64 posts
Now you see me--

Rep: 2 pts [ + | - ]
Alston ByrneSlytherin
Awards: None

Name: Alston Byrne
Year: 6th Year
Bloodline: Halfblood
Do you have more than one character? If yes, did you get permission to make this one, and from which admin?: Yes, Tine <3
Appearance: N/A
Personality:

Quite possibly the modern incarnation of the trickster god Loki, Alston Bryne is a mischievous and clever boy who excels in speaking in rhymes and confusing the people around him with cryptic riddles. No one is an exception to his tricks and pranks, not even his family or his close friends.

He is extremely arrogant and believes in his innate ability to analyze and examine scenarios in ways that other people could only dream of doing. In many cases, this trait allows Alston to find loopholes to get himself out of real trouble or harm. He has a tendency to avoid confrontations head-on and will attempt to talk himself out of sticky situations. If he encounters someone stronger than him, Alston will try his best to weasel his way out of harm’s way. He thinks confrontations are too troublesome to deal with. In most cases, he is extremely successful at it as he is skilled with words. He feels little to no remorse for the consequence of his pranks in most cases. To Alston, it is always only a game. There is no fun in being honorable, so he doesn’t see the benefit of modern-day chivalry. He will take any opportunity he can seize if it makes life easier for him. When asked for a favor, he will often ask “What will you do for me in return?”

He is a neutral character by and far. Depending on his mood or the time of the day, he can be both cowardly and heroic. Alston dislikes forming allegiances because allegiances tie him down. He likes to be part of all allegiances so that he may have access to all types of people he can use. He does not follow the rules of normal convention and instead chooses to forge his own rules that only he knows about. While he does not openly fight against authority, he dislikes and rarely pays attention to classroom rules. Professors have a difficult time getting Alston to pay attention in class. Despite not focusing much of his time on studying, Alston is clever and manages to maintain good grades. He is naturally talented at memorization and does not need need to put much effort into studying.

Alston is extremely perceptive about other people and their feelings. To him, people are like open books. However, he rarely will comment on it because it is none of his business and it is not in his character to comment on it. He suspects that people would suspect him for pulling a prank, anyhow. For closer friends, he might speak up if concerned, but even then, that is rare. He would rather pull a prank to cheer someone than to do something as troublesome as talk about feelings.

Like the infamous Loki, Alston enjoys pulling on unsuspecting students as they walk to class. Part of it is because he enjoys the attention. However, more importantly, Alston just wants to enjoy life to the fullest. He sees pranks as a way to pass the dull monotony of school. However, despite his seemingly uncaring views about school, he will do whatever it takes to get good grades because he genuinely wants to succeed for his parents’ sake. Given his humble background compared to the richer kids, he wants to prove that he is better than them. His close friends might even call him bitter.

He has a few redeeming traits. One of these is that he always treats creatures with respect. He talks to house elves as if they were his good friends. During certain times of the year, such as Christmas, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the boy in the kitchen, handing little Christmas gifts to the house elves. He has never once disrespected a creature, which is much better treatment compared to how he treats humans. Another redeeming trait is that his jokes are never too harmful, as he draws a hard line over playful and harmful jokes.

Once a prankster, always a prankster. He always accepts offers to date, but will almost end up pranking his poor partner. After all, there were many times his date would end up waking up in the middle of the forest.

Character Background:

Born in Ireland, Alston Bryne led a mostly normal childhood with his nerdish parents who ran the local bookstore, “The Dark Fae.” His mother was a witch and an alumni of the Hogwarts wizarding school, but didn’t bother informing her husband of this very important fact until after the wedding, citing that it would be too late then for him to change his mind. While shocked and having his world turned upside down, the man took everything in stride, but complained that his wife should have told him earlier lest he get a heart attack from the amount of surprise she was giving him. (At the same time, she told him she was pregnant with his child.)

