of the month!

Add Reply
New Poll

maybe you're a mess but you ain't gonna change, akkey baby face.
Rode Connors
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 12:56 PM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

Rep: 4 pts [ + | - ]
Rode ConnorsGryffindor Beginner
Awards: 13

You know, this wouldn't be an issue if you were stuck in a tree like a normal cat.” Said the young redhead with a soft snort of mild irritation. She was, of course, speaking to the small, slate coloured cat that sat above her, straight backed and smug, on the edge of an impossibly high alcove. The feline twitch its tail in disdain and released an indignant 'meow', as if it found the idea of being compared to an average house cat distasteful. Rode shook her ginger locks at the creature, her lips twitching as she fought against the involuntary smile that threatened to take over her face. “I'm quite annoyed with you right now and half inclined to just leave you,” retorted the Gryffindor, placing her hands on her hips in an attempt to look stern. It was not very effective. Clearly bored with the situation, the cat began cleaning itself with long, steady strokes of its tongue, glancing occasionally at its owner to check her progress. Rode let her eyes slide across the room in search of a solution to no avail. “How did you even get up there...” she murmured as she felt along the wall I front of her in search of a place to grab onto. Her warm breath rushed past her lips as she sighed. No luck.

“I guess we're just going to have to magic you out of this, Vaughn.” The witch produced her wand from the front pocket of her school robes. Just as she was about to cast a levitation charm, the feline's eyes locked onto the magical tool and he let out an eardrum piercing screech, followed by a hostile hiss. Vaughn's ears laid flat against his skull and the hair on his neck bristled out as he bared his teeth. The lioness rolled her eyes. “Come now. I'm not going to turn you into a fish again. I swear. Besides, that was ages ago.” Still apparently traumatized from his time spent in the form of his favourite snack, the cat was having none of it. He retreated from the edge of his perch and repositioned himself just out of the red head's line of sight. “Well shit.” She slipped the wand back into its hiding place. “I hope you're happy up there you rotten little beast.” Her voice continued to bounce around the room as she began searching for a new solution.

Leaving him there obviously wasn’t an option. She worried Vaughn might take matter into his own paws and try to jump down from the ledge. Obviously whatever path he used to climb up there was missing so that didn’t seem to be possible. The soft pitter patter of her feet took over as she considered what she could do.

@Dmitri Haag
OUTFIT

--------------------
Rode Connors!

"There is no one on the planet who is exactly like you. It's incredibly lonely and incredibly freeing at the same time."
PMWebsite
^
Dmitri Haag
 Posted: Mar 17 2017, 01:26 AM
Akkey
7th
Pureblood
Griffindor
18 YEARS
118 posts
His passion is as fiery as his temper

Dmitri HaagGryffindor Beginner
Awards: 15

Wouldn't it be a great day today? Quidditch season was nearing and Dmitri had been going through a lot of problems. First was his unrequited love for a certain Ravenclaw and now his dedushka had found him the worst possible fiance. Yes, an arranged marriage. It was the last thing that Dmitri had thought his family would do in his whole lifetime. And what a time for that too because he was still so deeply in love with his 'crush'.

"Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'Cause I always do."

And when he was in this state of hard luck and feeling down this was the only thing he could think about that actually soothed him, singing and playing music. Guitar in his hands and slung to his shoulder he just got out from his bad news lunch date with a howler and a disgruntled Adalie Connor.

"Maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new. Now I've thought it through."

He was just heading towards the library in order to see if a dear friend was there walking down the halls as he sang his song. Trying hard not to think about anything else or at least not thinking about his situation. Well, it helped him think about his song choices, this song definitely hits him too hard to even worry about anything but the lyrics he was singing.

"Crawling back to you..."

Dmitri stopped before he could continue with the next verse. Not because he wanted to stop being depressed but because he'd come across a girl he must have seen before once or twice but never really talked to. His memory was pristine and he both hated and loved the fact. The girl had apparently been in distress over her pet. Looking up and seeing a small bit of gray fur that would have possibly blended into the alcove if it weren't for the light hitting the windows. Looking at the girl take her wand out and the kitten screeching at her at the sight of it he let out a chuckle.

