CLASH:
Undecided
HEIGHT:
Pureblood
Rep: 3 pts [ + | - ]

Starling Bonham
© Becca //
Awards: 15

It was her sister's voice that was stuck in her head. It was like metal scraping glass in her heart. She didn't really care much for what her sister had to say. After all, Lark hadn't really cared much about her for almost two decades now. Why would Starling start to care?

But she did care. A little. Because Lark had struck a nerve that left Starling raw. They had, once again, been fighting over Starling's grades. Her sister was of the impression that Starling wasn't going to be able to achieve her dreams if she kept on the way she was. Starling had reacted my yelling, screaming, making biting remarks, and even threatening her sister. She was having none of the negativity. It was poison to her soul.

But, secretly, she feared that her sister was right. She'd had that fear long before her sister had ever noticed to mention anything. And it was more prominent now that she had.

After the fight, Starling had wandered around the castle until she foudn her favorite hiding place. The pool was supposed to be elusive but it had called to Starling in her second year. She'd stumbled upon it by accident after a nasty run-in with her least favorite cousin. And it soothed her like water always did.

It was weird because it wasn't water from the earth. It was certainly wizard-made. It was a pool, after all. But it comforted her nonetheless just to be near it. For some reason, water made Starling feel calm. It was something about reflections maybe. Or depth. She wasn't sure in the moment. Her brain was on fire with stress and anxiety.

What if she really couldn't do it? What if she was actually ruining her future?

"You're a complete idiot," Starling told her reflection. She allowed the echo to bounce off of the walls and punch her in the face like she felt she deserved. "You ruin everything."

The Slytherin lay back against the wall and heaved a heavy sigh. Even if she admitted that her sister was right, she had no idea where to begin cleaning up the mess she'd made.

@Paley Gordon

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Paley Gordon
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 03:56 AM

"Advanced Member"

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
Rep: 1 pts [ + | - ]

Paley Gordon
© Amber //
Awards: None

Paley had been called many things. Manipulative, selfish, egotistical, evil. She'd even been called some not so nice words that she wore with honor, but never repeated because she was a lady, of course. In all her years at Hogwarts though, she'd never been called someone's friend. It wasn't as if it bothered her to not have any friends - she didn't think it did at least. But sometimes when the stress of being responsible for her family's future got to be too much, it would have been nice to have someone to talk to.

No one was going to talk to her though. No one was going to magically look past all the anger and venom the snake carried just behind her fangs. She was hopelessly alone in the entire school, and as a seventh year, it didn't look as if that was going to be changing any time soon.

The secluded pool was always a good place for her to think. It was difficult to find and wasn't highly trafficked. She could spend hours down here and no one would bother her - and no one would miss her. More often than not, she would throw on a bathing suit and come for a swim - not for the exercise, but for a place to cry where no one would find her. It was between this and the girl's bathroom on the second floor. Today, she'd chosen the pool.

The blonde wasn't sure where this tide of emotions had come from, but they'd struck her as she was walking down a corridor filled with people. Overwhelmed with a desire to burst into tears, the Slytherin had forced the heavy droplets to remain where they were until she could run to this corridor. Casting a silence spell around her, she went ahead and let herself have a good cry, about nothing, or everything, or something in between.

Coming up upon the pool and seeing the shape of a person, the panic caused her silent sobs to immediately stop, and she quickly cast spells to make her face look as perfect as it had when she'd left her room this morning before she continued to walk into the room with the pool. A devilish smile appeared on her face when she realized the person already here was Starling Bonham. There was something about the younger snake that bothered Paley more than anything, but she couldn't place it. Oh well, no matter. Using the Silent Bubble charm to her advantage, she snuck up behind her housemate and unceremoniously shoved her into the pool.

---
@Starling Bonham
PM
^
Starling Bonham
 Posted: Dec 18 2016, 04:19 AM

"poison spreads"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
Undecided
HEIGHT:
Pureblood

Starling Bonham
© Becca //

starling? more like swearling!

The Slytherin's first thought was that someone had grabbed her and randomly apparated somewhere incredibly cold. It felt like she had been swallowed by an ice monster. The chill on her skin was like an electrocution. It didn't take her long to realize that she couldn't breathe. She tried opening her eyes but her long, tangled mass of hair was stuck to her face and she couldn't see. She remained still, an attempt to figure out what was going on. Only when the top of her head broke the surface as she floated did she realize what had happened. She pushed herself up and out of the pool, shoving her hair to the side as she looked around for the perpetrator.

