, he wanted to see if his students would actually be competent enough to pass his subject seeing as so far there were two purebloods who have taken an interest in the class. He just hoped that even with these two student's lack of experience - more Gavin than Petra - would they succeed on their second class.

The professor looked up at the ceiling and took a deep breath before turning his gaze on both his students.

"As long as you participate in the class and turn in your assignments that should be enough to pass. But if you want to survive out there in the muggle world it's best to have experience. And what better way to get experience than to be able to actually interact with Muggle-borns and half-bloods alike."

~~~

Mattias talks to @Gavin Woodbane and @Petra Connor, tbh that's all you need for this thread. All answers are right and will be recorded. I'll still keep this open and replied to for those who would like to submit their replies.

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

PUCKWUDGIE ALUMNUS
{ ILVERMORNY }
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts.

Want to join in on the fun? Sign up by registering your in character name in proper cases!