"Need help?" he asked, moving his guitar to his back.

~~~
@Rode Connors

--------------------
Kinetic Kitsune
#18 - Dmitri "The D" Haag - Chaser
user posted image

Workshop - Plotter - Tracker - Wand
PMEmail
^
Rode Connors
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 02:04 PM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

“Need help?”

Rode turned around to see a face that was vaguely familiar. She wracked her brain trying to remember where. It had to be somewhere she frequented. Maybe the common room? That seemed to make since. In fact, she was almost positive that was it and recalled several memories of him – but not his name. At a loss for ideas, the lioness decided it wasn’t super important for the time being and she decided that she would go ahead and accept his help. She ran a hand through her knotted locks, and shrugged. “Well, yeah actually. My cat, is an idiot and he got stuck and doesn’t really trust magic and I don’t know how to get him.”

An irate meow from above cause the young Irish woman to turn her attention away from the helpful newcomer for a brief moment. He seemed irritated that Rode had called him an idiot. The lioness rolled her eyes at the feline. “I was thinking of maybe getting a ladder, but I don’t know where to find one…” She eyes scanned the room once more, this time they stopped on a larger than life gargoyle statue in a corner. It wasn’t quite tall enough for her to reach the alcove but if she climbed onto the head and Vaugh jumped, it might just work.

Instantly she snapped into action. She let her legs carry her over to the hunk of carved stone. Maybe it wasn’t the easiest way to get him down, but it was what she wanted to do. “Let’s use this. I can’t push it by myself but I think we could do it together. I can climb on it to get and maybe try to get Vaughn to come time me… Do you think you can do it?” Rode bit her lip as she waited for an answer. “I can climb it and stuff. You just have to help me push it. Easy.”

@Dmitri Haag

--------------------
Rode Connors!

"There is no one on the planet who is exactly like you. It's incredibly lonely and incredibly freeing at the same time."
PMWebsite
^
Dmitri Haag
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 10:58 AM
Akkey
7th
Pureblood
Griffindor
18 YEARS
118 posts

It wasn't really grounds for something but Dmitri upon seeing the girl's distress over the stranded kitty who refused magical induced assistance his smile was as genuine as can be. The male lion had no time to initiate a helping hand when the girl eventually climbed onto the gargoyle statue that was just below the said alcove. He looked at the left and the right checking if anyone was around the area. This girl was wearing a skirt and she's climbing up to reach the top of the alcove. That's not something you see every day. Just as the girl had asked for help moving the gargoyle he burst into a brief chuckle.

"Oi lassie, yer steppin' on me 'ed. Wee girl like ye should be more ladylike, ya?" the gargoyle said jokingly, having the same intensity of chuckling as Dmitri's.

"Sorry there, mate," Dmitri said in a friendly tone as he stepped forward patting the gargoyle's foot free shoulder and smiled. he was used to the gargoyle statues around Hogwarts, often times he'd find himself singing around the halls with them adding up melodic background voices. He was definitely taller than the statue, though. Standing at six foot two, he could easily hoist up the girl if she stepped onto his shoulders. "Look, Rode? If I remember correctly. You're Rode right?"

He moved almost under the cat's location which was already accessible to her since she had climbed over at the gargoyle statue.

"Step on my shoulders, I think you can reach Vaughn from here. And yeah I won't look up. Don't worry."

~~~
@Rode Connors

--------------------
Kinetic Kitsune
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rode Connors
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 07:00 AM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

In her hurry to get her troublesome pet down from the alcove, Rode had completely forgotten about the magical nature of most of the artwork around the castle. Thus, when the gargoyle spoke, the young lioness was taken completely by surprise. The sudden distraction caused the girl’s face to turn red and for her to briefly lose her balance. Her arms stuck out and began swirling around as she attempted to regain her footing before reaching out and using the wall for support. “Ladylike behaviour is completely subjective,” the red head grunted as she stabilized herself. She decided to forgive the stony skinned creature for commenting on her actions since she was standing on his head after all and uttered a brief apology to it.

Slowly, Rode turned her head to face her helper when he said her name. “Yeah, that is me. I’d shake your hand and the like but I don’t feel like falling at the moment.” She sized him up as he offered to lift her up to the cat. She didn’t know why she didn’t think of that. She also hadn’t considered the fact that he could see up her skirt if she liked. Oh well, she wasn’t about to change just because somebody might not be able to contain their curiosity.

I think this could just work…” Being only five foot three with a slender frame, she wasn’t so worried about being too heavy. She doubted the other Gryffindor would have offered if he didn’t think he could do it anyways. “Okay here I come!” Gingerly, she stepped off the statue’s head and onto the lion’s shoulders. Once again, she pressed used the wall for support so that she didn’t fall and injure herself. Her cat watched, tail twitching in amusement.

“I suppose now is as good a time as any to ask your name.”

---
@Dmitri Haag

--------------------
Rode Connors!

PMWebsite
^
Dmitri Haag
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 11:35 AM
Akkey
7th
Pureblood
Griffindor
18 YEARS
118 posts

The Gryffindor male chuckled and kept steady. "Of course, we wouldn't want you to fall and flash anyone who might pass by." he joked having a smirk. He'd have seen quite a lot of girls who were unladylike around the castle. Remembering his arranged marriage fiance which he cared enough about to think of the girl's well being and not the fact that very soon he may need to face in a bloody quidditch match. He shuddered and thanked Merlin that he had a friend who was, according to him, the best dang healer he ever met and had a pleasure being best friends with. No one he'd trust more than her when it comes to his physical health and overall sanity during his lovelorn days.

