Wizarding Realm -> Going up or going down?
Staff
House points
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
Slytherin
Head Students
Prefects
of the months

Add Reply
New Poll

Going up or going down?, with Kegan
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 02:05 AM

""Where am I needed?" - Soraka"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)
Rep: 21 pts [ + | - ]

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them
Awards: 42

After dropping by the communal common room where Aki had met and befriended one Quinlan Bemus it was around a few more hours until curfew that she had been able to walk out of the large joint study room. Closing the large double doors behind her she smiled happily before going her way. Her large books at hand, they weren't really too heavy. They just looked very bulky. Although she was used to carrying large books on a daily basis that maybe what's light to her was already heavy to others.

She peeked out as she reached the corridor to the staircases, making sure that she was going where a staircase was and made sure that it did not move. After five years of staying in Hogwarts you'd think that the small lamb-like girl was used to her magical surroundings. She slipped as a staircase immediately tried to affixing itself on the landing. No matter how clumsy the girl was she always thought of the good things like it was a good thing that the staircase was going up instead of down and that she had the thicker books this time instead of the smaller ones else they would have fit in the holes of the staircases' design.

It was the wrong staircase, what she wanted was the next interchanging that would be able to lead her to a landing where the next staircase refused to move until she had gotten down to her destination. And the said staircase had taken a liking to the girl as it would always immediately change course to help her get to the dungeons. Even when the staircases were non-vocal and that they move on a whim she took the time to talk to them whenever she was able to. They were moving after all. Much like when she first refused to eat chocolate frogs unless she knew they were enchanted and not really 'alive'.

" I thought you were my staircase down was already there. Too many books today. I shouldn't have gotten too many but I needed them for Quidditch Healing internship." she said gently. "Thank you for not moving while I lost my balance, I would have fallen and died if you hadn't."

~~~
@Kegan Strider

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

Playing duck duck user posted image since March 3, 2017

Workshop - Tracker - Wand

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Kegan Strider
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 02:52 AM

"Member"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
Muggle born.
Rep: 0 pts [ + | - ]

Kegan Strider
© malandor //
Awards: None

Kegan was understandably annoyed at this school. It was his first day having only just arrived about an hour ago. The knight bus having brought him on in and dropped him on off out front. Most would think he had spent that time taking his things up towards the tower that he was told would now be his home while within these walls. But the truth was his things had already been sent on ahead of him and placed up in the room for when he arrived. Kegan had instead been around the back of the castle taking his frustration out on the thick stone bricks that made up the magnificent structure.

He had spent most of his time hiding away having not yet met a single student at least not properly, he had seen a few and a few smiled and recognised his existence, but in truth while hidden around behind the castle where no one else was he spent his time slowly driving his fists into the solid stone works. He had done something similar back home with his Makiwara board.

Quick hard strikes with his fists against a solid piece of wood that was wrapped in a rough rope and while that could leave his knuckles scraped and damaged it was nothing compared to the mess that they were in now. the knuckles were bruised and scraped with blood trickling from them as he managed to sneak into the halls and towards a staircase that was soon as he was half way up it beginning to move causing him to stumble for a long moment. Before grabbing the railing and then looking on up to find himself face to face with a student from Gryffindor.

No, wait he thought as he looked carefully over her noting that she wore not the red that Gryffindor wore but yellow and he figured she had to be a Hufflepuff. "Ah, you talking to me?" he asked with a confused look on his face and his lips sliding between his teeth as the dark haired young man did not realise that she could easily see his knuckles that were all scraped and bleeding still.
PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 12:26 PM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

The sound of another person's voice took the Japanese girl by surprise. She looked up from her fall to the ground as she was gathering her fallen books only to see a boy who looked roughly the same age as her. "O-oh, hello." she started her voice a little cautious as the new face had taken her by surprise, "I haven't seen you around here before. Are you by any chance new?" she had gotten used to the transferees around school lately. The influx of Beauxbaton students transferring to Hogwarts had become quite an amount that wasn't very expected as it was the early spring time.

It wasn't when she looked down again to lift her now neat books that she noticed the trail of blood droplets at the stairs from below the landing they were on.

"Oh my," she would have exclaimed if it weren't for her soft voice, looking both curiously and concerned. "You're hurt, what happened?"

It wasn't like she hadn't already figured out what had caused the injury. She'd seen a lot of injuries and this was definitely self-caused. Aki immediately stood up and took both the boy's hands as gently and as lightly as she could. Seeing the blood all over the burst skin she had a pained look on her face as if to almost cry.

"May I heal you?" she asked the same concerned tone to her words. The ever changing stairs were irrelevant right at that moment. She did not need to worry about anything because they were at the landing as far as she can see, the staircase wasn't important, what was important is to heal the boy's wounds. "The hospital wing is a long way, I'm an intern there so I'm rather confident I can patch you up right here and really fast..."

