izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR

Add Reply
New Poll

SPRING 2018 SKIN
Exh · 16 · 6th · None yet · pureblood · 5"5
Smoosh Brigade
Awards:
Awards: 25

Feb 28 2018, 11:16 PM   Link Quote
SPRING SKIN

Winter has come and gone, and so too must our winter skin. It was fun while it lasted but, all good things must come to an end! The good news? It's time for the spring skin changeover! Hooray!

Just like last term, this thread should be used to report bugs and/or weird colour variations in the skin. I've done as much bug testing as humanly possible- so here's hoping the rollover goes smoothly this time around!

As always, you're more than welcome to comment on aesthetic/general skin preferences- but please do keep in mind that (as hard as I might try) I can't always please everyone. As you can see, i've gone for a more in-between/mixed colour scheme... so, hopefully this is a happy medium for everyone?

Again, I'll be releasing a second version of this spring skin with larger fonts and a slightly darker colour palate soon, for those of you who have trouble reading text on a monitor! I haven't forgotten you all I promise <3 This will be released once the first version of the skin has been declared bug free- hopefully within the week!

NEW ADDITIONS / FAQ

The Tabs are here to stay: So many of you liked the tabbed mini profile in the winter skin that I decided to keep it! The tabs are now located at the bottom of the mini profile, but all of the information should still be the same smile.gif

Staff Modals: The staff images beneath the header no longer link to the staff's member profiles. Instead, they will open a pop-up modal containing a whole bunch of information on said staff member. This should hopefully make it a little easier to identify which characters are played by staffers, and therefore make contacting us all the easier!

Announcements: Beneath the header you'll find a small section containing the most recent announcements. As this needs to be updated manually, I would still recommend checking the announcement thread every time you log into wurr... but, for those of you who are forgetful (like me), this should help a little!

Drop down menu: No, your eyes do not deceive you- the top left section of the board ( where you see your characters name and gif) IS in fact a drop down menu. Due to a minor muck up while I was coding the jQuery however... this drop down will ONLY work if you click on the background- not on your characters name or gif! This is completely my fault, and i'm sorry if it confused anyone- it's on my list of 'things to fix'.

FIXES

- Cbox Link has been fixed

- "LATEST" text on the topic view page now links to most latest post
@Chikara Momomiya

TO BE ADDRESSED

- Switch account in sidebar
For those of you having this issue, I have placed a second 'switch account' dropdown at the bottom of the page, next to the skin selector for the time being. (beneath the board statistics if you're on the index page).
@Kala Faraji @Felton Quigley

KNOWN 'ISSUES'

Toggle Sidebar: Those of you who have been on WURR for a while may remember this issue being addressed in the past but, when the cbox/sidebar is toggled closed, you may notice it briefly 'opening' as you change pages. This is not a skin bug, it has to do with the way browsers read cookies. Please also note that the toggle sidebar will not remember its 'open/closed' state unless you have cookies enabled on WURR. If this is something that bothers you, I recommend keeping the sidebar in an open state.

--------------------
I Can't Escape
the way that I don't fit in with any of this

user posted imageuser posted image

Avatars by the wonderful Evan <3

Kala Faraji
· · · · ·
Awards:
Mar 1 2018, 09:35 AM   Link Quote
Hello! It is me, Mari.

I am here to say BEAUTIFUL SKIN!

But I actually have seen a few issues already.

Firstly the drop down menu under your username at the top right doesn't work on mobile if you have the sidebar toggled open. You have to close the sidebar to log out.

Secondly I noticed that the "switch account" on the toggle sidebar doesn't work on Internet Explorer or in mobile. The drop down menu to select the account you want to switch to doesn't come up! I don't know if maybe it's the placing that interfering with the code?

That's all I've noticed for now. <3

@Juno Moreau
kai · 18 · 7th · · halfblood · 5'0
Hufflepuff
Awards:
Awards: 3

Mar 1 2018, 10:08 AM   Link Quote
i second the first issue mari made, i cant actually open it at all
QUOTE (Kala Faraji @ Mar 1 2018, 03:35 PM)
Hello! It is me, Mari.

I am here to say BEAUTIFUL SKIN!

But I actually have seen a few issues already.

Firstly the drop down menu under your username at the top right doesn't work on mobile if you have the sidebar toggled open. You have to close the sidebar to log out.

Secondly I noticed that the "switch account" on the toggle sidebar doesn't work on Internet Explorer or in mobile. The drop down menu to select the account you want to switch to doesn't come up! I don't know if maybe it's the placing that interfering with the code?

That's all I've noticed for now. <3

@Juno Moreau

--------------------
user posted image
thank you lyx
Ruthie · 15 · 5th · Chihuahua · Pureblood · 5'8
Hufflepuff
Awards:
Awards: 31

Mar 1 2018, 10:22 AM   Link Quote
EXH!! First of all i fooping adore this skin. like the colour combos are just so appealing to me and it's just so lush and hnnnnggggggg... you spoil us too much. <333 but i do wanna echo Mari's second point here, and sorry if i'm being annoying about it ;-;

QUOTE (Kala Faraji @ Mar 1 2018, 10:35 AM)

bc i'm also finding that an issue and i use google chrome.. which is why i'm stuck on felton rn... bc i'm too lazy to sign out and sign in again as lenny. xD

but like overall i'm completely blown away by this skin and your talent. you're amazing. ;-; <33

--------------------
user posted image
big ups to the Effervescent Evan for the cute pixel and the 2 avatars that are actually nice lmao <33
Lolo · · · · ·
Banned
Awards:
Awards: 2

Mar 10 2018, 04:49 AM   Link Quote
Hey Exh, I like this skin a lot and it's working really well for me!

I saw this little glitch when I went into CDCs and thought you'd like to take a look.

user posted image

Lolo xx

Stells!Edit: There were a few open divs in the CDC master list, this should be fixed?

Lolo!Edit: Omg I literally just came in here to apologise because I am such a huge dummy idiot. I bow to the coding people. Sorry forever I will go away now.

--------------------
permanent salty language warning
Aki Sei
· · · · ·
Awards:
Mar 10 2018, 10:43 AM   Link Quote
not a big issue, but the sorting ceremony's text is hard to read biggrin.gif

user posted image
a puzzle of scars · Seventeen · 7th Year · N/A · Muggleborn · 5'6"
Gryffindor Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 3

Mar 12 2018, 07:45 AM   Link Quote
SO EVERYTHING LOOKS BEAUTIFUL

though i've been having a problem where any code with a custom link color works in preview but as soon as i save it, it just changes to the purple

idk if it's fixable or not, just thought i would say something.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks coco!!!
Kala Faraji
· · · · ·
Awards:
Mar 15 2018, 08:30 PM   Link Quote
So this is not a big deal, I was just stalking your pretty fam aesthetics and noticed that the toggle doesn't work when you're in that particular thread.

Here is an image, my cbox is toggled open but as you can see it isn't working Tis not a big deal to me.

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD