AEGIS
HEIGHT:
6'3
Pureblood
Rep: 9 pts [ + | - ]

Archibald Munn
© Stellarity // She/Her
Awards: 31

Part of being raised a Munn was being raised to always follow the rules. Always be obedient, always be compliant, always bring pride to the name of his family no matter where he was. Archibald was great at it, never doing a single thing to upset his father, always being the son he could speak of with delight at parties and gatherings. There was nothing more important to the boy, and yet… it was exhausting. It would have been a lie to say things came easily to him, to say he got good grades effortlessly and didn’t struggle at all to keep that constant unaffected image when things did in fact affect him. When people were upsetting and annoying, when he would have much rather spent all his time at the greenhouses. By the end of the day, he usually just wanted to nuzzle his pillow and pass out until morning, but some nights sleep wouldn’t come, some night he would stay awake for hours. Those were the worst nights, those were nights like that one.

Silence was always welcome, silence was always soothing, and the quietness of the lawns -only interrupted by the gentle breeze or the occasional hooting of an owl- was much more enjoyable than the chatter which would inevitably fill the school come morning. The boy did not fear the dark, he walked with calm and confidence, though he still brought out his wand as his left hand tugged close his fleece coat. Fingers wrapped around carved wood as they had done a thousand times before, movement swift and words pronounced with kindness. “Lumos” Archie whispered, for there was no need of speaking any louder, watching the dim light emitted by the wand for a mere second before continuing his journey, hoping he would be far enough from the school for no one to notice.

It was rare for the snake to be out after curfew, but it seemed almost unavoidable at nights like that one, nights when his mouth was dry and his head hurt, when palms would sweat as hands were tugged in his pockets and there was a single thing he would crave: a cigarette. He could have smoked one anywhere else, at a place more hidden and where it was less likely to get caught, yet he enjoyed those walks, a faint smile curving his lips when hearing the familiar sound of water crashing softly against a rocky shore. Ever since transferring to Hogwarts, Archie had grown fond of the forest and the lake, occasionally visiting them when no one else was around, marveling at the serene sight of the dark surface and the way the water almost shimmered under the light of the moon and the stars.

Comforting, that was probably the best word he had for it, caring little for the cold despite wearing a coat, as he had known much worse, and the Scottish weather was almost pleasing to the boy. He brought out the silver cigarette case, about to open it in order to take one out and light it when he was interrupted by an unexpected sound. Archie hated unexpected. Quickly, stormy gaze scanned the area, only to find the sight of one all too familiar girl. He could have recognized her anywhere, and anyone would have considered it strange when knowing how little he cared for most females, Aaralynn Grey was just...different. It wasn’t like they got along, like the were the best of friends or there for each other, quite the opposite actually, but there were still those things that bound them to one another, the ties of childhood memories shared, of years spent in each other’s company all thanks to the friendship which existed between their parents.

Was she drinking? He couldn’t distinguish much from the dim light of his wand, though it wouldn’t have come as as a surprise. “Is this what you usually do?” A brow was quirked in question, and while the words were not rude or condescending, there was a certain inexpressiveness to them.

@Aaralynn Grey
|Clothes|

--------------------

user posted image
This cute pixel was made by Evan ❤
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Aaralynn Grey
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 05:14 PM

"IT'S NOW OR NEVER, DON'T surrender"

YEAR:
SEVENTH
HOUSE:
SLYTHERIN
CLASH:
N/A
HEIGHT:
5'10
PUREBLOOD
Rep: 1 pts [ + | - ]

Aaralynn Grey
© ALICE // SHE/HER
Awards: None

Wispy plumes of smoke curled in elaborate circles, exhaled from full lips adorned with clear gloss and nothing else. The spirals shifted and twisted and turned until slender digits were brushed through the middle of the solitary dance, dissipating half of it. The rest floated haphazardly forward in the air, smokey movement frozen, until the cool nighttime breeze reignited its twirling. Aaralynn Grey sighed softly and tapped her thumb against the butt of the cigarette, displacing the ash at the burning end into the mud beneath her feet. Her older brother had once told her that it was never fun to drink and smoke alone. She vehemently disagreed. The night was perfect for solitude and she didn’t particularly care if her placement beside the lake meant a prefect or head student might find her. Let them give her detention.

The Slytherin felt particularly more lackadaisical than usual. Her younger brother, the only one in her family that she was close to nowadays, had been pulled from Hogwarts by their overprotective mother. He’d had some trouble with bullies and with his schoolwork, so instead of letting him work it out like every other member of the Grey family, Mother Grey rescued her son and vowed to school him herself. It hadn’t been his choice; yet he was incapable of standing up for himself when it came to other strong-willed people. Their mother especially. Now he was gone. She wouldn’t see him until summertime. If she even went home then.