~~~
@Kegan Strider

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Kegan Strider
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 03:00 PM

"Member"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
Muggle born.

Kegan Strider
© malandor //

Kegan was most definitely not from Beauxbaton however. His English was far too good for most of the students that would have come from the french school. That and his skin was far more weather-beaten than most of those students. The last clue was his voice that despite his knowledge of English his accent was still quite thick and while it was a very relaxed accent it was still incredibly thick.

"Oh no you don't have to worry about them," he told her for a moment his head slowly shaking after he did indeed confirm that the wounds to his hands were nothing more than a minor inconvenience to him. "I will soak them when I get back to my dorm room. Murtlap Essence should help them harden up a bit."

It was as the hospital wing was mentioned that he looked up to her with bright blue eyes that matched the blue on his robes. He shook his head most firmly and his eyes looked deeper into hers hoping against hope that she would let the idea go and that they would not continue to speak on it.

"There really is no need to be concerned. I have had far harder training sessions and far worse competitive injuries." He said quite plainly before letting the skinned cut and blood covered hands rest gently in hers.

"Let me be honest I am not really that happy to be here I would much rather be at my other school, but since my father has moved I really can't do that," He told her as he surprised himself with the fact that he was saying so much to the first person that he had truly talked to from this school.
PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 05:42 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

Light mention of self-harm.

Aki wasn't really one to readily accept a refusal of treatment, seeing people in pain was not only her weakness but also her source of strength. The wounds were not severe but they needed to at least be cleaned and bandaged while he headed to his destination. It wouldn't be too long for her to clean and bandage the exposed flesh on the new boy's knuckles. Her eyes stray away to where the staircases were, none had landed to their specific landing, at least even for a little while. Usually, her staircase would arrive any second but today it did not. Maybe the staircases hated blood dripping on them.

"May I at least clean and bandage them?" she bargained, "I don't think the staircases would like having droplets of blood on them..."

She gestured around them as the staircase had been avoiding them ever since the boy had stepped onto the landing.

"My name is Aki Sei..." she stated politely, "What's yours?"

It wasn't every day that the girl had heard an accent as thick as his, it was something he hasn't heard in a while and she can't quite put where it was from. Holding his hands gently as to not hurt them.

"Did you do this to yourself?" she asked with concern and fear for the boy. All pain can be avoided or treated and they would go away, averted after the first occurrence. Self-made wounds, bruises, and cuts were ones that you can't make better just by healing and treating them. These types end up coming back through the same method. She didn't like them very much but there's nothing anyone can do but treat and hope for the best.

~~~
@Kegan Strider

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Kegan Strider
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 06:09 AM

"Member"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
Muggle born.

Kegan Strider
© malandor //

Kegan paused for a moment his eyes looking down at the small drops of blood that were trailing up the stairway. At first, it confused him his mind flicked around wondering where they had come from for he was sure that the wounds on his knuckles were not that bad but then as he took another look at them he began to realise that in his anger and training he had done much more damage than he would have thought.

"Ah maybe you are right," he told her with a moment of hesitation when he slowly flexed his fingers and now that he was paying attention to them noticed that they were in a great deal more pain than he had thought they would be. "I think I will let you have a good look at them"

"The name is Kegan, Kegan Strider," he said as he let her inspect the hands. Hands that were much worse off than one would have expected. "I am a new transfer from Australia," He told her as he felt her fingers gently touch his and he flinched for only a moment before taking a deep breath and starting to steel himself for the pain.

"And I suppose the answer to your question is sort of," he told her before slowly starting to shake his head. "I was not trying to hurt myself its well. A training injury" He told her before asking her if she was muggle born. A fact that he figured would make explaining Karate much easier to her.

"I was practising my strikes and well I must have gone a little harder than I thought I did thou, to be honest, I did not notice till you pointed it out," he told her his face still a little confused at the amount of damage he had done to his knuckles. "Normally it is never this bad."