"Oof," Dmitri said lightly as the girl stepped onto his shoulders, surprisingly Rode wasn't very heavy and despite the fact that Dmitri wasn't much of an athlete he was strong enough to carry her. He did carry quite a lot of books for a certain Hufflepuff friend of his every now and then that seemed much heavier. Definitely not looking up his face was staring at the window installed in front of him. It wasn't particularly that hard for the boy to give the girl his word and continue being a gentleman. You see Dmitri was true to what he does and say. It wasn't set in stone, though. At times he would break rules if he has seen fit even when he had followed them before.

"Dmitri, Dmitri Haag." It wasn't very established that when he says his name it was often said in a distinct Russian accent that his father and grandfather had. Aside from this, he didn't usually talk in Russian unless it was with the said two family members or when he felt the need to express himself better. This self-expression was most often than not vulgar words in his native tongue.

"How about you, I haven't quite remembered your last name."

~~~
@Rode Connors

--------------------
Kinetic Kitsune
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rode Connors
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 02:09 PM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

Come on Vaughn!” The red head called to the little cat and held out her arms. The creature meowed and blinked blankly at its owner. Jumping did not seem to appeal to her pet and he remained firmly planted on the alcove ledge. “Are you actually kidding me, you stupid animal. Come here.” Her coaxing didn’t seem to have any affect, however, as the animal continued to stayed put. Rode sighed and leaned against the wall again.

I don’t really plan on falling. Besides, no one else is here and you don’t seem to interested in looking. So, I think I’m good,” she would have laugh had she not been so irritated at Vaughn. Instead, the lioness glared at the grey critter and reached for the edge of the alcove. Her fingertips brushed the ledge barely and her frown deepened. She couldn’t pull herself up from here, not unless she jumped but getting up there would make life so much easier. “Nice to officially meet you Dmitri, my last name is Connors. Not that it’s incredibly important. Also, brace yourself, I’m going to jump.

Rode bent her knees and leapt from Dmitri’s shoulders. She grabbed onto the alcove. She hoisted herself up just enough to hook her arms over the ledge and take a deep breath. Then, slowly she pulled the rest of her body up and collapsed once she reached the top with a breathy laugh. "Take that Vaughn. I win." She got to her knees and grabbed the cat. It hissed and meowed loudly as he struggled against her grip. "So, I’m just don’t to drop him to you, okay and you just have to catch him. You’re going to want to put him down quickly though. He seems pretty pissed. But he shouldn’t scratch you. I’ll turn him into a fish again. Now, where are you from?

@Dmitri Haag

--------------------
Rode Connors!

PMWebsite
^
Dmitri Haag
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 11:58 PM
Akkey
7th
Pureblood
Griffindor
18 YEARS
118 posts

Listening to the girl's cat meowing at her Dmitri felt that the two didn't really see eye to eye. He chuckled as clearly one of the two were backing down from their 'fight'. It was refreshing, unlike the uneasiness and downright unpleasant encounter with Adalie just this lunch time. He did keep the howler, it was from his grandfather but hopefully not because that was one thing he'll need to talk to his family about once he comes home for the summer. This encounter however somewhat alleviated his dismay even for just until he's alone again and in his thoughts.

"Last names are important... Shows you who your family is... Reminds you where you come from... And if you're a guy like me, you can change the name of the one you love... And give them your last name as a sign of that." Dmitri said silently grunting a bit in between his sentences as the girl was clearly having trouble with her feline pet. It was enough to feel the girl's weight as she tried to reach the critter until he felt the weight release the moment Rode had jumped onto the small alcove.

What now? Clearly, she'll have to jump but that's a good ten feet to fall from. Only then did he realize that he girl was planning on throwing him the cat and jumping afterward. He planted a gaze at the gargoyle that Rode had climbed onto as if asking for a little help. "Don't look at me mate. I ain' gettin meself stepped on again."

"Wow. Thanks." Dmitri replied sarcastically at his stone friend. Dmitri looked up slowly to see Rode kneeling on top of the alcove. "Lived in London but my family's originally from Russia."

He readied himself as he always did whenever he was to catch a quaffle during quidditch. "Alright, give me the cat."

~~~
@Rode Connors

--------------------
Kinetic Kitsune
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rode Connors
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 12:16 PM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

Rode gently stroked the cat’s fur, trying to calm the creature down. Despite their differences, she still cared for the animal and would hate for him to hurt himself while she tried to get him off the ledge. As she tried to sooth Vaughn, she decided to continue their conversation. “I mean, I guess that’s a nice way to look at things. I like to let my relationships with people define things, if I’m perfectly honest. My memories remind me of who my family is. Plus, lots of people have the same name but no one can have the same experience as you do,” she smiled at him and shrugged. “Are you in love with someone? I don’t mean to pry or anything. You just talk like you’re in love.