Alston spent most of his time near the streets of the bookstore, where he went on local adventures with the other Muggle children. Clearly, he was a wizard. There were times when their make-believe stories would turn real, and the boy would not know why until his fifth birthday when his mother, using the same tone she used to tell her husband she was a witch, told her son the same thing. The boy was much less surprised than his father, as he always suspected that something was wrong. His mother told him sternly that he’d have to hide his magic use from the other children. Alston responded with a cheeky grin and a “but what’s in it for me, dear mother? You’ll have to bargain with this kid if you don’t want him spilling any secrets.” He was rewarded with a whack to the head.

Every summer, his family would make an annual trip to Stonehenge. Considering how it was a trip done each and every year, the Irish boy soon grew bored and wandered off from the tour group. He found a good place to dance to pass the time until he found his potential victim, a girl who was in a similar dilemma. Deciding that he would entertain the both of them, he shouted at her. Feeling mischievous, he greeted her before claiming to be one of the fae and that she was a Changeling who was switched at birth. Fortunately for him, it looked like the poor fool was believing everything he said. She told him her name, Renée de Rose d'Argent, which was perhaps the girl’s most dire mistake. After exchanging more words with his victim, he realized she was a witch. Not liking the situation, he touched the portkey given to him by his parents for an emergency and warped away.

As he grew older, he went back to Stonehenge but his visits all ended in vain. He could not find the girl again, and he doubted that she lived in Stonehenge. He made a promise to find the girl once he had the means to. Maybe it was to prank her again or maybe it was to apologize. It probably would depend on his mood at the time.

At school, though he lived a relatively normal life as a kid, he always tried to garnish his backstory. No one knew him well enough to pick at his lies. He was good at getting out of doing homework, as he always managed to find the answers one way or another.

On his second year, he saw his victim Renée during her Sorting Ceremony. Smiling devilishly at the girl, he prayed that his beloved victim would be in the same house as him. However, a part of him wondered if the girl had remembered who he was. Their meeting had been transient, and she likely must have forgotten. That was even better because he would have the upper hand.

The Sorting Hat is placed on your head. What are you thinking at that moment?: “I will swear no loyalty to any house, so maybe you could place me in Hogsmeade or the Forbidden Forest? Though dear hat if a house is necessary, dare I make a greedy request? Place me in a house where I will have the necessary resources to become someone powerful enough to defy death--might I add, without turning ugly, insane, obsessive, or anything unsavory. I prefer myself the way I am now.”
Special Request (available at Novice**) Eventually an Animagus for no other reason other than the fact that Loki was a shapeshifter.

OOC Name: Jynx
Your Pronouns: (he, she, they, etc.) She
How did you find out about Wizarding Realm? Google
PM
^
Alston Byrne
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 04:23 AM
Jynx
6th
Halfblood
SlytherWIN
17 YEARS
64 posts
Now you see me--

Rep: 2 pts [ + | - ]
Alston ByrneSlytherin
Awards: None

Name: Alston Byrne
Year: 6th Year
Bloodline: Halfblood
Do you have more than one character? If yes, did you get permission to make this one, and from which admin?: Yes, Tine <3
Appearance:
Standing at 6'3” feet tall, Alston Byrne might as well be a jötunn, much like Loki was part god and giant. He inherited his mother's dark brown hair. However, unlike his mother, he tends to keep it better maintained and at a decent length. He spends around three minutes every morning combing out the tangles in his hair. The boy's eyes are oval-shaped and a dark hazelnut. These eyes, he inherited from his father, which he supposes is better because his mother tends to scare him so inheriting anything from her is overall scary. Eye bags tend to accompany his eyes because he rarely gets enough sleep from sneaking out so often at night. He possesses a sharp chin, which he keeps clean by shaving every so often. He has a lithe physique, which he maintains by exercising daily. Some of his more favorite activities are swimming and running, but he gets enough exercise from running away from the victims he pranks. His fingers are long and slender, a trait he finds annoying because his mother constantly tells him he was meant to play the piano. Despite falling and tripping over everything as a child, he has no visible scars. That is because his mother would heal all of his wounds with magic. As a result, he has no blemishes on his perfect skin.