~~~
@Aki Sei
PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 24 2017, 05:16 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

A training injury. She'd seen these kinds of things but more with broken bones in the emergency rooms rather than knuckle wounds. It was rare. Most knuckles she'd seen from those who train with their fists had sports tape and bandages on them when they were admitted. And listening to Kegan's reason for them was worrisome.

With the staircases refusing to connect to their landing Aki began to examine the boy's hands. 'Why would he train so hard as to get his knuckles messed up that badly?'. There were deep abrasions on them as if each punch he had done not only fractured the middle knuckles but also tore away at the skin. If she were to describe it, it was very much the same as if one would fall hard on the floor with their knee, like a fractured kneecap with the skin torn off from the impact and friction.

"They're almost broken..." the young healer said in concern. She then looked up at the boy to meet his eyes and said, "Please keep them raised while I heal them up for you."

With that, she took her wand out and paused for only a moment or two as she looked like she was trying to remember the spells she had learned before. Calculating which charm to use in this situation that would be better for a wound like it. "Tesseras Emendo." she gently cast as she lightly flicked to each fractured knuckle. This was a spell she had picked up from one of the earliest healing books from the library and it was mentioned once in her copy of The Healer's Helpmate.

"You had said that you have Murtlap..." she started to converse, "Dittany is a little harder to come by but if you prefer Murtlap... I have both potions on hand all the time... if you'd like me to use one or the other please do tell me."

She then calmly explored her skirt's pocket to find two small potion bottles and held them up for the boy to choose from. "The brown one," she said gesturing to the left potion bottle, "is Dittany." Then she gestured at the right potion bottle. "And this yellow one is Murtlap."

~~~
@Kegan Strider

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Kegan Strider
 Posted: Mar 24 2017, 06:23 AM

"Member"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
Muggle born.

Kegan Strider
© malandor //

Kegan looked up from his hands the internal wounds now fixed and his bones now back in place. The pain from the spell had felt sharp and intense to him but it lasted only for a moment and his face showed no sign that he had felt it. She was a good healer he admitted silently to himself before slowly flexing his fingers and glancing up at the young woman.

"I know them both," he said as he looked down at his fingers then went to reach on out for the Dittany before suddenly changing his mind and taking some Murtlap. "Dittany is the better choice I agree," he told her with a smile before looking up at the small yellow vial he had just selected to use to seal and cover the remaining part of his wounds. "the problem for me is that it is too good and it will negate what I was trying to do in my training, " he told her before letting his lips slip between his teeth and going to uncork the vial right there and then "It will leave my knuckles smooth and clean the skin will be nice and soft to"

IT was then with a light shake of his hand that he let a few drops fall on his left hand and touch his knuckles "It will Multarp will be slower it will let the skin thicken and scar" He said seeming to have used this many times. "Which was the intended results of my training ah?"

It was then at that point that he started to blush for a moment his lips curling up as he looked away and went to dribble a few drops onto his other hand. "I am sorry what was it you said your name was again?" he asked his eyes looking on away from her as though that information should have stuck with him but with everything else going on in his head he clearly had not taken it in. "I know you told me it moments ago but I cant seem to think of it. Akemi seems to fit thou" he said knowing that it meant bright beauty.

~~~~
@Aki Sei
PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 07:26 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

Aki could understand what the boy meant about keeping the scars and the reason for them. There was one thing that she couldn't understand, and that was was why the boy would think that healing scars would negate his ability and skill. What she thought of the moment the boy explained, however, was her Japanese heritage in which warriors would wear their scars proudly. It was understandable in a way if she thought of it that way. As her heritage valued pride and morals. She paused and had thought of her mother. Only remembering bits of her as she was only a small child when she had passed. Her aunts would tell her different stories of when her mother was younger. The pride and loyalty that she had for the Inari shrine where Aki was born and how she looked exactly like her mother.