A laugh left her lips as the indignant gargoyle spoke his mind to the other Gryffindor. “[u]Here, let’s just do this. I changed my mind. I can’t throw him. Believe it or not, I actually am kind of fond of him so…[/u]” She slid her dark robes off her shoulders and produced her wand again. After hesitating briefly, the red head muttered the severing spell ‘Diffindo’ and began tearing the garment into as many long strips as she could. Robes were replaceable, plus, she was bound to have at least one more in her closet somewhere. Once she had finished, she began tying the ends together attempting make some sort of makeshift rope.

So,” she began, continuing her little project, “what’s Russia like. Have you been before? I’ve not left the UK before. Hell, I’ve barely left Ireland except to come here. My family aren’t big travelers. Well, my aunt is but she never takes me with her.” She has just about finished her craft and checking the knots once more to make sure everything was secure. It wasn’t quite as long as she was wanting, but she was fairly sure the lion below would be able to reach Vaughn once she lowered him.

Vaughn at taken to unsuccessfully hiding in the corner next to the ginger. She grabbed him and, ignoring his howls of protest, secured the homemade cable around his midsection. “Let’s give this a shot!” she called down, pushing Vaughn over the edge so she could slowly lower him down.

@Dmitri Haag

--------------------
Rode Connors!

PMWebsite
^
Dmitri Haag
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 11:58 AM
Akkey
7th
Pureblood
Griffindor
18 YEARS
118 posts

Was Dmitri Haag in love? The simple answer to that was... "Yes."

And boy was he in love. There was one person that kept on passing by the boy's mind for a solid month. He always felt butterflies in his stomach whenever that person was around. The constant idiotic smile that was plastered on his face whenever he had seen that person. He was deeply in love and that was saying a lot since it was the first time he actually fell into the pit that is his romanticism. The one thing that made him forget instantly about his arranged fiancee problem.

"I am." he then added a grin on his face and a shy blush forming around his cheeks.

Even when he become preoccupied with his thoughts of that Ravenclaw who had kept on both breaking his heart and mending it back again. It wasn't to say that Dmitri was one to forget about the present. He was still focused on the matter at hand being Vaughn and Rode's safety as they try to both find ways down the high alcove. He was shocked and impressed at how Rode had thought of tearing her robe and use it as a rope to hoist down the furry critter.

"Despite how he lashes out at you, you still love him, that's good." He mentioned while he readied himself to receive the cat. "I have a hawk at home named Morsel, I can't exactly have him stay here in Hogwarts with me until he learns not to peck me whenever mail comes up. He always thinks that everything my grandfather sends him is urgent."

It was when Rode had tied her pet and started to bring Vaughn down that Dmitri had the chance to reply to her query. "Russia is very, very cold. I've only been there in the winter breaks and sometimes during my grandfather's quarterly visits. My family decided to stay here because of my mother and grandmother. They're British and my grandfather's pure Russian." At this point Dmitri had gotten the cat in his arms. He wasn't too fond of animals unless they were dogs or feathered but Vaughn was furry, small, and cute. Dmitri adored small things even people who are shorter than him is considered small and cute to him. He petted the cat and removed the strips of robe rope that wrapped his body.

"There ya go Vaughn. Your owner's a good person so try being nicer to her." He crouched down to pet him, after the small encounter he then stood straight and looked up at Rode. "Jump. I'll catch you." his voice was reassuring and cool. He also had a genuine smile on his face. He was feeling better than when he had come from the awful mess at the Great Hall.
~~~
@Rode Connors

--------------------
Kinetic Kitsune
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rode Connors
 Posted: Mar 24 2017, 12:51 PM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

Rode smiled at Dmitri when he told her he was in love. From her vantage point, she couldn’t quite see the blush spread across his face but she could she could see his massive grin. “Well, you seem nice so I hope it works out for you.” Her well wishes were genuine. Not many people would have stopped and helped the redhead without her asking them first. It was a gesture she greatly appreciated. “I’m not normally this nosey but can I ask who with? Or is that personal? Don’t worry if it is. You don’t actually have to tell me."

A soft laughed escaped the lioness’s lips when her fellow Gryffindor commented on her relationship with her cat. “I swear we aren’t normally like this. Usually things are a lot less eventful between us. I mean, Vaughn normally tolerates me more than this. But I think he’s scared right now. I mean, I guess I love him. It’s complicated.” She laughed again as he told her about his pet and shook her head. “Morsel huh? Interesting name choice. Why that? Do people try to eat him or is it because he’s intent on eating you?

When Dmitri plucked Vaughn out of the air, the ungrateful creature hissed and squirmed. The moment his feet hit the ground, he disappeared in a blur of grey as he scampered off. No doubt he was headed back to her room to hide under the bed. Rode doubted that she would see the animal again for the rest of the evening. At least he was safe and had hopefully learned his lesson. She didn’t plan on climbing on anymore sentient statues or destroy any more clothes any time soon. Now to get down…

“Russia sounds… Interesting? I guess I don’t mind the cold. But gosh. Visiting in the winter must be awful. But I guess to be with family. Are you close with your family? I’m pretty close with mine. Or, at least, my parents and my aunt. I never really got to know my grandparents.” She was stalling. While heights weren’t something she feared in the least, it was quite a far jump and breaking an arm was not something she wanted to do tonight. When Dmitri told her to jump, she steeled herself and dropped down from the alcove. She clung to the edge, waiting for the boy to catch her.

@Dmitri Haag

--------------------
Rode Connors!

PMWebsite
^
Dmitri Haag
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 01:43 AM
Akkey
7th
Pureblood
Griffindor
18 YEARS
118 posts

"I hope it does too." He said with a smile. He guessed that maybe everything wouldn't be too bad. He had hopes and dreams and the optimism of a thousand suns. Yes, he may have had some days where he was all but positive. It didn't mean that he couldn't do anything he had set his sights upon. "No, it's no problem really. To be honest I think it's best to let the one you like know that you aren't hiding your affection from them. I'm very much in love with Miles Beckett from Ravenclaw." he was proud of his love interest. And Dmitri was one who would shout at the top of his lungs in a mountaintop to let everyone know that he was in love with the boy. "How about you, Rode? Ever felt for someone before, if you don't mind my asking in return that is."

He then watched as the critter scampered away from the scene. He found it amusing that a kitten like that can be so 'vicious', it almost reminded him of Morsel in some way. Now there was the two of them, Dmitri and Rode. It wasn't uncommon that the corridors would be empty at that time too. He was rather relieved too since it would have been awkward having to be seen with Rode up in the alcove trying t get down with him trying to catch her. Usually, he wasn't one to think about embarrassing himself in a crowd as he had been used to singing and playing in bars back in London. Rode was a lady and for others to see a lady in such a weird predicament he did not want that.

"It's not too bad as long as you bundle up. The only thing I find very uncomfortable there is when people treat and call me a Prince just because of my grandfather. It doesn't really help that he calls me Mitya." he wasn't very fond of being called that but if it was just his grandfather he would accept it. Mitya was a nickname for Dmitri but it was a very endearing nickname that older people would address a younger child. "Prince Mitya sounds like a small kid with a crown on his head to carry on the king's legacy. It doesn't really suit me." He gestured at his six foot two stature and mature stance.

As the female lion jumped and clung to the edge, it wasn't what he imagined it would be, he laughed and went up to grab the girl just above her waist, careful not to have his hands grip tightly. His hands and arms were stable and firm as if he was about to receive a baby to hold. "I got you. Now let go and I'll make sure you land safely." everything about him was gentle this was a trait he had inherited from his father. His father, unlike his grandfather who was very jolly and loved fun above all things. His father, Viktor, was a man who was soft spoken and loved herbology and plants. Every day he would bring roses to his mother and make sure that his family was safe and happy. He was a gentleman.

"I'm very close with my family and I'm glad to know that you're close with yours too."

~~~
@Rode Connors

--------------------
Kinetic Kitsune
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rode Connors
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 01:32 AM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

Rode felt Dmitri’s hands grab her just above her waist. His grip was strong but not too tight and he was making sure not to grab her anywhere uncomfortable. Not that she was surprised, he seemed like the respectful type and she appreciated it. It was nice not to have be on guard during this ordeal. Not many people had enough decency not to look up her skirt. She knew her general chosen attire was rarely suited to her chosen activities and so it was partially her fault, even still she felt people should also take responsibility for their actions.

As he talked about his love interest, the lioness smiled at him. She was quite sure who it was but he did seem happy. Sure, she barely knew the lion but he seemed like a good guy. As nice as he was, she hoped that Miles was a good person. “Well, that’s great. I’m glad you can be open about it and stuff. It’s better than just quietly pining away and not doing anything about it. Although, I can’t really give advice. I don’t actually know anything about love, I’ve never been in love before. I don’t think that I ever will fall in love anyways. I don’t mind though. I’m happy with my life the way it is.

The redhead bit her lip in an attempt to keep herself from laughing. Prince Mitya was not a name that suited him. She scanned the Gryffindor. Actually, she could see him as a prince. Not in the traditional, spoiled little rich boy way, but definitely in the storybook hero sort of way. “Is your family important where you’re from? I don’t really know much about Russia. As soon as I graduate I want to do some traveling. Maybe I’ll take my aunty. She would like that. My mother and father don’t like to travel. I wish they did.