Paley.

Mother. Fucking. Paley.

The brunette clenched her jaw as she pushed herself out of the pool and quickly used a drying spell to resituate herself. Unfortunately, her hair would need to be tamed at a later time. She didn't bother with a warming spell. She didn't need one with the rage that was growing like an angry fire inside of her. She composed her face into a half-snarl half-smile.

"So desperate to get rid of your competition that you've stooped to murder? Drowning is not effective if you don't actually hold me under the water, Paley. I'm sure you know how oxygen works?" She spoke slowly, calmly, as she adjusted her clothing and pulled her hair back into a ponytail.

She stepped up to her fellow snake and gave her a once over. Confronting Paley had just become routine lately but this particular occurrence felt different. What was Paley doing at the pool? There were only two reasons people ever went to secluded parts of the castle. The first was for...well, dirty unspeakable things. The second was for the precise reason that Starling had been there; to experience misery in silence and isolation.

Her first instinct was to taunt the other girl about her misery, but something about the older Slytherin made it difficult to do so. She took a deep breath and huffed, her expression clearly agitated.

"Did you follow me or just happen to find me in one of the most obscure parts of Hogwarts?" she asked, her tone level and bored. She put one hand on her hip and tilted her head to the side, expecting the shrill shriek she hated so much to exude from her companion.

At the very least Paley's dramatics would be a long enough stall for Starling to figure out what she had been doing there. Waiting for a lover was the obvious lie but it would be easily debunked if no one ever showed up. That, and, Paley was, incidentally one of the people in the castle who had an inkling of an idea that Starling was not the party girl she pretended to be.

Of course, it was unspoken that honesty was not an option. Maybe Paley just wouldn't ask.

@Paley Grinchdom

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Paley Gordon
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 12:50 PM

"Advanced Member"

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:

Paley Gordon
© Amber //

The sight of Starling looking very much like a drowned rat brought a lot of joy to Paley. As the younger snake crawled her way out of the pool, dripping wet and looking positively livid, the blonde couldn't help but let out a mocking laugh. She removed the charm she'd placed on herself and shook her head as she looked at her housemate. "Honestly, I think that's a much better look for you than whatever you normally try to do with-" she vaguely gestured to all of Starling. "-all that." Much like a jungle cat stalking their prey, Paley began to walk in a semi-circle back and forth around Starling before the other girl's words stopped her in her tracks.

Slowly turning to her with a painfully confused expression, she couldn't help but let out a huff of a laugh. "I'm sorry, did you just call yourself my 'competition'? I don't know what sort of fantasy world you were playing out all alone back here, but in this world, the real world, we're not even playing the same game, much less in any sort of competition. I'm smarter than you. Prettier than you. My fiance is a much better man than, well. You've not got anyone, have you? Ah, and the kicker - my parents actually wanted me. So yeah. I'd say I'm in the big leagues and you're kicking rocks." She crossed her arms, cocking her head to the side. "And if I wanted you dead, you would be."

Starling's eyes help a suspicious glint to them, and Paley would be remiss to say that she didn't feel a slight hitch in her breath, a small stumble in her confident gait. In that moment, it felt as though the brunette could see right though all the smoke and mirrors that Paley kept up. Her accusation only cause the blonde to falter a bit more before shaking her head and regaining her composure. "I'm sure you think I'm obsessed with you or some nonsense, but no. I didn't follow you. I'm not sneaking down here in hopes to find you here. I was coming here for my own reasons, and honestly, you've kind of ruined all my plans now, which is very rude."

Her gaze fell to the puddle of water that was manifesting at Starling's feet, each droplet that fell from her body causing another ripple to travel across the surface. For some reason is resonated with her, calming her, and forcing her to look into the eyes of the girl that she'd just been insulting moment before. "So what brings you to my thinking spot then, hm?" she asked, sounding kinder and more gentle than she had before. "Not a lot of people like to come here. It's kind of a pain to get to. Just really surprised to see you here." The tranquility of her words felt cloyingly sweet on her tongue, but no bitterness found its way up to replace it.

---
@Starling Bonham
PM
^
Starling Bonham
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 09:07 AM

"poison spreads"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
Undecided
HEIGHT:
Pureblood

Starling Bonham
© Becca //

The little bird felt that she should have been angrier. The tips of her blue feathers were alight with the beginnings of a fire but she had yet to burst into flame. The sound of Paley's voice did nothing to incite the incineration like it normally would have.