While the boy had started taking care of his wounds using the Murtlap Essence Aki walked a few steps over to the other end of the stair landing. It was the set of stairs that Kegan had used to get to where they were. It had refused to move until it was cleaned. "Scourgify," she cast at the set of stairs and it was cleaned off of blood. With that, the flight of stairs started to move again. "Please do tell your friend that I will need to use the stairs to go to the dungeons," she said gently as she usually did.

The small girl turned around to find himself looking at a flushed boy who apparently had forgotten in the past minute or two what her name was. She was about to tell him her name again but the boy continued to guess and say that her name was Akemi. There were two things that entered Aki's mind; One is that maybe the boy had problems remembering people's names and two he must have misheard her name as Akemi instead of Aki. She would have never thought that maybe the boy had told her she was 'beautiful' as the name meant. Aki wasn't used to flirting and she wasn't really used to talking to people unless it concerned medicine, healing, and her friends.

"Oh, that's very close. It's Aki though." she smiled genuinely at the boy before heading over to pick up her books. "Akemi's a beautiful name, but I don't really think it suits me," she added with a small almost inaudible laugh due to the softness of her voice.

~~~
@Kegan Strider

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Kegan Strider
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 08:37 AM

"Member"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
Muggle born.

Kegan Strider
© malandor //

Kegans smile did not move from his lips. His eyes only closed slightly as he replaced the cork on the tubes. The dark-haired young man wearing the blue of Ravenclaw waited only a few moments later and watched as she cleaned up the light trail of blood that he had left on the floor.

Part of him in that moment came to realise that she did not a quite understand that he was attempting to flirt with her. It was something about the way she laughed it off made him think that he would have to do something to be more direct and so he chose to try and switch tongues and spoke instead in Japanese

"Watashi wa Akemi ga anata ni totte kanpekida to omou.*" He said in a heavily accented Japanese, his words while well chosen were slightly hesitant as thou he did not practice the tongue often or it had been some time since he had actually spoken it. But still the fact that he was speaking it he hoped would clue into her that he knew exactly what it was he was telling her.

He did not continue speaking the Japanese tongue after that for it was only a few lines that he felt confident in saying anyway. The fact that he actually managed to run these few together was astounding. He did not, however, give her much of a chance to respond having looked back to his knuckles and seen his skin heal and thicken up he smiled before asking her to have another look at his hands.

"Here see this?" he asked as he pointed to the skin on his knuckles skin that had just freshly healed on up. "Look at the skin, see how it is thinker now? how the scars are protecting the knuckles?" He asked as he pointed out that the next time he hit something his hand would not get as much damage as it did this time. "It's one of the reasons I was doing the training. thou I may have gone overboard I did not intend to harm the bones themselves."

~~~
*I think Akumi is perfect for you
~~~
@Aki Sei
PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:27 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

Turning back at the Ravenclaw boy as he had spoken her mother tongue it was amusing to her. She did not expect it and she giggled as the boy who seemed to be gruff did not use the more masculine 'Ore' but instead used the polite 'Watashi'. It was very cute in her perception. His sentence was something she also did not expect as the boy may have been trying to tell her she was beautiful.

"Watashi wa kansha shite imasu. Shikashi, watashi wa sore hodo utsukushī monode wa arimasen." she giggled out, she wasn't used to compliments especially when she hasn't really done anything to deserve them. It was refreshing that she was able to talk in Japanese as she would almost always hear it spoken at home.

Kegan then told her to look at his knuckles that had formed rather thickened scars. Then she realized that some scars do leave callous membrane that stays as a protective coating to a previously healed wound. Sometimes this was the case and in others, it was the opposite. It was the first time he had seen someone scar this way through something other than surgery scars. She noted mentally that Murtlap had a kind of surgery effect on a deep wound.

"That's interesting. I've only seen that kind of scar on surgery patients," she said her mind just blankly saying it, she then realized this and put a hand in front of her lips in shock. "I'm sorry, I tend to ramble on when it comes to things I'm interested in. I wouldn't want to keep you from your destination."

And at that moment her specific set of stairs had come with the sound of stone sliding and connecting to stone. She picked up her books and asked, "Where are you headed? I'm going downstairs to the dungeons to my dorm." It was still a few hours early from curfew hours but she still had to carry her books to her dorm.