Feeling her feet hit the floor made her feel quite a bit better. She hadn’t realized how much anxiety the ordeal with Vaughn had caused her. She didn’t like feeling stressed and she was glad that part of the day was over. Despite this, she wouldn’t have avoided the situation if given the choice. If she had, she would have never run into Dmitri and gotten to know him better. “Thanks for your help with all this. It made it a lot easier. And I apologize for Vaughn. He’s not the friendliest of creatures but he’s still a good animal."

It’s sad how many people aren’t close with their families.I mean, I’m not judging or anything. Not everyone has nice family, so I guess I can get that. But still,” Rode shrugged and shook her copper locks, “I almost didn’t come here because of my family. My first year was really hard. I wasn’t used to being so far away from them. It’s easier now though. For me and for them.

@Dmitri Haag

--------------------
Rode Connors!

PMWebsite
^
Dmitri Haag
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 01:40 AM
Akkey
7th
Pureblood
Griffindor
18 YEARS
118 posts

As he felt Rode weight it wasn't too heavy nor too light, "Hey, with how pretty of a lady you are I doubt there isn't anyone who'd not think about dating you." he commented with a light chuckle, "And being happy with life is always the end goal isn't it?"

Yes, the Prince story always got weird looks because he really did not look like royalty nor did he grow up in one. His grandfather made sure of that. His father, on the other hand, received the same treatment during his younger days. Dmitri's grandfather never really stopped talking about it and Dmitri's curiosity was often filled by his grandfather's ideals and decisions in the family. Dimitrius was a great man and a good father and grandfather. He wouldn't really call his son Vitya and his grandson Mitya if he wasn't that close to them because both nicknames were a sign of endearment in Russia.

"My grandfather is a descendant of Kirillovich. The reason why we both have the same name, his being Dimitrius and me being Dmitri."

"It's no problem." The weight that he was carrying soon lightened than before he had picked the redhead lioness up from the high alcove and gently down as she then stood on the stone floor. Come to think of it, the castle was almost pure stone no wonder the past winters he would be reminded of Russia in the cold castle if not for the warming charms that cast on most objects in it once winter sets in. Spring was still cold but it wasn't as cold as it was during the snowy days. There were different things to see in the spring and he was happy it was mostly good although it still has a few things he needed to worry about but there's always different times to think about.

Knowing that the girl was now safe he enjoyed how he can just casually talk to her. A new friend. "My family's pretty high up by name and wealth but my grandfather wanted me and my father to live in peace. He's a jolly old man who loves family above all else."