"That really explains your dreadful sense of style." Her voice fell flat, sounded casual. She racked her brain for a reason. It couldn't be that she was tired of fighting with Paley. They had been at it for at least four years now. And it couldn't be that she was going soft. Her hazel eyes swept over the blonde's form carefully and a familiar sensation tugged at her core. There was something off about Paley. She wasn't pissing Starling off because she wasn't throwing enough fuel on the fire. Sure, her words were just as stupidly rude as ever and her voice was just as shrill. But her eyes didn't dance like they usually did.

Stupid thing to notice, Star.

Starling smiled as she listened to Paley go on. Her threats meant nothing to the dark-haired snake and the mention of her parents just came from a place of Paley's own insecurities. Maybe it was that they were all too similar. It didn't really seem like it from the outside but Starling had been dueling with Paley for so long that it was almost like a well-rehearsed play. Their insults were sometimes so familiar that they seemed to blend together and she couldn't tell from whose mouth they had come.

"Actually," Starling said, matter-of-factly, "My parents do want me. The ones who count, anyway. Unlike most pureblood families my sisters and I have the great privilege of being more than just game pieces. Our family actually thinks of us as human beings. I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about, though. I bet you stopped paying attention to things once you realized you were pretty enough to get a rich husband. That doesn't make you smart. It makes you pathetic."

The girl looked around at her surroundings pointedly. "What plans?" she asked. "Were you going to throw a party?" Her eyes wandered back to Paley's face, curious again about what might be holding her back. Not that she was being any nicer than usual. But there was still that strange...

Oh. All at once it hit Starling. She realized, as Paley started to drop her attitude, that the other girl must have realized it, too. The one thing that they both had in common must have been the same thing that brought them here.

Loneliness. But not just any kind of loneliness. The kind you build yourself like an empire from the ground.

"I like the water," she answered, simply, feeling stupid for wanting to laugh at the irony.

@Paley Grinchdom

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Paley Gordon
 Posted: May 13 2017, 08:11 PM

"Advanced Member"

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:

Paley Gordon
© Amber //

Paley was silent for much longer than she intended, but she couldn't even bother to form words with the thoughts flying across her mind. She disliked Starling, of course, but as she racked her brain, she couldn't even sort out where this whole thing had begun. What had happened between the two of them that caused them to want to be absolutely horrid to each other? Brow furrowed, the blonde let out a soft sigh as she realized that she had no idea why the younger snake was her desired target all the time. Of course, it was too late now. They'd engaged in this stupid routine and Paley certainly wasn't going to be the first one to step back.

"Your insults are weak today," the seventh year accused, speaking as much to herself as she was her nemesis. "It's like you don't even care if I walk away with hurt feelings. Not that you ever could affect me like that with your pitiful little barbs against my impenetrable skin, but honestly, you're not even trying. I'm more than a little bit offended."

A party, the brunette suggested. The very notion nearly caused a bitter laugh to spill past her lips but she managed to regain her composure and silence. If Paley Gordon threw a party, who would even want to come? Who would look at their schedules and with a happy smile on their face say 'Oh yes, Paley is having a party. Let's completely ignore everything else we've got to do to go spend time with that wonderful piece of human.' Right. No one would ever drop their evening plans to be around her. With a glance back to Starling, she couldn't help but wonder if they were in the same boat. If Starling threw a party, would anyone come? Of course not. That was one of the things Paley often made fun of when it came to the other snake, her lack of friends, the fact that she was always alone. Maybe she really was projecting with her insults.

The blonde clenched her fists for a moment before moving to the pool to dangle her feet in the water. "I like the water too," she admitted, almost sounding defeated. What was there to even fight over anymore? She kicked her feet in the water, causing tiny splashes. She felt like she wanted to fall into the rippling blue, and just float away from everything, but she knew the weight of her responsibilities would drown her.

She was silent for a long while. "I've come to the realization that everyone hates me," she breathed, shaking her head. She didn't expect to be this pathetic when she rolled out of bed this morning.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC Ascension Of Darkness DW

AUTUMN 2017
Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts. All of our lovely students are back from their summer terms refreshed and (hopefully) ready to buckle down for classes. Join us! :D Please Register using Proper Case!!
BE A LIGHT TO EACH OTHER ♥