CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5-11
Pureblood
Rep: 2 pts [ + | - ]

Eliot Peters
© Mud // He Him His
Awards: None

Eliot swiped at his brow, fingers twisted in his sweat-drenched hair.

It was an awful summer day, with the heat drifting heavy through the castle as well as the grounds. Only in the dungeons had he found salvation, and the boy took a minute to cool his skin against the damp stonework. The room itself was small, with three straight walls and a forth, oddly curved one that made him wonder what earthly construct was inches behind it. It was dark, too, with only one torch for the entire room. He had lit it with his wand, turning next to the broken table that took up nearly a half of the usable space. It mended slowly but perfectly. Mending was a specialty of Eliot's, with so much practice patching holes in pants and sewing rips in shirts.

Eliot had extended the invitation to Seraphina the day before. Summer had dragged on far longer than he wanted, and as this was the first summer without his sister - she was off enjoying her new found adulthood - he found himself rather bored. He would never admit to also being lonely, but yes, that too.

The two students had met in Potions the past year, almost purposely ignoring the other's presence for some time because they simply had no need to interact. The joyous torture of "group projects" had brought them together.

If Eliot's suspicions were correct, she knew as much about him as he did about her. Both of their families were proud purebloods - and shameful outcasts. Both had squandered fortunes and fallen, in part, from grace. Perhaps it was their shared background that kept them apart for so long. Yet, as the school system itself brought them together, Eliot found himself impressed with her drive, charm, and occasional wit.

With her NEWTS starting soon, Eliot thought he'd entice her with a quick potion-catch up. So stacked up all around him was various potion supplies, borrowed, rightfully attained, and occasionally stolen from the student storeroom.

"I'm ready," he said, just as the door opened. "Are you?"
@Seraphina Windsor
PM
^
Seraphina Windsor
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 11:01 PM

"find your [ fire ]"

YEAR:
Seventh
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
TBD
HEIGHT:
1.75 m / 5' 9"
Pureblood
Rep: 3 pts [ + | - ]

Seraphina Windsor
© Kimmy // She / Her
Awards: 24

Letting out a long suffering sigh, Seraphina stalked the halls of Hogwarts as she made her way down to the dungeons. They were in Scotland so why in Merlin's name had it been covered in a blanket of pressing hot heat all summer. Scowling, she made her way down further into the depths of Hogwarts grateful to have only a small reprieve from the heat. Despite the loose flowing dress she wore, it still stuck to her body like a second skin and it did nothing to help her ever worsening mood. Without a doubt she still looked better than half the population at Hogwarts and that was all she cared about.

All night in her dormitory, Sera had been tossing and turning in part due to the heat. The rest of it of course had to do with her family.

Everything revolved around her family and the stress of what she had to do was starting to get to her. It didn't help that Cassiel, her half-brother and the one person that truly knew everything about her, had been taking forever to reply back to her letters. With so much riding on her shoulders to bring her family back to the elite status they once knew, the Slytherin was trying not to show the stress of it all. Deep inside her, Seraphina knew it was really wearing her down and if she wasn't careful she was going to burn out. That was not an option as it would constitute as failure and all her hard work would be for nothing.

There had to be something she could do to relieve stress, but what though? All the previous boys she had been with to distract herself had all run away in terror. As much as she desired that as a distraction, it wasn't something she considered a loss as they all had been bumbling idiots. As for her friends, well she didn't have any she considered worthy enough of her time at the moment to relieve boredom with so all that was left seemed to be study. So much for a stress reliever.

It was a touchy subject with her whenever someone deigned to bring up their good grades like no hard work had been put in it. Despite hitting the library from a young age, learning was not something that always came easily to her. Just like with her futile attempts at cooking, potions was something she was especially not so great at and it irritated her to no end that she had to put in so many more hours than necessary to get the best mark required from her. Which brought her to the present as she arrived in front of the door where Eliot Peters was most likely stationed behind. Reluctantly over time she had to acknowledge him and his skills in potions after they had been forced to work in a group together.

As much as it destroyed her to admit it, and even then she sometimes liked to ignore that it was even an issue, Seraphina needed all the help she could get from Peters and that was why she accepted his help with a study session. Opening the door, she noticed how dimly lit the room was and how small and cool it felt. The atmosphere and coolness was the perfect antidote to her bad mood and achingly hot body. Upon hearing the Ravenclaw speak, automatically her usual mask slid into place hiding all her stress and worries and she smirked.

"Peters", she drawled out, "I'd say it's a pleasure to see you again but given I have to study for potions I can't say I'm all to pleased. What torture do you have in store for me today?" As was her philosophy on life, Sera hated small talk and liked to get straight to the point.

@Eliot Peters

--------------------
SLYTHERIN
{ wear }
PM
^
Eliot Peters
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 06:32 AM

"I will find your rooftop, and I will be on top of it. "

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5-11
Pureblood

Eliot Peters
© Mud // He Him His

Eliot couldn't muster the strength to repress the grin that slit across his lips. He made a purposeful move to look away from her, pulling at his own clothes to try and separate them from his own skin.