~~~
@Kegan Strider
Trans: I'm very thankful. But, I'm really not that pretty.

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Kegan Strider
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 03:44 PM

"Member"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
Muggle born.

Kegan Strider
© malandor //

Kegan did not say much more he knew his Japanese was not that great and for a moment he thought he was embarrassing himself in front of her. Then she giggled and lightly blushed before responding. Her claim not to be beautiful to him only made her seem more so. But he let that drop as she examined his hand.

He smiled and nodded as she noted how the skin was slightly calloused. Then as she mentioned that she had only seen this kind of scaring in surgical patients that he figured she had to be muggle born. For no one born into this, the wizarding world would ever have ever have had a need to visit a muggle doctor. Nor would they have had interests in surgery.

"You should inspect the hands of martial artists then," he told her before slowly pulling his hands back and moving to tug his bag more firmly over his shoulder and tossed to her a small grin "You will find heavily calloused knuckles on almost all of us." He told her before starting to grab a look to the stairs heading on upwards. "I am heading up to raven claw tower. Am meant to be settling myself on into this place"

He paused for a moment and then took a deep breath his eyes looking to her as the stairs suddenly moved into position to take him upwards to his quarters.

"I better get going," he said as he looked up at her for a moment his lips twisting into a smile. The first real since he had come here and then chose to once again change his tongue to Japanese. "Sumimasen, watashi no nihongo wa sore hodo yoku arimasen.*"

~~~~
I'm sorry, my Japanese is not very good.
~~~~
@Aki Sei
PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 12:33 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

"I can't say I've met a lot of them before," she replied to the boy's insight on martial artists. The only callouses she had seen were from her friend Dmitri Haag's fingertips that had always strummed and played with frets of a guitar. And on other occasions was from his heritage's sportsmen who practice kendo and swordsmanship but never really knuckles, they were harder to get callouses on and the skin on them was thinner than those of where callous usually formed.

One thing was certain, to Aki Sei, Kegan Strider was someone to admire for their patience and hard work. "I think that you'll be a great martial artist." she appreciated a lot of things in her life and one thing she knew was it was always good to let people know that they were doing great.

As both of their stairs landed on their usual places, she looked down at her steps that led to the corridor that led to a stairwell that went straight to the Great Hall before arriving at the dungeons. She knew she was late for her walk back to her dorms but it didn't matter as she had met a new person and it was always a delight to meet someone new.

"Don't worry. You're doing ok." the auburn haired badger replied to the boy with a chirp in her voice. It was a pleasant encounter and most of her encounters had been her being very anxious about new people. "If you ever need someone to tend your training wounds you can send me an owl or if you need healing potions or maybe if you'd like to learn how to duel I have a friend who can help you with any of them." She loved to offer help and she wanted to. She had figured that maybe the boy wasn't one to go to someone for help when injured due to the state he was in and not going to the hospital wing instead of straight to his dorms.

~~~
@Kegan Strider

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Kegan Strider
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 05:32 AM

"Member"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
Muggle born.

Kegan Strider
© malandor //

Kegan paused his feet only a few steps up the staircase when he slowly turned on back to look at the young woman. She wanted him to come to her if he had any more training accidents? he thought as he looked carefully at the young woman and bit on down on his lower lip. He guessed that meant that she actually liked him? He could not for the life of him think of a reason what that could be.

"Thanks but I am not the Duelling type," he said as he into her eyes, a flicker of passion coming to them as he gave her the soft smile. "Jinks curses hexes they are just so impersonal. If I get into a fight with someone it will be up close personal and they will feel my anger," he told her before turning on back and starting to head further up the stairs.

"But you are my favourite healer here so far so I have no doubt that you will be hearing from me," he told her as he looked back to shoot her one last smile before he reached the next landing before moving up further and out of her sight.

~~~~
@Aki Sei
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC Ascension Of Darkness DW

AUTUMN 2017
Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts. All of our lovely students are back from their summer terms refreshed and (hopefully) ready to buckle down for classes. Join us! :D Please Register using Proper Case!!
BE A LIGHT TO EACH OTHER ♥