For attire, he generally sticks to the darker colors. Alston is willing to wear anything for the sake of his pranks. He has once dressed as a hobo, a trash-can, and a troll. Outside of his pranks, he wears casual outfits such as t shirts with random sayings and jeans that look like a cat clawed through them. To spite his mother, he likes wearing black clothing in particular because his mother tends to associate black with dark wizards. (Her side of the family had a lot of dark wizards, so she was particularly careful about keeping an eye on Alston while he was growing up lest he develop some sinister personality.)

Personality:

Quite possibly the modern incarnation of the trickster god Loki, Alston Byrne is mischievous as he is clever. He excels in confusing the people around him with cryptic riddles. When he feels up to it, he can maintain speaking in only rhymes and iambic pentameter for long periods of time. It drives his mother nuts, who will often speak Shakesperean to retaliate. As a result, the boy is somewhat fearful of all things Shakespeare. The fluency in literary devices owes to the fact that his parents own a local Muggle bookstore in Ireland, which exposed the boy on to an array of book nerds and English literature. Most of the wily tricks and pranks are based on literature that he has read. He may very well be the Loki, Puck, and Gabriel of this world because the boy spares no one when it comes to his pranks, not even his family or his close friends.

If one was to measure his ego, it would be the size of the universe. Alston is extremely arrogant and highly confident in his innate ability to analyze and examine scenarios in ways that other people could only dream of doing. In many cases, this trait has allowed Alston to find loopholes to get himself out of real trouble or harm. He has a tendency to avoid confrontations head-on and will attempt to talk himself out of sticky situations. If he encounters someone stronger than him, Alston will try his best to weasel his way out of harm’s way, even if it means throwing his friends under the bridge to save his own skin. He thinks confrontations are too troublesome to deal with. In most cases, he is extremely successful at avoiding consequences as he is skilled with words. When he wants to be, he can be very persuasive. He feels little to no remorse for the consequence of his pranks in most cases. To Alston, it is always only a game. There is no fun in being honorable, so he doesn’t see the benefit of modern-day chivalry. He takes any opportunity he can seize if it makes life easier for him. When asked for a favor, he will often ask “What will you do for me in return?”

He is a neutral character by and far. Depending on his mood or the time of the day, he can be both cowardly and heroic. Alston dislikes forming allegiances because allegiances tie him down. He likes to be part of all allegiances so that he may have access to all types of people he can use. He does not follow normal convention and instead chooses to forge his own rules that only he knows about. While he does not openly fight against authority, he dislikes and rarely pays attention to classroom rules. Professors have a difficult time getting Alston to pay attention in class. Despite not focusing much of his time on studying, Alston is clever and manages to maintain very good grades. Unfortunately, he is gifted with an eidetic memory, so he rarely needs to study. Coupled with his memory is his ability to learn new concepts easily, so it's no wonder the boy can be too arrogant.

Alston is extremely perceptive about other people and their feelings. To him, people are like open books. However, he rarely will comment on it because it is none of his business and it is not in his character to comment on it. He suspects that people would suspect him for pulling a prank if he tried to help them, anyhow. For closer friends, he might speak up if concerned, but even then, that is rare. He would rather pull a prank to cheer someone than to do something as troublesome as to talk about feelings.

Like the infamous Loki, Alston enjoys pulling pranks on unsuspecting people. Part of it is because he enjoys the attention. However, more importantly, Alston wants to enjoy life to the fullest. He sees pranks as a way to pass the dull monotony of school. However, despite his seemingly uncaring views about school, he will do whatever it takes to get good grades because he genuinely wants to succeed for his parents’ sake. Given his humble background compared to the richer kids, he wants to prove that he is better than them. His close friends might even call him bitter.

He has a few redeeming traits. One of these is that he always treats creatures with respect. He talks to house elves as if they were his good friends. During certain times of the year, such as Christmas, it isn't surprising to see the boy in the kitchen, handing little Christmas gifts to the house elves. And ultimately, while he pulls pranks, the pranks are never too severe (in his opinion). Once a prankster, always a prankster. He always accepts dates, but will almost end up doing something absurd. After all, there were many times his date would end up waking up in the middle of the forest.