He cleared his throat, offering her a proper courtesy and a moment to adjust. "Straight to the point, as always, Windsor." Turning his back to her, Eliot moved the few feet back to the table and checked that all the cracks were magically healed. Doubtful, he thought, that Seraphina would be all too pleased with a splitting table ruining her progress.

The Ravenclaw moved to his Potions textbook, turning to a chapter in the back and laying it out flat. With a brisk hand motion he beckoned her to approach. "I figured we could do a Laughing Potion." He paused, moving his fingers up to his slowly drying hair and twisting them in its knots.

"Laughing," he said. "Is when your body makes a sound after you find something hilarious or even mildly interesting. Typically comes from the stomach region." He tried to make his voice very official and suppressed his own desire to chuckle. Teasing someone so serious was a wicked pleasure, for certain. Still, he made sure to keep his eyes away from hers.

"Seriously though, love," Eliot continued. "Its a tricky potion that has a lot of steps. It won't appear on your NEWTS, but it'll help build skills. And, god-forbid someone with some actual power walks in on us, there's nothing disallowed about this brew."

He turned, then, to look up at her. Studying her face, Eliot found himself oddly, coldly, dumbfounded. She was something to behold - though she always looked like she was one sneeze away from crippling the next fool to walk passed her.

"Good summer?"
PM
^
Seraphina Windsor
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 12:35 AM

"find your [ fire ]"

YEAR:
Seventh
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
TBD
HEIGHT:
1.75 m / 5' 9"
Pureblood

Seraphina Windsor
© Kimmy // She / Her

Moving to sit down, Sera placed all her books on the table as she surveyed the boy in front of her. He looked as bad as she felt in this heat and she was glad she wasn't the only one suffering. At least she tried her best to hide her discomfort at the wretched summer heat. As he moved his stuff around, she sat on the chair next to him and mentally prepared for the painful process of what was ahead of her. It was humiliating having to ask for help but as far as people went, Peters wasn't all that bad to get help from. Until he said they were making a Laughing Potion.Was he having a go at her? Sera narrowed her eyes at him trying to decide if he was. In due time she was sure she would figure out if he was there to actually help her again, or if he was trying to pull her leg.

"Peters," she drawled out, "believe it or not but I know how to laugh. I merely don't because no one is funny enough to get one out of me." That part was mostly true. There had been many an instance where she found things funny but dare not show it because it would actually imply she liked the person who managed to make her laugh. Then there was the other end of the spectrum where she had to fake laugh whenever she had to deal with a particularly unpleasant person she was trying to get something out of. Whilst she considered her fake laugh quite impressive, it hurt so much to force it out because usually she was trying not to strangle the person in front of her.

When he mentioned how difficult a potion it was going to be, she had to suppress a groan at the thought. Potions, just like cooking, seemed rather pointless to her. It was a lengthy mashup of ingredients that produced something usually quite horrible smelling. At least it was when she did it. She could do without the process, all she required in the end was the product. If only Hogwarts followed her line of thinking, then she wouldn't have had to ask for help just to get good grades. That way she could focus on more important things like her family's name and spend more time catching up on sleep, if that were possible. Seraphina was exhausted and she wondered if she actually had any patience left to get through another difficult session studying potions. At least it wasn't something that would get her into trouble if they were found out.

An inkling of surprise trickled through her when he stared at her and asked about her summer. It hadn't been like them in the past to find out more than the basic necessities of each others lives.

"My summer was," Seraphina trailed off and wondered for a moment if she wanted to make something up or reveal the truth, "It was tiring to say the least. Family, studying, plotting ways to cancel Potions classes if that were possible." Falling silent, Sera realised she was joking which shouldn't have been possible. Joking simply wasn't her thing; it was something she left to the idiotic Gryffindors to do since it was below her. Chalking it up to the heat and lack of sleep, she decided to hell with it today and that Eliot wasn't one to use it against her. "See, I can joke. Now if you could forget to ever tell anyone else about it that would be fantastic because I got a reputation to uphold." Although she probably looked like she was ready to rip off someone's head, she felt a small tug of her lips pull up. "Okay, I'll bite. How was your summer?"

--------------------
SLYTHERIN
{ wear }
PM
^
Eliot Peters
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 05:07 PM

"I will find your rooftop, and I will be on top of it. "

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5-11
Pureblood

Eliot Peters
© Mud // He Him His

Every time - every time - Seraphina Windsor spoke, Eliot's eyebrows raised in amusement, horror, or mere curiosity. Like some strange psychological experiment gone wrong there was nothing he could do to stop it. She spoke, he raised an eyebrow. It was a law.