Hearing Rode's small snippet of her first year he remembered how his first year was like. In the contrary to the young lady's, his first year went wonderfully. His second and third were absolute hell to him. Before his looks and how he was wearing clothes that were better fitting and looking on him, he was that eleven-year-old boy who loved wearing ugly Christmas sweaters whenever he would get them for the holidays. He was also that little kid who enjoyed flying on a broom the first day he was in flying classes. The past that he wasn't really hiding nor running away from as it made him the person who he was.

~~~
@Rode Connors

--------------------
Kinetic Kitsune
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rode Connors
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 06:32 AM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

Being roughly one and a half metres tall with a high metabolism and an active lifestyle, the witch was fairly light, weighing in at seven and a half stone. As a child, her bony figure hadn’t been something she cared much about, that was, until she entered her early teens. Watching other girls grow into their bodies had her jealous for a while. Now, though, she had begun to accept herself. So what if her shoulder bones with sharp enough to cut glass and her vibrant hair refused to stay brushed? She was who she was and if someone didn’t like it, that was their problem.

When Dmitri commented on her dating life, Rode couldn’t help but blush and loose a soft laugh. It wasn’t something she really thought about, nor was she very aware of people who might have liked her. “Honestly, I don’t think about it much. I enjoy my independence. Besides, if I’ve learned anything it’s that falling never ends well. I’ve broken enough bones to know that,” she said, gesturing to a faint, jagged scar on her right arm where the bone had broken through the surface of her skin during once such incident, “I’d rather not fall into love and risk breaking my heart as well.

The redhead listened to the other Gryffindor student thoughtfully as he spoke of his family, not bothering to hide her questioning gaze as he spouted information about his family’s status. Even when she was younger, being a princess or a lady had not appealed to her, yet learning about magical families and the important folk in this world fascinated her. The politics and relationships were like those in fantasy tales and movies. It all made her glad for the family which she came from because, no matter what happened, her familial drama was always dwarfed in comparison.

Sometimes, she wished one, or even both, of her parents had been magical. It was hard for them to relate to her life and for her to relate to them. They were so bound by their limited perspective about life and how things worked. Not that she could blame them, her family barely had any experience with magic, save for the few times she had dragged them to Diagon Alley to get supplies for school. During the summer, she missed having people to talk about things like magical beasts and exciting new spells. And heaven forbid they talk about her future. None of them, not even the lioness, knew how that would really go.

Your family sounds a lot more interesting than mine. My father owns an old-fashioned butcher’s Kilkenny and my mother helps out sometimes but she mostly stays home and keeps the house. We don’t live there though. I mean, we live close just not in the city. My grandparents left them their house in country. It’s nice there. I like it. My auntie is a lawyer and works for a small firm in Dublin. Nothing overly exciting. What about the rest of your family?

@Dmitri Haag

--------------------
Rode Connors!

PMWebsite
^
Dmitri Haag
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 03:36 AM
Akkey
7th
Pureblood
Griffindor
18 YEARS
118 posts

Dmitri stepped back onto the other side of the alcove farther from the gargoyle statue where the window was almost directly in front of it. He then dusted the open alcove window's broad ledge and hoisted himself using his palms and arms to sit on it. The male lion then patted at the said ledge to offer Rode a sit as he was enjoying the talk they had. It was soothing, she hadn't really talked to anyone else without worrying too much about how they were about matters of the heart or family. He would talk to Emil but it had always seemed he was rather busy because of the practices he had to attend to due to quidditch and now he will need to attend to practices too at the Kitsune's turn at the pitch.

"You've got a good head on your shoulders then," he grinned as he said the compliment, "You're right to not think about love when it's not really needed. It will come eventually." The advice he may have needed for his own, telling Miles that he was in love with him was easy. Making the Ravenclaw understand that his love was not fleeting nor false. Dmitri took matters of the heart very seriously. He was so much like his father. So gentle despite hailing from a country that was known for its masculine strength. Dmitri's father Viktor Lev Haag, Dmitri's father was a man who tended herbs and plants who was closer to his mother. Dmitri would often see how his father was brought up by his grandfather to be a gentleman through and through. Even after the years of being married Dmitri would often find his father still so very much in love with his mother, Mathilda. That was the beauty of love, wasn't it?

The tall Russian boy enjoyed listening to others' stories much rather than tell his own and hearing Rode's snippets of her family's work and where they were intriguing to him. Muggle families were so interesting to him due to how he was raised to mingle among them. He loved it but also despised that he had to keep his magic to himself.

"Nah, I've lived a normal life." he started with a matter of fact tone. "Not too interesting, and maybe you'll find it that way just because it's magic. We actually live in a quaint little house in London. It was in the city and we lived among muggles. I did go to muggle school too."

He chuckled remembering his childhood, "The teachers didn't like the fact that I spoke Russian even when I knew English." His face was then a painting of pure laughter, "And me not being able to control my magic at that age, my magic manifested when I was getting scolded by them they would freak out to see that either various items kept tipping over tables."

~~~
@Rode Connors

--------------------
Kinetic Kitsune
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rode Connors
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 06:55 AM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

Enjoying the conversation they were having, Rode decided that she would stick around for a bit longer. Most of her responsibilities were finished for then week, anyways, so it wasn’t like she had anything better to do other than wait around for Vaughn to show himself again. Being quite done with the cat, she decided her could take care of himself for the team being for now. The witch joined Dmitri on the alcove, hoisting herself up with her arms after giving a determined jump upwards. The stone was cold against the backs of her thighs, but she didn’t mind. She let her feet swing to and from, pointing her toes in an attempt to touch the floor.

The lioness shrugged her bony shoulders and tilted her head, making her red hair drift to one side. “I like to think so. I do tend to be fairly practical, I think Maybe it’s a good thing, maybe not. I’m not against love or anything. I guess just don’t see it for me yet. Maybe ever. But don’t tell my ma about that last part. I think she wants grand kids one day.” The young witch smiled and shook her head with a soft laugh. “Besides, I’m not sure there’s anyone out there who could handle me. I like to think that I’m quite the wild little beast.” With another giggle, she kicked her heels against the wall causing them to produce a soft thump.

Leaning in, Rode rested her chin on her hand as she listened to Dmitri talk about his childhood. Even though it wasn’t nearly as exciting and foreign as she had expected, she still found it rather interesting to hear about. Her smile turned into a full-fledged grin as he spoke of his magic from when he was younger. “My family likes to tell stories about weird things I did as a child. I think they almost went nuts at the time because they didn’t know what was going on,” the witch spoke with a fond expression on her face, memories of her family almost always made her happy. She brushed a small strand of hair out of her face and continued. “I think the first thing they ever noticed was…” She paused, furrowing her brow as she wracked her brain. “I was probably seven? My aunty swears up and down I turned all of her broccoli into cotton candy.

Her parents had hardly been surprised when they received her school letter. One the one hand, they knew that there was something different about their daughter and it seemed to make some sort of since. The fact that magic existed though… That had been a stretch at first. Her aunt had been the most sceptical and had taken the longest to convince that it was real. To Rode, however, it had just been amazing. She was always drawn to whimsy and adventure, especially in her childhood daydreams. Now, she could hardly imagine a different life. Going to a normal school would have been torturous for the young lioness.

---

@Dmitri Haag

--------------------
Rode Connors!

PMWebsite
^
Dmitri Haag
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 01:28 AM
Akkey
7th
Pureblood
Griffindor
18 YEARS
118 posts

He stared at the outside of the corridor's alcove as he shifted to rest his back against the stone border. Facing the girl but looking deep in thought. The sky was a bright blue with little clouds as the sunlight shown, hard to believe that in two or three hours the wonderful afternoon would be turning into a sunset. "That's a good thing. Being practical about your future especially when it's about love. Love isn't always magic and unicorns. As young as we are it's not really something someone should hold onto just yet." Before he could settle down with his words he gave out a light chuckle. "To be honest I'm not really sure how my relationship with Miles would go. I worry a lot about it as much as I genuinely want to keep him close. Patience isn't my best asset but I would do absolutely anything for the one I love."

He then turned to face the red-headed girl, "I wouldn't forget a promise either." he gave out a big smile. Even when he was scared inside, even if he had light doubts that he would be able to woo the Ravenclaw boy. The lion wanted to try. He wanted to not only for himself but for Miles too, he knew little about the boy but he knew as much that, Miles Beckett was someone who needed affection and love. That's one of the things that Dmitri was more than willing to give to the boy, every single ounce.

Cotton candy. "Huh." He'd been making a habit of saying 'huh' at points wherein he found interest in. Children's magical quirks in early stages and how they can nonverbally and create magic without wands. How was this so? It hadn't really checked in too much into the boy's mind. More often than not he found himself stumbling into it every now and then when he least expected it. When he was younger he was able to control even just a little of his magic. From falling objects to breaking them completely. He had a good childhood and was never expected to grow as something great. His parents never really told him to be 'this' or 'that'. His grandfather also encouraged Dmitri to take on whatever the boy wanted to study. This led the young wizard to enjoy learning all subjects about magic and taking them on as adventures.

"If I was there I'd probably commend you." the lion laughed out. "Any kind of magic is great accomplishment really. Especially if you're muggleborn. I find that they enjoy both worlds more freely."

~~~
@Rode Connors

--------------------
Kinetic Kitsune
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rode Connors
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 11:52 AM
puzzle
7th Year
Halfblood
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
120 posts
”The wind is my hero..."

“It’s funny, not a lot of people back home call me practical. In primary school, teachers were always telling me to get my head out of the clouds,” the redhead laughed, her eyes forming into a pair of tiny, gently sloping hills of joy as she shook her curls. “I’ve always been the dreamer in my family. I never actually thought I would have magic though. It was like a dream come true. And here I was, thinking that kind of stuff only happened in movies.” After receiving her letter to Hogwarts, Rode had refused to sleep for the first two days, afraid that she would wake up and find that it hadn’t happened. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case. She woke up after passing out from sheer exhaustion and the owl was still resting on her bedside table, promising her a whole new world to explore.

Even in her craziest fantasies, she hadn’t pictured herself sitting on a window ledge at a school for witches and wizards, chatting with a boy who grew up in this magical world about relationships and love. “I don’t know much about this kind of stuff. But one of my many life principle is that if you want something, go for it. Only you know what’s best for you and if you think Mile’s is the best thing then don’t listen to anyone else. But those are just my thoughts.” Rode shrugged as she gave her advice, hoping he might find it somewhat helpful.

Why magical folk were intrigued by muggles was beyond Rode. They had all the exciting things, from dragons to pixies to talking paintings. Even if she had been around it her whole life, the girl doubted she would ever get bored. There was just so much to experience and see and none of it was dull and mundane. Still, she was happy with her family and, if forced to choose, she would have chosen her family every time, even if it meant missing out on the adventure of a life time.

“I think my parents are a little intimidated by magic. I think, to them, it’s just scary. They don’t understand it. I mean, it was as new to me as it was to them. I think they handled it well though. I’m surprised that they let me come in the first place. But I’m glad they did. I love it here.”
---

@Dmitri Haag

--------------------
Rode Connors!

PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning Sunset To Sunrise Avalon a Panfandom RP

Welcome to WR! We are an alternate universe HP roleplay set in the present day Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The current term is Spring 2017! Please register with a FIRST AND LAST NAME properly capitalised.