Character Background:

Born in Ireland, Alston Bryne led a mostly normal childhood with his nerdish parents who ran the local bookstore The Dark Fae. His mother was a witch and an alumni of the Hogwarts wizarding school, but didn’t bother informing her husband of this very important fact until after the wedding, citing that it would be too late then for him to change his mind. While shocked at having his world turned upside down, the man took everything in stride, but complained that his wife should have told him earlier lest he get a heart attack from the amount of surprise she was giving him. (At the same time, she told him she was pregnant with his child.)

His father was a science-fiction and fantasy novelist, while his mother wrote for a witch gossipping magazine. It was an interesting combination of personalities to grow up with, to say the least. Alston spent most of his early days on the streets of where his parents' bookstore was located. He went on many local adventures with the other Muggle children. His innate magical powers would often kick in at the most oddest of times. There were times when their make-believe stories would turn real, and the boy would not know why until his fifth birthday when his mother, using the same tone she used to tell her husband she was a witch, told her son the same thing (minus the “by the way, I'm pregnant” part). The boy was much less surprised than his father, as he always suspected that something was different with him. His mother told him sternly that he’d have to hide his magic from the other children. Alston responded with a cheeky grin and a “but what’s in it for me, dear mother? You’ll have to bargain with this kid if you don’t want him spilling any secrets.” He was rewarded with a whack to the head.

Every summer, his family would make an annual trip to Stonehenge. It was a tradition of sorts, for Alston's mother's side of the family was known to have birthed many a dark wizard. It was family custom to bring their children to Stonehenge as there was some sort of rumor that the location cleansed evil (in their family, anyway). Considering how it was a trip done each and every year, the Irish boy soon grew bored and wandered off from the tour group. He found a good place to dance to pass the time until he found his potential victim, a girl who was in a similar dilemma. Deciding that he would entertain the both of them, he shouted at her. Feeling mischievous, he greeted her before claiming to be one of the fae and that she was a Changeling who was switched at birth. Fortunately for him, it looked like the poor fool was believing everything he said. She told him her name, Renée de Rose d'Argent, which was perhaps the girl’s most dire mistake. After exchanging more words with his victim, he realized she was a witch. Not liking the situation, he touched the portkey given to him by his parents for an emergency and warped away.

As he grew older, he went back to Stonehenge but his visits all ended in vain. He could not find the girl again, and he doubted that she lived in Stonehenge. He made a promise to find the girl once he had the means to. Maybe it was to prank her again or maybe it was to apologize. It probably would depend on his mood at the time.

Once he started school, that was when the chaos began. His first claim was that he was part fae, troll, human, and god. Though he lived a relatively normal life as a kid, he told elaborate lies about his background when he was at school. No one knew him well enough to pick at his lies, so no one ever found out the truth. Considering how he spent most of his time lollygagging, he became skilled at getting out of doing homework, as he always managed to find the answers one way or another.

On his second year, he saw his victim Renée during her Sorting Ceremony. Smiling devilishly at the girl, he prayed that his beloved victim would be in the same house as him. However, a part of him wondered if the girl had remembered who he was. Their meeting had been transient, and she likely must have forgotten. That was even better because he would have the upper hand.

The Sorting Hat is placed on your head. What are you thinking at that moment?: “I will swear no loyalty to any house, so maybe you could place me in Hogsmeade or the Forbidden Forest? Though dear hat if a house is necessary, dare I make a greedy request? Place me in a house where I will have the necessary resources to become someone powerful enough to defy death--might I add, without turning ugly, insane, obsessive, or anything unsavory. I prefer myself the way I am now.”
Special Request (available at Novice**) Eventually an Animagus for no other reason other than the fact that Loki was a shapeshifter.

OOC Name: Jynx
Your Pronouns: (he, she, they, etc.) She
How did you find out about Wizarding Realm? Google
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning Sunset To Sunrise Avalon a Panfandom RP

Welcome to WR! We are an alternate universe HP roleplay set in the present day Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The current term is Spring 2017! Please register with a FIRST AND LAST NAME properly capitalised.