"Is it that no one is funny enough?" He asked, turning to her this time in amusement. "Or because no one is brave enough to even try? What was your last kill-count of first-years? Four? Or Fourteen?"

The back and forth continued as the pair set up for the potion lesson. He knew she detested it. He hoped the feelings were just for potions and not him, though he'd never admit it. Still, Eliot was incapable of wondering how anyone could hate potions. If you considered each brew a spell in itself, you could double - or even triple! - the amount of magic known to the world. Sure, it wasn't as fancy as swinging a wand around and muttering ancient, occasional comical enchantments, but it was truly magic - and truly powerful.

From love slaves to liquid luck - if a spell couldn't do it, chances are a potion could.

She paused in thought after he inquired about her summer, and again he found himself staring at her, lost in whatever it was she had. A quick chuckle escaped his lips, and it felt almost foreign in this room. "Would you look at that," he said with a hint of awe.

Eliot stretched before removing a thin jacket from his person and tossing it in a dusty corner. He quickly wiped some swept from his arms, exposed in the sleeve-less T, and turned from his companion to finish the unpacking of ingredients.

"My summer was, well, rather usual." He let the words sit in the air, mingling with his sweat and her scour, before continuing. "My father doesn't work. He's home all day during the summer - ranting and raving and generally being a pain in my teenaged ass. So I try to roam the streets of Glasgow or, if I'm lucky, catch a bus down to London. And then I just walk - like some runaway youth who doesn't know how to place a phone call let alone survive. Because I can't afford to window shop, let alone actually buy something. Hell," he says, pausing after placing the last ingredient out and inspecting his work. "I can't even afford a coffee."

Clearing his throat, Eliot once again runs his hands through his hair, a finger getting trapped in a knot just momentarily.

"Steps 1 through 4 are very easy - but the most important. Start cutting everything its proportion," he said. "You're the boss. You tell me how to help you - but I'm going to follow your instructions to the letter. Tell me to do something wrong and I won't fix it."

He offered her a smile, and waited.
PM
^
Seraphina Windsor
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 06:29 PM

"find your [ fire ]"

YEAR:
Seventh
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
TBD
HEIGHT:
1.75 m / 5' 9"
Pureblood

Seraphina Windsor
© Kimmy // She / Her

The boy sitting in front of her definitely wasn't afraid of her like others had been in the past and for that she respected him. Although he did seem to do a lot of eyebrow raising, Seraphina was sure she was more of a joke to him that anything and in a way it didn't bother her as much as it nearly should have. The heat must have really been getting to her more than she realised.

Wryly, she smiled at his joke. "Oh I believe my last kill-count was sitting at sixteen. There were two this morning that got in my way and you know how terrible I can be when it's hot. I think they were blinded by how good looking I am and forgot how to move out of my way. Too bad for them."

Despite the joking around, Fina realised she didn't mind all that much that he was seeing a more light-hearted side to her than others. Perhaps it was because of his patience with her when it came to teaching potions that he had gained her respect. The Slytherin girl knew it wasn't always easy to teach her the subjects like Potions where she had more difficulty understanding the subject. It was easy and rather common for her to just give up multiple times before she felt the pressure of a deadline and have an almost panic attack before she actually sat down to study the subject. That in itself she knew was like dealing with a three year old who was denied candy.

Watching him remove his jacket, she noticed that he was really just as hot as she felt. Something definitely needed to be done about this wretched weather before she actually did start blasting an ice charm around the castle. Listening to his summer she realised that they had more similarities than she wanted to admit. "Well, as much as I enjoy being a cold hearted snake, I can relate to those financial struggles. I'm sure you've heard of the oh ever-so-amazing fall of the Windsors from high society. All of that lot do love to bring it up every now and then."

It was well known of how her family had ruined themselves financially and it was sometimes a sore point when some of the members of high society brought it up; luckily their children weren't always as uppity as their parents. It seemed to be one of the ways she felt she could build up her family's reputation and name again. Meaningfully or sometimes superficially, Fina found that it helped to become friends with the children of those who shunned them.

When they focused on Potions and he gave her the directive that she was to be in charge, it was hard not to cringe. It had to be done though and even though her chopping skills were sub par, practice did make perfect.

"Well I suppose if you're up for it I could do with some help cutting the ingredients, otherwise until we get to step two I probably won't need any help." Pausing she started prepping the ingredients to be cut in front of her. "Be warned for the massacre that's about to happen in front of you though," she muttered under her breath as she started to chop.

Fina was curious about one thing though. "Why do you like teaching this subject anyways? I know for a fact it is, or in this case I am not easy," she finished saying trying not cut her fingers off in the process.

--------------------
SLYTHERIN
{ wear }
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC Ascension Of Darkness DW

AUTUMN 2017
Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts. All of our lovely students are back from their summer terms refreshed and (hopefully) ready to buckle down for classes. Join us! :D Please Register using Proper Case!!
BE A LIGHT TO EACH OTHER ♥