Lynn took another drag from the cigarette, inhaling deeply, relishing the burn at the back of her throat. Then she exhaled, slowly, before balancing the cigarette on the rock next to her. She’d found a little coupling of large boulders right on the edge of the lake, near the trees of the forbidden forest. Not obvious to anyone approaching, but not hidden either. The snake lifted the half-full bottle of firewhisky that she’d stolen from Ri and took a quick swig, just enough for a mouthful, before settling the glass container on the grass, away from the mud. He was probably bedding some girl right now. Doing what he did best. She scowled and reached for the bottle again, but then hesitated. One shot at a time. She didn’t need to overdo it just yet.

The alcohol that burned in her system already welcomed the new addition and set her skin aflame, her cheeks flushing a soft pink. A void that her brother had left behind began to fill and she tilted her head, loose curls tumbling over her right shoulder. With the simple black dress she was wearing, perhaps she should maintain more modesty. The garment itself wasn’t overly short, but she sat like a whore, as her mother would say. If creatures that haunted the lake enjoyed such a view, then certainly they’d be happy, but there was no-one else to worry about. Nobody to yell at her for sitting with one knee raised and the other stretched out to the side. Bare, painted toes on display for the world to see.

That was what made this all so lovely. No other soul around until… her brows furrowed, her head tilting in the other direction. Was someone nearby? She couldn’t explain how she knew, she simply sensed them. Her proverbial sixth sense proved right when a dim light and familiar voice appeared behind her. Aaralynn turned and glanced over her shoulder, peering through the shadows at the male who had approached. Had she stood someone up? No, no… it was only Archie. A pubescent boy who Aphrodite herself probably couldn’t get into bed.

“No Percy,” The snake muttered cooly, retrieving her cigarette from the stone. Pressing it to her lips once and exhaling through her nose. “Usually I’m in someone else’s dorm, sharing someone else’s bed. But this is a nice alternative.” She shifted, not caring that she was still sitting like a whore, and looked him up and down once. He really was pretty. It was a shame that stick was so far up his ass. “And what are you doing out, hmmm? Does Mr. Goody Two Shoes want to be a bad boy like the rest of us?” It might needle him, sure, but whisky coursed through her veins like wildfire. She didn’t care. About anything.

----

@Archibald Munn

--------------------
life is too short to even care at all,
I'M LOSIN' MY MIND, LOSIN' MY MIND, LOSIN' CONTROL. THESE FISHES IN THE SEA THEY'RE STARIN' AT ME -- WET WORLD ACHES FOR THE BEAT OF A DRUM. IF I COULD FIND A WAY TO SEE THIS STRAIGHT -- I'D RUN AWAY TO SOME FORTUNE THAT I SHOULD HAVE FOUND BY NOW. I'M WAITING FOR THIS COUGH SYRUP TO COME DOWN -- COME DOWN. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO EVEN CARE AT ALL -- THESE ZOMBIES IN THE PARK -- THEY'RE LOOKIN' FOR MY HEART. A DARK WORLD ACHES FOR A SPLASH OF THE SUN. SO I RUN NOW TO THE THINGS THEY SAID COULD RESTORE ME. --------------------
PMEmail
^
Archibald Munn
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 10:27 PM

"Some say I'm condescending- that means I talk down to people"

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
AEGIS
HEIGHT:
6'3
Pureblood

Archibald Munn
© Stellarity // She/Her

The light of the moon kissed the surface of the lake, dancing over gentle waves in the most spledid of manners, a sight both beautiful and alluring, one that would capture the attention of the snake for the longest of times during those extremely occasional midnight escapades. As he looked, Archie didn’t think of how poetic it was, how mesmerizing or entrancing, but instead he thought of how the moon was only capable of shining so brightly thanks to presence of the sun, despite the fact that it only reflected a small percentage of the sunlight that hit it. Such things were real, true, logical and easy to understand. Such things brought order to the chaos of life. And yet, the boy also knew that there was magic to the moon, as there was to most things, for the presence and position of aid astronomical body could influence spells and potions, the same way it influenced tides and waves.

Logically speaking, such things could be explained thanks to Astronomy, the position of planets, their alignment, and all those things which humanity -and wizards in particular- had studied for centuries. But as it often happened with magic, there was much that logic alone could not explain, and as someone who had grown up learning much of what there was to know about spells, Archie had become all too aware of this. It was something he has learned to embrace, accepting there was much he would never fully comprehend despite the questions constantly being asked by his ever inquisitive mind. Things that would remain to be mysteries, though even magic would remain to be a better and easier mystery to deal with than the behaviors of some people. Specially people like Aaralynn.

Percy. The nickname caught him by surprise, the quiet reminder of those ties that had once existed between them, those that seemed so thin at times like that, those he often chose to ignore. Most people didn’t address him by his middle name, in fact, most probably didn’t even know it, and Archie couldn’t quite remember if he had been the one to ask for her to address him in such a manner or if she had decided to do so for herself. It didn’t really matter, as Lynn’s next words made the boy look away, eyes finding the reflection of the moon as a gentle blush rushed to his cheeks, thankful for the darkness which hid such a thing. Had she always been so blunt? Ludicrous. Scandalous. Shameful. Lecherous. Disappointing. The words popped into his mind rapidly, desperately wishing to pronounce them, brows furrowing instead. “Are you drunk?” he asked matter-of-factly, yet still not finding himself capable of turning to look at the girl.

How could he not judge when he had been raised for perfection? To avoid all such behaviors and specially avoid openly speaking about such matters? He was forgiving when it came to his friends, when it came to the few people in that school who he accepted, letting them drink with little complaints on his part and even ignoring some more improper behaviors he would have usually spoken of to everyone be it anyone else. Lynn...could she still being considered his friend despite all the time that had past? Despite the way they had both clearly changed? Archie pondered on the matter as he calmly opened the cigarette case, extracting one before returning the silver container to his pocket. “I will never be like you, and it is rather disappointing to know you group yourself with the rest of the vulgar scum in this castle” Archie responded, as apathetic as always.

Usually he would have watched his tone, chosen more diplomatic words and spoke with the gentle voice that masked disdain and hatred, but Lynn wasn’t just any Hogwarts student, and somehow those thin ties between them allowed him to speak more freely. With a whispered “Nox” the light vanished from his wand, leaving them to only be illuminated by the celestial shine up above for mere seconds before quietly muttering the words that made small and dancing flame appear over the tip of his wand, for the sole purpose of lighting the cigarette which now rested on his lips before disappearing once again. While putting the wand away, he took a long drag, allowing the smoke to burn the back of his throat for a moment before breathing in, cherishing the warm feeling of nicotine filling his lungs, like a soft and murderous blanket wrapped around him, so comforting despite everything. A feeling so satisfying and for long expected.

The smoke was held, causing the slight lightheadedness for which he had aimed, before finally allowing himself to exhale, watching the way it would curl up and sway in the air until being no longer visible to the grey eyes of the snake, much alike the ash remnants of a fire which no longer burned. “If you really wish to know, I simply needed a walk.” Archie stated, cigarette resting between the index and middle finger of his right hand as he finally turned to look at his housemate, being even less capable of distinguishing much clearly anymore. Maybe he should have kept the light after all.

@Aaralynn Grey

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Aaralynn Grey
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 02:39 PM

YEAR:
SEVENTH
HOUSE:
SLYTHERIN
CLASH:
N/A
HEIGHT:
5'10
PUREBLOOD

Aaralynn Grey
© ALICE // SHE/HER

A low laugh escaped the slytherin woman at the first words of Archie’s response. Are you drunk? He hadn’t changed one damn bit. How like him it was to immediately assume that her harsh words were the result of an inhibitor such as alcohol. It was true to an extent… though she wouldn’t consider herself that far gone. She was pleasantly buzzing and while that made her tongue a little loose, she had played the game for far too long. Too long to let it take total control. But just enough to allow her the ability to brush things off, as if the weight of words didn’t matter. The problem was that she just didn’t give a damn. Robin’s absence had made her reckless and vulnerable and exposed. It was a shame that the school’s biggest prude was the one that had found her and not his brother. Stan would have helped her, distracted her, not spat loaded questions at her in the dark.

“I’m drinking, yes, but I’m not drunk. Not yet, at least.” It was curious to her that Archie didn’t ask why she was out by the lake at night, alone, smoking and drinking. He was one of the few people around that had known her before her fourth year. Before her attitude, her life had shifted; before everything had changed. For better or worse, she had yet to decide. He didn’t know this version of her as well… at least he wasn’t close enough to her to know that she preferred to be alone, nowadays, when she wasn’t fucking someone. Unless it was Ri or someone that she could be herself around. That list was small, too small, and such a result contributed to her solitude. Instead she felt the judgement radiating off of him, the emotion strong enough to breach their withered connections.

Aaralynn rolled her eyes, pointedly, so that hopefully he’d notice despite the lack of lighting. “Such poisonous words for a silly little snake,” She cooed softly, adjusting so that she could face him. Toes pressing into the line where the grass met sand and mud. “Did you ever stop to wonder if something’s bothering me? You know, Aaralynn Grey? Your old friend? We used to talk a bunch when we were younger. Our families still do.” Her tone lilting, almost mocking. She pressed what remained of her cigarette to her lips, inhaling and exhaling the smoke forcefully. Before blotting out the burning ash on the rock beside her. The emotions inside her chest were tempestuous. Her cold temper easily ignited. Her brother’s absence and the whisky exacerbating the bitterness she felt. Toward everyone and anyone.

“No, instead you make sure to tell me that you’ll never be like me. Me and the rest of the vile scum of the school? You’re a riot, Percy. Loosen your laces a bit. I think your corset is choking the life out of you.” Ironic words considering she thought herself above pretty much anyone, vile scum included. Lynn reached for the bottle again, swirling the liquid in sharp circles before she took a decisive swig. Mostly for his benefit, but also for hers. Despite her words, she still regarded him fondly. In a nostalgic sort of way. If he’d asked her for help, she would have given him hell, but she would have done it. They weren’t that far removed from each other, at least to her. He just needed one good smack upside the head, whether it was verbal or physical. Either would work. The truth was, if he came closer, she’d know how he really felt.

“You needed a walk,” She repeated with a nod, unable to see much of her fellow snake beyond the orange glow of the embers of his cigarette. For a moment, she was compelled to stand and steal his, but she resisted. He’d probably throw a fit and this interaction was already strange enough. “It’s a good night for it. The lake is lovely. So unlike you to risk getting slapped with detention for a walk, though. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe you have changed a bit.”

-----

@Archibald Munn

--------------------
I'M LOSIN' MY MIND, LOSIN' MY MIND, LOSIN' CONTROL. THESE FISHES IN THE SEA THEY'RE STARIN' AT ME -- WET WORLD ACHES FOR THE BEAT OF A DRUM. IF I COULD FIND A WAY TO SEE THIS STRAIGHT -- I'D RUN AWAY TO SOME FORTUNE THAT I SHOULD HAVE FOUND BY NOW. I'M WAITING FOR THIS COUGH SYRUP TO COME DOWN -- COME DOWN. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO EVEN CARE AT ALL -- THESE ZOMBIES IN THE PARK -- THEY'RE LOOKIN' FOR MY HEART. A DARK WORLD ACHES FOR A SPLASH OF THE SUN. SO I RUN NOW TO THE THINGS THEY SAID COULD RESTORE ME. --------------------
PMEmail
^
Archibald Munn
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 12:29 AM

"Some say I'm condescending- that means I talk down to people"

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
AEGIS
HEIGHT:
6'3
Pureblood

Archibald Munn
© Stellarity // She/Her

Did people truly ever change or did they simply grow? Developed in order to adapt to the different circumstances in which they found themselves, evolved. Archibald had never been one to believe people could change - once a liar, always a liar; once a traitor always a traitor; once scum, always scum. Life was easier when seeing people under such light, when judging them not by what they could have become but by what they were, because reality was not a place for what ifs, because he refused to give someone a chance when they clearly did not deserve one. And perhaps that was exactly why he tried to be the best person he could possibly be, why he followed every rule and code established by his family, why he did everything in his power to be someone his father could be proud of. Or perhaps it was all just the desperate search of a child who was in obvious need of approval and validation.

Whatever it was, it guided the life of Archibald Munn, it was the most fundamental principle, the rule of gold, the one that made things understandable for the tall boy. And yet, ironically enough, it was the one rule he broke the most. Because while he did not believe that people could change, while he judged them by who they were, there were still those obvious exceptions to the rule, those whose flaws he chose to ignore and whose misbehaviour he tried not to comment on, all because they were those people he loved. The most obvious example would have been his brother, incapable of any sort of wrongdoing to the eyes of Archie, despite knowing full well that there was more than one thing that Athelstan did which would have disappointed their father. Another example was Aaralynn Grey, because while his affection for the girl couldn’t even get close to the one he had for his brother, there was still that nostalgic fondness, those childhood memories that danced in his mind as he turned to look at her.

It was annoying. “You say that as if you are the only one with problems in this whole castle. Tell me, do I look like a counselor? We all have things that bother us, Lynn.” It was cold, and rude, and he knew as much, but the words came out before he could even think about it. Truly, Aaralynn was exception to more than just one rule, as his sisters had made sure he was always wary of the presence of girls during his childhood, never truly trusting them or liking them. But he had liked Lynn, and they had been friends, and maybe that’s why he was upset. Upset about how different she was from the girl he had once known, upset about how little they had talked to each other ever since the Munn brothers transferred to Hogwarts, and upset about how she had chosen to become the kind of person she was. Aaralynn Grey had betrayed his trust, much alike the way Alvyna and Althea and his mother had.

A sigh escaped him, taking another long drag from his cigarette before flicking the ashes onto the cold ground. For a moment, Archibald considered leaving, walking away from all of it and not speaking to Lynn anymore. That would have been easy, maybe it would have been better, especially considering the girl’s possible drunken state. Yet he stayed, even though he did not exactly know why, remaining quiet as his eyes followed the smoke he so calmly exhaled. “What is it that you want me to do? Lie? Out of all people you should know that I have little fondness for fallacy” he gave back, holding back the words he truly wanted to pronounce. The truth was that neither one of them understood why the other acted the way they acted, and that was exactly one of the many reasons they clashed so easily.

Archie would never understand, not really, because to him the Munn family meant everything, because honouring his linage was the most important thing in life, and because rules were important for this specific reason. In many ways they were the same, though absolutely different at the same time. One desperate to be in control, one not so much. “People do not change, and I am not going to get detention. Unless of course you decide to make it so, in which case you would also have to explain why you were out at night and reeking of alcohol.”

@Aaralynn Grey

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Aaralynn Grey
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 04:21 PM

YEAR:
SEVENTH
HOUSE:
SLYTHERIN
CLASH:
N/A
HEIGHT:
5'10
PUREBLOOD

Aaralynn Grey
© ALICE // SHE/HER

Lynn was filled with the absolute insatiable urge to slap Archie right across the mouth for his words. For insinuating that he shouldn't ask about people's problems because everyone had them. But she knew it was hypocritical, at least to a small degree. She probably would have ignored the distress of most people had she come upon them in similar circumstances. Yet if it had been Archibald or one of the other few people she was close to, she might have asked them. She knew she would have if it were Ri, but... she was a little less certain when it came to her old childhood friend. Nevertheless, she would add kindling to the self-righteous fire that bubbled within her chest. Because she was inebriated and that was what alcohol made people do.

The thing that she disliked most about Archibald nowadays was the way he was so utterly wrapped up in himself. So focused on his lineage and his legacy and all of the munnderful things that were his family. Aaralynn was resistant to her family's pressures, though not overtly so. Not in the same way as Athelstan. Whereas Archie embraced everything about his role with open arms. They were both uptight individuals, Lynn and Archie, but in very different ways. She could at least see outside of her own ego to know when other people were suffering. Even without her empathetic abilities. And as a result, Lynn had to carefully quell the urge to do something to crack that smooth and cavalier facade that Archibald carried.

"That right there is exactly why I don't talk to you anymore, Percy," The snake huffed and brushed curled tresses back over her shoulder. She did miss him, but... she missed how they were together when they were younger. It was a lot less complicated. Then again, she had been a lot happier. "Just sitting here in your presence is suffocating." Her words were also cold and cruel and rude. She didn't care. If she couldn't physically slap him, then she would aim verbal daggers at different weak points until she got something that would actually cause him to falter. It was a shame that he wasn't close enough for her to touch him. For once, in a very long time, she actually longed to use her ability to know what the hell was going on just beneath the surface.

"It seems your parents have molded you in their perfect image," She mumbled at his talk of disliking fallacy, rolling her eyes again, though it was more demure and muted than the last time. She pushed herself up into a standing position, though her stance wobbled as she adjusted to being fully upright. She had to stumble forward, just barely avoiding knocking into him, before she was able to gain her complete balance. The pleasant buzz rushed and turned into something more akin to a roar. Maybe she was drunker than she thought. Or, at least, now she was. Oh well.

"Moments where I wish I was a prefect," She mumbled, chuckling softly. "But I'd get detention with you happily, Percy." Aaralynn crossed her arms over her chest and peered at him, hit once again with the urge to steal his cigarette. "So you think that people don't change, eh?" She tilted her head and stepped a little closer, doing her best to conceal that she was still incredibly unsteady on her feet. "I thought you didn't care for fallacy. You and I both know that's a barefaced lie." She was living proof of it.

@Archibald Munn

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC Ascension Of Darkness

AUTUMN 2017
Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts. All of our lovely students are back from their summer terms refreshed and (hopefully) ready to buckle down for classes. Join us! :D Please Register using Proper Case!!
BE A LIGHT TO EACH OTHER ♥